Verizon Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by InsanelyApple, Feb 3, 2011.

1. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

I cannot upgrade my phone until March 26 unless I use my early upgrade which costs a pretty penny. I am wondering if any of you guys have any idea when Verizon is getting rid of the unlimited data plan. I need that data plan. I will upgrade early if they will cancel it before March 26, but I don't want to upgrade until March 26 if they keep it.

Do you guys even have the slightest guess?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No one knows for sure when Verizon will get rid of the unlimited data plan. My best guess is that they will eliminate it by the time the next version of the iPhone is released. If it is that important to you, bite the bullet and upgrade now.

3. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

Why don't you just sign up for the unlimited data plan now and upgrade you phone when your upgrade is available? Of course, by doing this you will be paying more for data and it wouldn't make sense if you're using a dumb phone.

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

They are getting rid of it on March 25th :rolleyes:

They will probably (I'm guessing) do what ATT did and get rid of it when the iPhone 5 comes out in June. So any new customers or customers that did not have an iPhone 4 with unlimited could only get the iPhone 5 with a capped plan. But who know they might just keep the unlimited plan around.

5. ScKcBc macrumors regular

I love how how everyone drops "iphone 5" like its a certainty. Do you remember the 3g? Then the 3gs? You think they're gonna come out with an entirely new phone and call it the iphone 5?

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No we don't have a slight clue, but if you so badly want the all-you-can-eat data plan, then get the device now.

7. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

5 = 5th Generation, Einstein.

8. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

I know before like when I had verizons aircard I had an unlimted data plan it was awesome.. they recently in the past year stopped that program and it was offered in different plans with caps.. I was able to keep it on my new device. If you get it now possibly you could keep it if they end up tiering the data.. either way I would review your account for the past year and figure out the average use ..