Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
Flynnstone said:
One problem with legalizing it in the US is ... litigation.
I think we are all concerned about worker safety. We also know about the risks associated with the sex trade.
So .. people going into the legalized sex trade and say get AIDS ...
because its legalized ... there will be lawsuits.

The customer would need to sign some kind of informed consent about STDs. It would kill the mood though.

hookahco

macrumors regular
AoWolf said:
Great to see that the city of my birth is a pillar of upright morals and goodness...

I think I am just gonna say I am from seattle now.
whether you like it or not, prostitution has been around for thousands of years and it is here to stay. better to regulate it and clean up the trade than watch disease spread.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
hookahco said:
whether you like it or not, prostitution has been around for thousands of years and it is here to stay. better to regulate it and clean up the trade than watch disease spread.
Killing has been around for thousands of years, doesn't make it right.

Maybe we should legalise assassins now.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
hvfsl said:
Killing has been around for thousands of years, doesn't make it right.
I dunno. If you tried to use that argument in the legislature to debate your point against legalizing solicited sex, you'd be laughed out the door of the provincial building.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
Lacero said:
I dunno. If you tried to use that argument in the legislature to debate your point against legalizing solicited sex, you'd be laughed out the door of the provincial building.
You are probably right, but then I was saying you can't use that arguement to justify Prostitution being made legal. ;)

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
hvfsl said:
You are probably right, but then I was saying you can't use that arguement to justify Prostitution being made legal. ;)
Well, except that when you kill someone, usually both parties aren't consenting. ;)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
solvs said:
That's why I said usually. ;) That was the same thing I was thinking of when I said that. Assisted suicide would be another, but that's a whole other ball of wax.
Especially, when they label the person helping out the person jumping up and down asking to die -- a vigilante. :eek: :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.