Verizon 3G or AT&T 3G

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Fearsys, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Fearsys macrumors member

I just fund out that i get 18% off of data plans from at&t and 8% from verizon. I have always been a verizon cell phone carrier and never been with at&t. There is a at&t and verizon tower in my town so service isn't an issue locally. I do travel from ohio to iowa a few times a year and have not a problem with verizon service. Not sure how at&t would be.

Which provider would you choose and why?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I will choose AT&T. I have 4 phones and a Xoom with Verizon, and that $35 activation fee has left a very sour taste in my mouth. :mad:

3. Cathode macrumors regular

Cathode

Well, as long as AT&T has good coverage in your area I would jump for that. That discount of yours makes it even more attactive. AT&T is much faster when compairing 3G speeds.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

AT&T is the fastest network in my area. Not sure whats up with some Verizon users not accessing data. Plus, it seems the GSM model would have better resale.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I would choose the provider that first had the best coverage in my area and then offered me the best deal.

So far after trying both VZW and AT&T, I've decided to go with AT&T myself. Where I live the coverage is near equal, so that leaves which one has the best economic benefit and that its AT&T.

6. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Like everyone else said. Go based on coverage. I'd love to go with AT&T but they don't have 3G where I live and Verizon does.

7. Fearsys thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. The verizon tower is outside my front door and the at&t is about 2 miles away. After these replies and some research on the google machine, i will probably go with at&t since i will be traveling to germany next year and resale will be better if i ever sell it.