batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA
I'm not Verizon but ATT - I ordered at 0730 on the 18th with a Oct 5-12th date. My model (40 MM series 6 SS Gold) isn't available in any store so I think they are waiting for a shipment from Apple. In the past all my ATT watch orders were fulfilled out of Texas so I suspect ATT is waiting on a shipment from Apple and will then ship out to customers. Verizon is probably similar....

Reactions: tommyboy9996

DragonPrime120

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Ordered my 44mm Graphite SS with Milanese Friday at 8am, paid the taxes and upgrade fee with my PayPal account and everything went through fine. Then yesterday I got an email saying my payment failed and that I need to update my payment info, but the link doesn't let me do anything and just says "Unable to process your request." After calling, the rep wanted me to cancel the order and try again, but the specific watch I ordered is completely out of stock. So after waiting a bit he told me that everything is fine and they will email me on the 28th when the item is in stock, and that the payment failure email was a mistake. But as soon as I got off of the phone with the rep, I got an automated call saying I needed to update the payment info. So I've been all over the place trying to "fix" this, even though my order status doesn't mention anything wrong and my bank has been authorized for the taxes via PayPal.

Is anyone else having this issue?

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
Ordered my 44mm Graphite SS with Milanese Friday at 8am, paid the taxes and upgrade fee with my PayPal account and everything went through fine. Then yesterday I got an email saying my payment failed and that I need to update my payment info, but the link doesn't let me do anything and just says "Unable to process your request." After calling, the rep wanted me to cancel the order and try again, but the specific watch I ordered is completely out of stock. So after waiting a bit he told me that everything is fine and they will email me on the 28th when the item is in stock, and that the payment failure email was a mistake. But as soon as I got off of the phone with the rep, I got an automated call saying I needed to update the payment info. So I've been all over the place trying to "fix" this, even though my order status doesn't mention anything wrong and my bank has been authorized for the taxes via PayPal.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Oh man, I’m sorry to hear that, hopefully that rep got you taken care of. Have you called back again and talked to another rep? That stinks I did check that exact setup you ordered and I saw it was completely unavailable now. That’s actually the exact setup I got. When I ordered it stated “ship by 9/28”, so I’m assuming the rep has some inside knowledge they will have them on hand on that date. Hopefully they ship sooner, I was hoping to have it by the 9/28 date. Keep us updated, good luck.

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
Ordered 44 stainless gold with Milanese loop. Ship by 10/26. Hopefully sooner
That new gold finish looks pretty nice, I was eyeing it up. I currently have the SB SS AW5, I just love how the screen flows into the SB bezels. I figured the graphite looked pretty close and wanted to give that a shot this time, maybe gold for the AW7 lol. My wife will be getting my AW5, her first Apple Watch 👍.

darksoul78644

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2017
That new gold finish looks pretty nice, I was eyeing it up. I currently have the SB SS AW5, I just love how the screen flows into the SB bezels. I figured the graphite looked pretty close and wanted to give that a shot this time, maybe gold for the AW7 lol. My wife will be getting my AW5, her first Apple Watch 👍.
Did u have any problems with the Milanese loop scratching the band or are people just not good with their stuff.

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
Did u have any problems with the Milanese loop scratching the band or are people just not good with their stuff.

I’ve had the SB Milanese for a year now, never have I had it scratch my SS watch. Albeit I don’t wear it every day but I’ve worn it quite a bit. I’ve just been careful putting it on and taking it off. I didn’t like it at first but came to love it. Just be mindful when you take off the watch with the Milanese band on, don’t place it on itself on the table or in your pocket. If you take it off I recommend taking the band off the watch to be safe.

On a side note, I wonder if my SB band will look good on my new graphite AW? I’ll have two Milanese bands now.

DragonPrime120

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Oh man, I’m sorry to hear that, hopefully that rep got you taken care of. Have you called back again and talked to another rep? That stinks I did check that exact setup you ordered and I saw it was completely unavailable now. That’s actually the exact setup I got. When I ordered it stated “ship by 9/28”, so I’m assuming the rep has some inside knowledge they will have them on hand on that date. Hopefully they ship sooner, I was hoping to have it by the 9/28 date. Keep us updated, good luck.

I plan on calling here in a bit, hopefully talking to another rep will help confirm the email was sent in error. And mine is also set for the 9/28 date, so fingers crossed that's accurate! The rep made it sound like they hadn't actually received the watches yet, so perhaps 9/28 is the day they expect them to arrive/ship out.

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
I plan on calling here in a bit, hopefully talking to another rep will help confirm the email was sent in error. And mine is also set for the 9/28 date, so fingers crossed that's accurate! The rep made it sound like they hadn't actually received the watches yet, so perhaps 9/28 is the day they expect them to arrive/ship out.

Good luck! Yeah I’ve been stalking the Verizon app several times a day for any movement lol. Usually if the cancel option is gone for your order it’s about to start moving.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.