Verizon gets iphone and tablet on Jan 20?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattwolfmatt, Oct 31, 2009.

1. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Since this is Macrumors, I feel I can spread a pure rumor I heard yesterday on a train . . .

Someone said that he knows from inside information that on January 20, 2010, the iphone will come to Verizon. He said they'll also announce the Mac Tablet that day. He also said that the combination of those two will significantly drive down data plan rates.

Anyone else heard this Jan 20 date?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I heard Verizon will never get the iPhone. That's from reading numerous threads on here. Also, the latest Verizon commercials aren't helping.

3. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I don't see any difference in what the analysts have done. Go back and look at all the rumors based on "reliable sources" that didn't pan out.

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

That's funny because today on a train I was talking to a guy who knows a guy who's cousin is the CEO of T-Mobile and the iPhone WILL be on T-Mobile tomorrow and T-Mobile USA will start to role out a 3G network supported by the iPhone. How funny..../dripping sarcasm. Just bustin' your balls man. A good rumor is nice to hear but don't take it too seriously and for the love of God please make sure you state explicitly that it is a rumor. I heard Apple laptops were going to be on verizon but I really doubt the iPhone will. Funny how apple is suddently more than willing to put there tablets on verizon but turn there head when people say iphone on verizon....

5. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

another iPhone on verizon/tablet thread?

we need a rule that says unless u have an article from a reliable source that quotes a CEO or something, don't post cuz there's about a 99% chance it's a hoax

6. mattwolfmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Clearly I indicated this was a rumor. If you want facts, go to Macfacts.com. I thought it was interesting since he included a specific date.

Again, A PURE RUMOR, but I just found this fairly recent article that also mentions the Jan 2010 date. Not deinitaive, either. Then again, here's an article about the iphone coming to Verizon on June 30, 2009. Oops.

7. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

it's not even a rumor. it's like one of those 'i know a guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who's cousin heard that...'

8. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

How do the commercials effect this?

9. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

It was me. I like to go onto trains and randomly whisper bogus apple rumors to people around me in the hopes that someone on the internet will believe it.

10. strike1555 macrumors 6502

That's what a rumor is, genius. Well, obviously not a genius ;).

11. teeshot macrumors newbie

Flashback

In my flashback when the world stood still, my Verizon iPhone was recalled because it used up all of Verizon's bandwidth with MMS.

12. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

that's what a rumor to ignore is. a rumor that we should acknowledge is at least from a somewhat credible source

13. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I doubt Verizon ever gets the iPhone. I can see it going to T-Mobile first if it goes anywhere just for the fact it is a GSM system.

14. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Hey, that's my line.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was unable to get Macfacts.com to work. Please help!! :confused:
    :rolleyes:

16. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

17. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

2038* that's when a big asteroid will hit us..... maybe that will be the end...:(

18. wowipod macrumors regular

Exactly my point. An ad campaign is an ad campaign. Mac ads rip into Microsoft all the time, yet Microsoft still puts their products and licenses their products for apple to use.

Apple probably couldn't care less. They have people locked into contracts all over the world. Someone needs to release an iPhone competitor very close to the next iPhone release date and then maybe they will be worried.

19. army91c macrumors 6502a

Um, I heard my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard it from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw a guy at 31 Flavors last night, and he said Verizon get's iPhone today....

20. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I was told it was November but with the china release it was pushed to late January.
    My friends in South East georgia are very excited.

21. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you are planning on adopting something like the iPhone, the best marketing strategy is not to make it look stupid. Otherwise, how else would you sell it after?

22. ineedamac macrumors 6502

that was fantastic. I was thinking the same thing...

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.