Verizon 2GB Single Line Promo?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kermie, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Kermie macrumors newbie

For Verizon's promo for the 2GB single line plan for $60 unlimited talk/text/2GB data, would that be the total charge for the month or do they also charge a monthly smartphone fee on top of that?

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

The charge the smartphone line fee. Actually my plan was $50 while configuring my plan (not sure why) and I thought that was the total until I got to the final screen. Showed an additional $40 for the line fee. My plan is $90/month Unlimited Talk/Text 2GB data (really 3GB due to bonus 1GB for 24 months).

3. Kermie thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I thought. I'm on an unlimited data plan for over $100/month and was looking to hopefully make cheaper monthly service payments but it looks like there's really no way to decrease that amount. Might as well go with the 6 GB Max plan at this point as that's $89.99.

4. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I have the 2GB single line plan. It's just the $60 plus state/federal taxes. I tried to order the iPhone 6 via Verizon's website but it kept forcing me to add data to my plan. Verizon told me that if I wanted to order online just to change the data and and the call them back and have them fix newly added data. They'll be able to see that you were on the new single line plan and change it back without any issues.

5. Mindbender14 macrumors regular

It's just the $60 a month. Not sure what the first poster has. No line fee. It's probably the best deal out there right now with good coverage.

ETA: the other poster probably has the more everything plan.

6. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I do have the More Everything plan. This is my first Verizon phone. What's the difference of what you have that's just $60? I would rather pay that. :)

7. Kermie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all of the replies! I don't really want to give up unlimited but since I have WiFi at home/work where I spend 90% of my time, I don't really need it, plus I'd like to cut my monthly payment down so this $60 plan looks to be a good fit.

8. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Same here everything, except I just went ahead and pushed my order through online with the added data charge. I figured I'd call back and change it later but my account went back automatically.

9. Mindbender14 macrumors regular

I have (or will have) the Verizon Single Line plan. You have one phone line and 2GB of data. The data is not shareable with any other devices. $60 for the month. It is a promotional plan which runs till Sept. 30th.

10. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Oh, I didn't see that offer. All they had when I preordered was the More Everything plan. I didn't want to spend that much money. Well I guess I change my plan during a preorder (if that's possible) I'll lose order position. Mine is set to ship October 10th. Don't want to push it back further. I'll contact customer service today and see if I can get that plan after the promo. Thanks for that.

11. erikjc macrumors member

Just change your plan after you get the phone, either at a Verizon store or online.

12. Mindbender14 macrumors regular

Yea, they didn't have it online. I was searching for it at 3am. :mad: I called and made my preorder.

Someone suggested that since they make more money from the More Everything plan the Single Line plan is soft pedaled. :confused:

13. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Normally I would but Mindbender14 said the promo is until Sept 30th. I won't get my phone delivered until October 10th. You know how these cell phone companies are. They will try and pretend the system will not allow them to offer it after the promo ends. I'll call them today and see what they can do.

OP, sorry. I didn't mean to make this thread about me. :eek:

14. wxman2003 Suspended

I switched from unlimited to the $60 plan after I purchased the 6 Plus before it even arrives. Called them and they switched me. I had unlimited, but rarely hit 2GB. Each GB over is an additional $15 a month. SO even if I hit 4GB a month, I would break even with previous plan. This plan is only good for one year, so you will have to switch to something else or go to a different carrier. My guess is next year, they will have another similar offer when the next iPhone model comes out. If not, I'm sure there will be other carriers offering good plans. Heck, you can go to consumer cellular and get a similar deal for that price (2.5GB) and it uses AT&T LTE network.

15. Derek87 macrumors 6502

is it really only good for 1 year? what does it revert to (without knowing what next year's offering would be)? 1 gb of data? (1gb was what the plan was prior to last month, and it was $75 for 2gb)

i don't see anywhere on the verizon website listing that it was only a limited time offering for a 2 year contract...

16. Kermie thread starter macrumors newbie

If I sign a new two-year contract with this promo, wouldn't this pricing continue throughout the whole contract? Isn't that the point of having one?

17. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

Nowhere does it say good for one year. Once you have, you have until you change your plan.

18. wxman2003 Suspended

That is what the rep told me. Take it for what it's worth. Most of the time the reps are wrong.

19. khedden macrumors member

I switched my wife to this single-line plan a couple months ago.

Now, I pre-ordered an iPhone 6 (new line) for myself and couldn't find the plan on either Verizon's or Apple's pre-order sites. So I called the local Verizon store and told them I wanted to pre-order an iPhone 6 with the same plan that my wife had.

They set it up for me in about 5 minutes.

It's a much better deal than MORE Anything, even if you put multiple lines on it.

So... if it were only good for a year, what are they going to do? Let me out of my contract? lol

I suspect I'll be on this plan until I switch to something else.

20. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

Exactly. :)

21. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Hi, I'm calling Verizon right now about that $60 plan with 2GB data. Does this plan have unlimited talk and text?

22. khedden macrumors member

Yes it does.

The plan is no secret they have a giant page about it here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/landingpages/single-line-data-plan/

But they certainly don't go out of their way to make it easy to sign up for. You have to call.

23. Mindbender14 macrumors regular

Yes.

24. puma1552 macrumors 601

I too preordered a phone as a new VZW customer and was pissed the $60 plan wasn't an option, so I too am stuck holding the bag and having to call them to switch it. I asked if the Verizon rep on the online chat could just fill the order for me with the right plan, but he said he couldn't and that I should just pick any share everything plan and change it after the phone arrives, but before I activate it.

The part I can't figure out though, is when do I ACTUALLY need to do the change? Can I do it now before the phone arrives, after it arrives but before I activate it, or do I have to do it after I activate it?

I would think that it would make the most sense to do it before the phone is activated so the right plan is set in place as soon as the clock starts ticking.

25. puma1552 macrumors 601

What did they tell you?