Verizon Business customers get activated?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mcvaughan, Sep 26, 2017.

1. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

My company is on unlimited plan but they want to change the plan? Wtf?

2. HeathH macrumors regular

I would be interested to hear how this works out. I’m on a company phone and a Verizon business plan (Custom Business 10 GB). I would have already ordered if I was sure I could activate the LTE. Would be great if Verizon would not charge the $10 extra on business accounts. I’m sure my company won’t approve the additional cost.

3. mcvaughan thread starter macrumors 6502a

My rep just sent an email saying that they're received the request to add my Watch to the account, and should hear back by the end of the day.

I'll keep everyone updated on my results.

4. Minarets macrumors 6502a

I’m on Att but on business account as well and know my company won’t approve. Wish I could tag it my personal account (for wife and kids phones) buy use it with my phone number.

5. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

My exact situation. I haven't even asked megacorp about it yet. I will eventually, when all the kinks get worked out; but I'm not optimistic (despite my being responsible for vendor contracts).

6. tasset macrumors 6502a

If they get it to where NumberShare using the same account is a convenience to the customer rather than a requirement, then I would hope it will technically work. I understand AT&T with their NumberSync has a web registration with the phone number for that service. If only Verizon did similar to divorce the account from the feature.

7. dave006 Contributor

dave006

I think you got some bad information on using AT&T with NumberSync for Apple Watch(GPS & Cellular), hey that's what they call it.

You are still are required to have the iPhone and the LTE watch on the same post-paid account. You have to log in to the account to use the feature.

The issue is not NumberSync or NumberShare, it is the way all the carriers are setup.

Dave

8. mdburch macrumors newbie

Any update?

9. mcvaughan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, got mine activated on Friday. My rep had to temporarily move my phone to a sub plan, which would allow activation of the watch. Once activated, he moved my phone back over to the main plan, leaving the watch on the sub plan. Good luck!

10. mdburch macrumors newbie

Thanks for sharing this information. Will try the same approach with our account!

11. HeathH macrumors regular

Just got off phone with Verizon. I was told that there was no options for the account type our business is on. Bummer.

I asked about the sub plan, was told "probably" wouldn't work. Plus I would have to involve our IT staff, so that won't happen.

12. mcvaughan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I am IT for my company, as well as an account manager for Verizon account.

13. HeathH macrumors regular

You would know more than most then. Is there any hope or you have any tips on good "buzz" words for our IT department?

Or do we need to just wait and see if Verizon changes anything.

14. mcvaughan thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, unfortunately.

Bring IT some donuts? :)

15. HeathH macrumors regular

Ha, thanks, worth a shot. Unfortunately I am hundreds of miles from our IT department.

16. tasset macrumors 6502a

I contacted Verizon tech support regarding our business plan and was lucky enough to talk to someone knowledgeable. Basically all enterprise-level business plans (greater than 15-20 lines or so) the NumberShare feature is not an option, and if it were to be at some point then adding an additional line (as does the AppleWatch in a quasi fashion), you would need inroads with your IT dept.
    So I have given up on Verizon AppleWatch at this point. Instead I took advantage of Sprint (barf) free year of service on a BYOD line, and now am preparing to add my Watch to it. I will still get all my email and iMessage notifications, and I suppose can forward calls from my work Verizon number to it. Maybe Apple will see the light in a year and make AppleWatch standalone like the iPad data plan and will be able to choose carriers freely.

17. HeathH macrumors regular

Yup, bummer for sure. My company has thousands of lines. I was hoping that somehow they would allow service on the watch included on these large accounts. Looks like this is a deal killer for many people. No way I would get another personal line and another phone just for the Apple Watch.

18. tasset macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't have either, had I not already had an iPhoneSE that Sprint paid me to take off their hands, net-net:D so I figure I may as well take them up on free service til next September as well. We'll have to see what WatchOS 5 holds for cellular.

19. cforster macrumors 6502

Same for me,no go on activating Watch on our account. Extremely disappointed.

20. HeathH macrumors regular

Any chance you could give us a heads up if something changes? I actually forget that there are people in IT that might want an Apple Watch with LTE as well!

21. HeathH macrumors regular

I followed up with our IT department. Worse news, it looks like Verizon hasn't mentioned anything about changing the NumberShare availability on the corporate accounts. Worse yet, my company indicated that even if they did, still can't add since we don't have a Bring Your Own Device policy.

Apparently, I was the only person in 4000+ employees to ask about it.

22. HeathH, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017

HeathH macrumors regular

I just saw on Verizon's forums that NumberShare is now available on business plans as of October 15. Anyone have any luck yet?

UPDATE: Looks like that was a false alarm and NumberShare still not available on corporate accounts.

23. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

I work for one of the largest IT companies in the world and my company provides me with free mobile service. I never see a bill (which is great). I contacted our wireless department about adding an Apple Watch and offering to pay the extra cost myself. Of course the answer was - we have no process in place to support that option. Unfortunately since the cellular service needs to be tied to the mobile account Apple and the carrier's have left most corporate mobile users (like me) out in the cold with no option to use a cellular Apple Watch. So for now I am limited to sticking with the non-cellular versions of the watch. Big companies move very slowly and it will be quite some time (if ever) before they might even consider allowing employees to add-on extra features (like a watch) to a company wireless plan.

24. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

I am in the exact same boat, so I am sticking with my Series 2 for the time being.

25. HeathH macrumors regular

Anyone have any luck with this yet? As far as I can tell Verizon has not implemented support for NumberShare on corporate accounts yet.