Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Yes it is. Now debating if I should give up unlimited for this plan. The highest I've ever used was 30gb while on vacation.

AK10R

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Fairbanks, Alaska
Better deal for a lot than ATT…. starting with 12 GB plan, not 15 like ATT.

Also I saw that VZW was giving a 1GB bonus per line for 24 months on their Edge plan…….

zzoomp09

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
nordern nu joizee
Better deal for a lot than ATT…. starting with 12 GB plan, not 15 like ATT.

Also I saw that VZW was giving a 1GB bonus per line for 24 months on their Edge plan…….

That expired yesterday, unless they've extended it. I'm now going to switch bec of this. All in all, 30GB plan is just be $20 more than my TMo service per month. Worth the switch since all my 3 lines highest usage was 12GB in total. The signal reliability for that amount is worth the switch.

Rangomango

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
Nice, does anyone know if once we sign up for this promo is it only for like a year or permanent?

What if a better promo comes in the future, is verizon usually pretty willing to give you that?

Debating dropping my UDP as well...

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Nice, does anyone know if once we sign up for this promo is it only for like a year or permanent?

What if a better promo comes in the future, is verizon usually pretty willing to give you that?

Debating dropping my UDP as well...

This... If we just lose it after our contracts then no thanks.. I want to be able to keep this if I drop UDP for it.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
This... If we just lose it after our contracts then no thanks.. I want to be able to keep this if I drop UDP for it.

I agree. The move from unlimited is only worth it if you can keep it forever.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Question, does Verizon still offer BYOD/no contract discounts (new signup)? Also, aside from EDGE and an introductory 0% APR credit card, what options do I have for 0% interest financing on 4x iPhones (6-12 months)? We currently have 4 iPhones on AT&T 10GB postpaid and 3 iPads on individual Verizon month-to-month plans and I'd like to consolidate them all on a 30-40GB plan promo. However, we don't need to upgrade phones frequently so I'd like to make sure I can "grandfather-in" to BYOD discounts.

This part is of particular concern to me:
ADDITIONAL PLAN INFORMATION for MORE Everything, Nationwide and MORE Everything Data-Only Plans

Minimum Contract Term
Each line requires a month-to-month or two-year contract.

Activation/Upgrade Fees
Activation Fee: $35 per line.
Upgrade Fee: $30 per device when upgrading to a new device.

Early Termination Fees
The early termination fee is up to $175, or up to $350 if your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device (e.g., a smartphone or netbook).

If you’re activating a Data-Only Plan or you’re on a month-to-month term, you are not eligible for monthly access fee discounts.

Last edited:

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
What that means is, VZW essentially caved after the letter that the Feds sent them essentially demanding to know why they were going to throttle the heaviest network users who consume around 5GB or less of data, but not those who have the mobile share plans and use 10, 20, 30GB of data.

It's BS no matter how you cut it, and I told the lady that I talked to today when I called in to ask about the double data deal. I said it's kinda F'd up that you guys are ok charging someone 150.00 for 20 GB (40 after the double data promo), but customers who pay 30.00 for unlimited (and DON'T abuse it -- I use 11-25 GB a month), get optimized. She tried to give me some smoke and mirrors excuse -- anyhow I'm glad they announced this before I took the plunge and changed to the double data deal. I don't care about, want, or even need unlimited minutes, as I come nowhere near using the 2000 I already have with Friends & Family and Mobile to Mobile so I'm glad they backed down. (Not that they likely had a choice).

Rangomango

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
I agree. The move from unlimited is only worth it if you can keep it forever.

So I talked to verizon.

You basically keep the plan until you upgrade next.

For new customers this means 2 years. For existing, it depends when your upgrade is.Can be as low as 2 months. So when you are choosing a new data plan, it will default you to the closest available to the existing plan.

Seems like a gamble to enroll if you are unlimited.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
So I talked to verizon.

For new customers this means 2 years. For existing, it depends when your upgrade is.Can be as low as 2 months. So when you are choosing a new data plan, it will default you to the closest available to the existing plan.

I'll pass. I'll just stick to my unlimited data plan and purchasing at full retail.

brent1977

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
So I talked to verizon.

If the person you spoke with is correct, then the AT&T offer is better. You keep it until you change to a different plan/data amount.

Also, am I reading correctly that BYOD doesn't get the $25/line/month discount? Only Edge? My plan with AT&T right now gives the $25/line/month discount as long as it's not a subsidized contract.

Don't think I'll switch since coverage is about equal for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.