Verizon employee lied to my friend. :/

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHalo, Jul 14, 2010.

1. iHalo macrumors regular

She wanted to get the Droid X tomorrow and she went into the Verizon store earlier today. We got lunch and the Verizon employee told her that the Droid X has a better screen resolution, better android apps, does HD video unlike the iPhone 4, and is cheaper.

Why do they lie? oO

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Its called marketing and sales. Nothing new here.

3. MagnusF macrumors regular

The employee has been living in a cave and was talking about the new 3Gs :p

4. BadMoon macrumors 6502

What do you expect them to say? No the Droid isn't as good as an iPhone? LOL! They have to stand by their product.

5. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I used to work for Verizon, and I can tell you the sales people will say whatever it takes to get you to buy the phone & service. People would always call into customer service saying they were told they were going to be paying a certain amount and got their bill for significantly more or that they were told their phone or service would do something that it wouldn't. Part of the problem is that most of the sales are through authorized retailers and Verizon doesn't really try to hard to control the integrity of these people as well as their own sales people. It's kind of ironic that they use the latin word for truth to form their name.

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Vermin crawls...then after the sale, he probably takes out his iPhone 4 and calls his boss to tell him about the sale he just made!

7. auero macrumors 65816

That's not fair to lie but it is still a great phone. If I was on verizon, I'd get it. Some people don't have the option of switching carriers.

8. advres Guest

advres

Anyone who walks into a store to purchase a smart phone without knowing exactly what that devise is, through and through, deserves to be lied to.

9. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

2+
    One cannot be taken advantage of unless they allow it. Do your homework before yuu go for the hands-on test drive.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Because just like most salesman they care about making money than helping the customer so they will bs them and do anything to get a sale.

Well said.
    Do your homework before and never depend on a sales associates word.

11. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Because maybe it's a better device for the rep. I use to sell phones (T-Mobile) like that because to be honest. . some customers are stupid.
    If you compare a phone to the top and bash the top phone people will believe you and that's our jobs as a sales rep (Sell at any cost, customer service will handle the rest lol jk).

He didn't lie. . . he just didn't tell the truth :p

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sounds like you forgot the tired old joke.

How do you know when a salesman is lying? His lips are moving.

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So, what...when you sell phones anywhere they remove your ability to even recognize lies? It sticks with you even after you quit? Scary stuff.

14. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Nobody "deserves" to be lied to... jus sayin
    And part of doing your homework should be talking to the carrier

That said... it shouldn't be the ONLY source of information

No, they shouldn't lie... but they are often uninformed themselves and spout what they have been told to say

Different phones and features (and carriers) for different folks

15. advres Guest

advres

come-on... quit takin' all the fun out of it! :D

16. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Guess what? they make the most commission on the Droid (X) doesn't matter it is one of the worst phones sold by Verizon.

I've complained to Verizon myself as a sales rep did not let me exchange my phone within the 30 day period.

17. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Talking to the carrier = Looking at their website

Yes, that's useful. But I can think of NO reason to talk to a salesperson in a store before you make a decision. They should help you buy the phone you've already picked. Nothing more.

18. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

+1000:D

19. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

My friends picking one up tomorrow.. can't wait to compare my i4 with his..

20. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

That's the way WE (Tech Heads) think. Lol I already know what I want when I walk in, I don't want your suggestions just give me this

BUT technically something good for me may not be good for you. So the rep probably prefer the Driod X screen. . . making it better in his opinion.

At the end of the transaction you should feel like you picked the right phone and the salesperson just took your order. If you feel otherwise, then it's honestly your fault. And i'm not talking about an elderly person I'm talking about middle-aged (55) america and below.

21. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I got a Verizon MiFi a few months back because I needed good coverage with 3G in rural Kansas, and I will admit to Verizon having superb coverage in that scenario. However, from the moment I walked into the store I was lied to about everything under the sun, not to mention the crap I got for having an iPhone, when I said "I could get a MiFi, or walk out, porting over to Verizon and getting a second line with a Droid is not an option," they shut up. Needless to say, I have been on the phone once a month with billing issues, lies, followed by lies. Now I am not saying AT&T has halo's over their heads, but I have never been so flat out lied to the way I have consistently been with Verizon. "Your first bill will be around $60" Yeah, my first bill was around $135. Thanks for that.

In conclusion, yeah, they will lie lie lie to get you to buy their product, its why I could never been in that line of work, I can't lie to people about things like that.

22. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

OMG, a cellphone salesperson lied!!! :eek:

Seriously, they do stupid crap for commission, many of them are good but many others are worse than used car salesmen. Do the research before you commit to a contract and a phone.

23. pugnut macrumors 6502a

They all have their share of dopes

Nothing like the AT&T employee telling me that how the micro cell works, specifically how I need to position it so it can get satellite signal. When I pressed the issue she said, and I quote "you do know that the cell phones use satellite's"

24. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

Verizon customer service sucks! My friends have been phoneless for a month because their ****** LG env wouldn't last 2 years. Now they want to get in on the original droid b1g1f offer and they won't let them. So now their going to pay full price for a phone thats going to be outdated in a month.

25. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

LOL, silly rep... everyone knows Micro Cells only work if you own a Microwave at your place. :p