Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
It only took almost 2 months but I finally got it! It does not come with extra screws like the 4S version. The 4S version does seem a little better than the 5 in quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
1 more! I will take some more picture tonight with the case on the phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
nice

mine came with 2 extra screws but no backplate, and plus let us know if yours has a tiny gap on the volume button side.

No backplate for me too! Yes there is a gap if you hold it in certain angle then you'll see. THere is couple scratch on the case too!

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
how has the reception been?

I usually get 3-4 bars inside my house and it's been 2-3(sometime its 4). It's gonna take about 1 week to test signal problem but so far it's pretty good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Pure bodyguardz + spigen ex ultra crystal mix sides and back with vapor pro!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 146

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
I hate uploading picture from iOS! Only allow one picture for each post!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Yeah I noticed my black case affected signal somewhat and my battery drained faster from it, I also noticed with the colored ones their actually painted not anodized, I stopped using it after I got my real sector 5, I like the look just poor quality

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Looks really good. Have you done any speedtest or actually load up some websites to see if it's about the same without the case?

I only uses WIFI and its been seem like the same as before. Signal are at 4 bars most of the time too!

Firestrife

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2008
Miami
I hate uploading picture from iOS! Only allow one picture for each post!

Hey could you get some straight on front and back pictures I'd like to check the fitment against my own one. Just wanna see if its similar for every one or mine is just kinda shoddy.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Got my fake BlackOps Vapor Pro today from Caseswill. I'm actually impressed with it. It looks really good. While I'm sure it's probably painted, it looks anodized, and the fit is rather good, actually. I was a dope the first time I put it on, trying to slide it in (and adding two small scuffs to my bezel) before realizing the other screws at the top corner. Oh well...they stay covered at all times anyway. I went ahead and installed the microsuede back sticker and it's not bad either. Reception seems unaffected for me. -91 before the case, -90 after the case in my current location. LTE speeds are good (tested at 26 down, 17 up with the case on)

Overall, not bad at all for the price. Now, we'll see how durable it is.

element-1.jpg

element-2.jpg

Field test without case:
element-3.jpg

Field test with case:
element-4.jpg

element-5.jpg

element-6.jpg

shamanstar

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2011
Case affects my bluetooth reception

I got the case last week and LOVE IT!! I listen to podcasts on my bluetooth while working and I walk around inside and outside and move around a lot. Unfortunately, the bluetooth signal is affected with the case on. The bluetooth signal only cuts out very minimally without the case but with the case, it is so irritating that I am unable to listen to the podcasts. I am so bummed bcz everything else about the case is great. I guess I will have to sell mine and go back to being caseless if I want to listen to podcasts. :(
Edit to add my field test shows no cell signal degradation.

Last edited:

Sheldonsmith

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Looks like a great knock off case. From the picts, it looks hard to discern from the iPhone 4 Vapor Pro.

FWIW, I have no bluetooth reception issues (used to connect to my automobile's sound system) with the original Sector 5 case on my iPhone 5. Maybe the extra insulators or the less aluminium on the Sector 5 makes a difference:confused:

john91

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2011
Fountain Valley, CA
Bought this from An Ali-express vendor for 20 bucks so this is definitely worth the price. I was very impressed by the quality. I have another case coming in the mail that is the vapor 4 style case and ill post on here as well. Also, not seeing any signal loss or WiFi degradation. Came with the backplate as well. great deal!

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

C967D962-2E4D-4517-B0C4-1AF878BD3868-207-00000005C267601D.jpg

Last edited:

stanlehh

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
Hey guys,

Just wondering for those who has the vapor pro black ops, does yours have very tiny gaps along the both sides of the phone?

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Hey guys,

Just wondering for those who has the vapor pro black ops, does yours have very tiny gaps along the both sides of the phone?

Not really. The left edge isn't flawless because the pad on that side pushes out very slightly, and there are slight gaps on the button cutout for the volume buttons, but I think it's supposed to be that way, as it's straight.

stanlehh

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
Not really. The left edge isn't flawless because the pad on that side pushes out very slightly, and there are slight gaps on the button cutout for the volume buttons, but I think it's supposed to be that way, as it's straight.

I'm actually able to use some force/pressure to press the case while the phone's in it and it will have a better fit, but I need to bend the both seperate pieces of the case it seems. So I was wondering if you had this issue as well.

dokindo

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2009
Reception issues

I ordered this case about 2 weeks ago and received it yesterday.

While it fits perfectly and looks great, unfortunately there are reception issues which I didn't want to admit until today when I noted they were more extensive.

First, in my home the wifi signal drops off but is still usable without the case about 4 rooms from the router. With the vapor case, I could not connect to wifi in the same spot. Move 3 feet closer and it would work. Easily reproducible.

Second, in a restaurant today, with "3 bars" LTE very slow with case on, not usable in fact.. Remove case, still slow, but usable.

I didn't apply the sticker on the back, but I assume that wouldn't matter. There are small pads on the inner lining which I think are to avoid scuffing.

I didn't want to believe this, since I like the look and feel. Still won't spend $150 on an authentic though.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Odd. As shown above I had zero signal impact. Field test showed no change with the case on vs off.

Have you tested with the iPhone field test to see real impact?

I drove with GPS today as well and no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.