Verizon employees are funny

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TeamDNA, Jun 30, 2010.

1. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

My Friend just move from Pa to AZ where he got a job at verizon(which he hates) he used to work for ATT in pa.

well he says they have weekly meetings and talk about what to tell customers why the droid is better than the iphone..

he said they are told to say driod has more apps(which is complete BS)

To tell them the iphone only has a VGA resolution camera

and other untrue things..

its funny that they blantly lie ..

2. satirev macrumors 6502

Umm...both of those things are actually true??? :confused:

3. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

Your avg consumer won't know the benefits of comparing product a to product b when going into a store to replace old n busted crappy product c.

It's sad but true, a well educated consumer has already made up his/her mind what they want before they gets to a store.

4. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

Um... no?

The camera is a 5mp camera and the App store has like 3-4 times the number of apps in the android marketplace.

5. TeamDNA thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah market place has like 48,000 apps and iphone appstore has 240,000 BIG difference buddy..

and the iphones front camera isVGA and the back is 5mp autofocus

6. infowarfare macrumors 6502

Seriously satirev!?

Droid apps=30,000+
    iPhone apps=250,000+

iPhone front camera is VGA, rear camera 720P HD.

Edit: Looks like others beat me to the answer.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's a lot more than that!

The iPhone camera is a 5 MP camera. Saying something is 720p HD video is about the same as calling it a 0.9 MP camera.

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Why do you care so much what Verizon employees are told to say about the iPhone? Buy the phone you want.

9. TeamDNA thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont, I am bored before work and thought i would share it.. Why are YOU getting so defensive ? androidboy are ya ? I always buy iphones.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

We live in a world were people are only honest if someone's watching. They'll attempt to steal from you any chance they get. Corporations, not being human, find this even easier to do than an individual would.

None of this is new, and we're ceratinly not going to change the world with this post, but still, "why do you care?" is kind of a sad resignation, I think.

11. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm not resigned. I just think that Apple should worry about how their products are perceived -- not me.

12. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

No one is asking you to worry about it. They're stating the simple fact that it sucks that Verizon would lie to win over customers that don't know any better. Why are you challenging this? It's a no-brainer.

13. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

friend of mine went into a VZW and asked if they knew if the iPhone would ever come over to VZW, the freakin girl shouted at her, "How should I know huh??????" and walked away w/o continuing to assist her :D wow...

Also when i pulled out my i4 in the VZW store a sales kid actually told me to stop showing off and that its rude to do that. "Would you walk into a Burger King and bring McDonalds? Use some common sense..."

ok WTF is that even supposed to mean. come on

14. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

I love the Burger King whopper and I love the McDonald's Ice teas so yes I have walked into a Mickey D's with a Whopper and eat it there for the free wifi. They want my money they will let me bring in what I want to eat.

15. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

To be fair, no verizon, sprint, or t-mobile (usa) employee (sales rep) will ever really have information pertaining to an unreleased apple product. Not even AT&T knows of any upcoming product, Apple is super-secretive and will always be that way.

and secondly the sales kids who said it was rude to whip you iP4ne out clearly had no reason to do so, people are free to make comparisons between products. Heck, if a vzw product seemed better to a customer after comparison, that's a sale for verizon

16. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You would think they would be taking advantage of the situation and focusing on the antenna issues. :)

17. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

and there we go. Maintaining every MR thread to contain a mention of the antenna issue.

18. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Funny. I stopped by the Apple store in the mall today.... it was totally mobbed. Then passed by the Verizon store.... not a soul in the store.

19. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

What did you expect? iPhone just was released while Verizon hasn't launched a new big phone lately.

20. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I'm so glad I switched from Verizon to ATT, I just dont like Verizon and their employees.

21. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Really don't care about employees as I don't have much history of dealing with them. I buy phone and set up autopay.

I focus on the coverage.

Also give AT&T some time.......I'm sure you will learn to love them as much as Verizon ;)

22. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Exactly. Wait until July 15. I bet there will be 9 or 10 people in every VZW store upgrading to the X. :D

23. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

This simple concept is too difficult for many people to grasp. It's all about being better than the other guy, remember? Sheesh.

;)

24. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

No not because of that, its because everytime I walk in the store they try so hard to sell me something, even though I dont need anything, they'll try to sell me at least a case or try to tell me I can upgrade my phone now, I know that it's their jobs to do that, but if a customer doesn't need anything they should leave them alone, some people just come to walk around and check out the phones, they don't need an employee coming every minute bugging them about buying something.

25. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Come January, they won't have to worry about down-talking the iPhone anymore.