Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Since this is Macrumors, I feel I can spread a pure rumor I heard yesterday on a train . . .

Someone said that he knows from inside information that on January 20, 2010, the iphone will come to Verizon. He said they'll also announce the Mac Tablet that day. He also said that the combination of those two will significantly drive down data plan rates.

Anyone else heard this Jan 20 date?

rdowty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2008
I don't see any difference in what the analysts have done. Go back and look at all the rumors based on "reliable sources" that didn't pan out.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
That's funny because today on a train I was talking to a guy who knows a guy who's cousin is the CEO of T-Mobile and the iPhone WILL be on T-Mobile tomorrow and T-Mobile USA will start to role out a 3G network supported by the iPhone. How funny..../dripping sarcasm. Just bustin' your balls man. A good rumor is nice to hear but don't take it too seriously and for the love of God please make sure you state explicitly that it is a rumor. I heard Apple laptops were going to be on verizon but I really doubt the iPhone will. Funny how apple is suddently more than willing to put there tablets on verizon but turn there head when people say iphone on verizon....

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
another iPhone on verizon/tablet thread?

we need a rule that says unless u have an article from a reliable source that quotes a CEO or something, don't post cuz there's about a 99% chance it's a hoax

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
another iPhone on verizon/tablet thread?

we need a rule that says unless u have an article from a reliable source that quotes a CEO or something, don't post cuz there's about a 99% chance it's a hoax

Clearly I indicated this was a rumor. If you want facts, go to Macfacts.com. I thought it was interesting since he included a specific date.

Again, A PURE RUMOR, but I just found this fairly recent article that also mentions the Jan 2010 date. Not deinitaive, either. Then again, here's an article about the iphone coming to Verizon on June 30, 2009. Oops.

Looon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
It was me. I like to go onto trains and randomly whisper bogus apple rumors to people around me in the hopes that someone on the internet will believe it.

teeshot

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2009
Flashback

In my flashback when the world stood still, my Verizon iPhone was recalled because it used up all of Verizon's bandwidth with MMS.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Since this is Macrumors, I feel I can spread a pure rumor I heard yesterday on a train . . .

Someone said that he knows from inside information that on January 20, 2010, the iphone will come to Verizon. He said they'll also announce the Mac Tablet that day. He also said that the combination of those two will significantly drive down data plan rates.

I doubt Verizon ever gets the iPhone. I can see it going to T-Mobile first if it goes anywhere just for the fact it is a GSM system.

wowipod

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Queensland
How do the commercials effect this?

Exactly my point. An ad campaign is an ad campaign. Mac ads rip into Microsoft all the time, yet Microsoft still puts their products and licenses their products for apple to use.

Apple probably couldn't care less. They have people locked into contracts all over the world. Someone needs to release an iPhone competitor very close to the next iPhone release date and then maybe they will be worried.

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
Um, I heard my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard it from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw a guy at 31 Flavors last night, and he said Verizon get's iPhone today....

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008

I was told it was November but with the china release it was pushed to late January.
My friends in South East georgia are very excited.

ineedamac

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Um, I heard my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard it from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw a guy at 31 Flavors last night, and he said Verizon get's iPhone today....

that was fantastic. I was thinking the same thing...

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.