Verizon Activation Fee

Discussion in 'iPad' started by H335, Mar 9, 2011.

1. H335 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys:

Is it true Verizon will have an activation fee??
    Att there is no activation fee...

Verizon is more reliable with coverage but ATT is faster..
    I want Verizon but not with an activation fee!!
    Does anyone know?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

As of now it appears that Verizon will have an Activation fee of $35... However, it is not 100% certain.

3. mwjd299 macrumors regular

4. eff pc macrumors regular

No activation fee?

An ATD article today says Verizon has no plans to have an activation fee but this is the first time I have seen someone say it definitely won't. Since the article was posted today after the pricing was officially announced and all the press releases I am tempted to believe it and get the Verizon iPad but it's still risky. It seems everyone else just speculates there will be one because everything else on Verizon requires one so far. Post what you think because I am really stuck on this. I have Verizon 3G in my area but AT&T is still on Edge only (sucks having an AT&T iPhone). I really want a 3G iPad but Verizon is basically my only option so if there is a fee WiFi iPad it is. Here is the link:

http://mobilized.allthingsd.com/20110310/att-confirms-pricing-plans-for-ipad-2-iphone-hotspot/

5. doyouloveit? macrumors member

Just called Verizon customer service to double-check the activation fee. The guy said anytime the customer starts the 3G service they will be charged the activation fee of $35. I was planning on going with Verizon, but I guess will go with AT&T.

6. eff pc macrumors regular

Not saying you are wrong, but I got the sense that the Verizon reps really don't know anything about the iPad 2 release nor do they really care. The guy I spoke with didn't even try to look up information about the iPad 2 billing. This is such a tough decision.

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Well, in a few days we'll know one way or the other. It's a bad sign that 1 day prior to launch no one can get a clear answer about this. If the activation fees stand--yikes. Good thing Apple did away with the restocking fee--there will be a lot of Verizon iPad returns. The refurb store will be full of them in a week. lol