Vaja Leather iPhone Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 3282872, Oct 6, 2007.

1. 3282872 macrumors 6502a

I highly recommend iPhone owners to check out Vaja Leather products, http://www.vajacases.com . Before I bought an iPhone, I owner the Motorola RAZR line and used the Vaja case for my RAZR and found it to be a great product. It's a company based in Brazil that manufactures custom cases for reasonable prices, ranging from iPods to phones. For roughly $60, including monogramming, the cases are metal wrapped in high grad leather in any color. Check it out, highly worth it :).

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

How long did it take them to get your product to you? The last time I looked there for an ipod case the website said it took at least 25 days just to manufacture the thing.

3. 3282872 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really? Wow, I never had a problem with delivery time. My iPhone case took about 10 days, it was a little longer since I had mine monogrammed. Usually takes about 5-7 business days.

4. crtowles macrumors newbie

crtowles

2 weeks only.....

I ordered 2 Vaja cases at different times. One for myself and one for my son. It took about 2 weeks for my case and about 1 week for my sons case to arrive.
    They are both very nice. Well worth the wait, no matter how long! :)

Carmen

5. smythey macrumors regular

Thanks for the feedback - found this site a few weeks ago and they do look awesome. The IPhone cases, although they look really good, have a big flap (insert gag here..) which opens and hangs down when you're using the phone. Just thinks this looks potentially a bit annoying. Anybody got and using on of them? ... this one...

6. 3282872 thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is more than one iPhone case. The one they display has a flap, but they have a few others. The one I got just clips onto the back, similar to the Encase rubber casing, no flap. Take a look at the Phone -> iPhone section (as it's a flash based site I can't link to anything direct), and you'll see all the cases and options. In the image in the link you listed, take off the front flap and just leave the back portion of the case, that's what I have :).

(and you're in Scotland, jealous here. I live in London and traveled the U.K. for a couple of years, miss it... and love your signature, is that supposed to be a tongue in cheek mock of all of us who have our Mac devices listed? lol)

7. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

I have a Vaja leather iPhone case winging its way to me. When it arrives I will post a link here to my review.

8. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

The vaja cases are undoubtedly works of art, and very attractive. Having said that, I still prefer the look of the iPhone without a case.

9. asc88 macrumors newbie

Any reviews on C.E.O.™ Sleeve for iPhone

Hey guys,

I am going to purchase an iPhone within a few days and have been looking around for a nice case. Those Vaja Cases do look cool, but they r a bit on the costlier side. Anyways, just wondering if any of u have used C.E.O sleeve for iPhone from Marware.

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/iPhone-Products/C-E-O-Sleeve-for-iPhone

And current iPhone users...would you recommend it?? thx!

10. asc88 macrumors newbie

Okay...heard that the Marware products aren't the best cases for iPhone right now. Now I'm seriously looking into getting one of the Vaja i-volution cases....they look really really good. Can someone please give a detailed review about them. I'm looking into buying this one:
    http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=mobile-apple-iphone&ini=cap30gi&c=6&it=1&s=1

Want to know if the cover is a bit of a problem when u have it opened. And is it inconvenient when you have to answer a call?? Also, how is the quality and the fitting?? Would you guys (who have already bought this) recommend it for the iPhone considering its price??

Thanks a ton!!

11. asc88 macrumors newbie

thx CD3660. Which one would u recommend? I am just not sure if i-volution SP holster would be practical while answering a call and stuff. Just can't see myself actually opening up the flap and leaving it hanging or flip it on the back side while on a call or surfing the web. What is your experience with it??

12. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I won't get my iPhone until the 9th of November when they are released in the U.K., and even then I may not bother with a case but go for the Power Support Crystal Film as a screen protector and the Best Skins Ever to protect the rest.

13. asc88 macrumors newbie

CJD2112...I'm interested in purchasing the case u have....I'm guessing it is i-volution Holster...right?? Anyways, just wanted to know if u had any problems/concerns with it?? How is it from practicality stand point?
    thx..

14. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Love my vaja case

I just got my Vaja iVolution case for my iphone. I took about 3 1/2 for me to get it, but it was well worth the wait, and is worth every penny. This thing is seriously high quality and the phone is just as sexy with it on as with it off.

15. asc88 macrumors newbie

congrats abiyng87....just wondering which i-volution case did u get? with the flip or without??

16. bimbels macrumors newbie

17. 3282872 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey, have been away on business so just saw your question. I love it, I got the simplest of the cases, no cover and it just slips on the phone. I've dropped it a few times and the phone and case are rock solid, no scratches and the case doesn't add any weight to the phone. For the screen I covered it with one of those clear films and the screen hasn't scratched at all. Let me know what you got. :)

18. page3 macrumors 6502

My Classic Dockable is finally on its way to me in the UK. It's made it as far as Buenos Aires so far. Taken about 25 days from order.

19. DogcowUK macrumors member

My iVolution Top SP took three days to a arrive in the UK. Superb quality, you'll be impressed.

20. Merser macrumors member

Merser

Has anyone here tried the ivolution that has the leather that covers the home button? I have read on some reviews that say its annoyingly harder to depress the home button because of it. Anyone agree??

I would just buy the plain holster, but I want something that offers some protection to the face. Meaning i could lay it down on my desk without having to worry that its resting on its screen.

21. page3 macrumors 6502

It's arrived!

Mini Review of the Classic Retro Dockable follows:

The case arrived in a rather plain (Vaja logo'd) white box, with no booklet or anything. Vaja had very kindly written out the invoice with a value of $20 so no tax/duty was payable ;)

The case itself is made from excellent quality leather and looks really sturdy. The leather is quite a lot thinner than other cases I've seen, minimising the added bulk. The front flap stays shut due to a powerful magnet. The microphone, speaker and phone-speaker are all covered with a fine metal gauss. The phone fits in tightly but is still easily dockable. All four corners of the iPhone are uncovered however, so it does not protect as well as I expected. A thin piece of leather goes between the cutout for the volume control and the mute button. It is a little bit out of alignment - nothing drastic, but it pushes against the mute button so really should be another 2mm lower down. The home button is covered with leather, but remains just as easy to press.

I selected the default colours as shown on the Vaja 'customise' website. This shows 'Pistil' with a 'Sabbia' stripe. Unfortunately, the actual colours don't match the example of the screen. The Pistil looked a muddy brown but in reality is a far brighter, stronger reddish-brown. The Sabbia stripe is far more orange-sand than in the example. Not what I expected at all! My 'Classic Retro' case looks very retro indeed! However, I don't totally dislike it so will get used to it in time I expect.

This is a much more traditional leather case than the iVolution, and if I didn't want it to be dockable I'd probably have preferred that instead. However, it is exceptionally high quality and well worth the money, especially with the Pound/Dollar exchange rather being so favourable.

22. iwood macrumors newbie

page3,

i have read somewhere on a forum that having a magnet near the iphone is not good. true>?

23. page3 macrumors 6502

I hope not!

In all honesty, I've read this sort of thing before with regard to magnets, but never seen any adverse affects after 10+ years of using such cases with other phones.

24. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

Small magnet will be fine, sitting your iPhone on top of a subwoofer, probably not a good idea... mind you that goes for people too :D