Verizon finally reacts to T-Mobile/AT&T Pressure

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple Trees, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Apple Trees macrumors 6502

2. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

They better do better than that to keep their customers - twitter has a lot of Verizon customers questioning their bills and services

But a good starting point

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I always hated those activation fees - that was a money making endeavor from the get go. That's nice to see them get waived

----------

Those people should contact VZW so they can be sure their voice is being heard by Verizon.

4. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

More like a money grab.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

This activation fees are like baggage fees. Annoying.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Before they would give you credit to buy a new phone and sign a new line. Now you have to pay $35 to do that.

7. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Their twitter account is responding to the customers, I called yesterday and they had a 15 minute wait, so I hung up. I am sure the calls are coming in....I will sit back and wait.

I would love to keep Verizon but a savings of $50 a month

8. zone23 macrumors 68000

Verizon better believe I've got my eye on AT&T there network is pretty good in my area.

I like Verizon's thinking - Ya we will give those suckers 135$ to sign up a new 2 year contract (lock them in) and it will take us 3 months to get out money back then it pure profit $$$. All my lines are out of contract come 2/15 except my iPad and its up in September so I could just buy it out. Might be switching carriers. Only problem is I don't want to buy 3 or 4 new devices off contract that's some cash.

9. 869639 macrumors 6502

I think voices are more heard on social media than on phone calls, it puts more pressure on a company as it leaves trails for others to see.

----------

2/15 = as in Feb 15? or Feb 2015?

Your iPad if its iPad 3 or higher will work on AT&T 4G [HSPA+]

If you have a iPhone 5 or higher = AT&T 4G [LTE 5C/5S]

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I switched my wife from Verizon and brought my 3 other family members into the new AT&T plan a few days ago. We're ending up saving $2880 every two years compared to what we were all paying before. We don't always upgrade our phones every two years, so we'll save even more overall. Even if we pay out of pocket to upgrade the 4 iPhones and the one flip phone every two years, we'll still come out ahead.

Verizon is going to need to do better than a one time $100 + $35 per line credit.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No argument from me, its ridiculous that there's really no manual labor needed for me to become a customer but I'm charged a fee.

You're right, I concede the point, I see social media working better in this case.

12. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Absolutely. They're just trying it on. I asked them to remove four $36 fees last time - and they did. You have to challenge them - they're laughing if you don't.

13. Prise macrumors regular

Right, from my experience, ATT (assume VZN would be the same) has always waived the $36 activation fees for our lines for new & upgrades.

But, you do have to go through the inconvenience of calling them.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I do, I've had it removed once or so, but not the last time I came back to VZW (coming from ATT)

15. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

That's strange isn't it? It kind-of makes you think they don't want your business. Like they're doing fine and don't really need you.

Even a cheap restaurant gives you some free bread for coming in, but these guys want to charge you just for opening the door.

16. I7guy macrumors G5

Cheap restaurants in my area stopped giving bread.

17. Statelymwhite macrumors regular

I only wish I had Verizon's service coverage once in the past five years, and that was while I was camping, and I shouldn't have been on my phone, anyway.

18. CEmajr macrumors 601

I just got an email from them today offering the $100 credit if I bring my recently ported out iPad line back to them. They're definitely feeling pressure.

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

But unfortunately not doing much about it, at least not much of any real meaning compared to what the other carriers (even AT&T) already did.

20. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Maybe they are testing the waters while they add new plans and add them to the computer system. Heres to hoping.

21. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

22. SC54HI macrumors member

SC54HI

If they also waived the upgrade fee for existing customers, I'd begin to take them seriously.

Till then, I'm out of contract & looking seriously at the other options out there.

23. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I signed up for VZW service on 1/31 and called and they gave me the $100 without any issue. Nice that they are showing some flexibility with it too.

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's definitely good that they didn't try to give you any trouble with it, although since you are still within the 14-day return window, that might have had something to do with it.

25. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk