Verizon Installment Plan, Monthly Credits, IUP, iPhone X, and Swapping Sim Cards

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mstgkillr, Nov 10, 2017.

1. mstgkillr macrumors regular

About 9 months ago, I purchased an iPhone 7 Plus through a Verizon installment plan when Verizon was offering a $16.24 monthly device credit for 24 months. Unfortunately, I lose the device credit if I payoff the phone or cancel the line.

I preordered an iPhone X through Apple, paid in full, and did NOT swap sim cards before powering it on (automatically activated). Since then, I sold the iPhone 7 Plus to Game Stop for $480 cash and absolutely plan to continue make the original device payments until it is paid off. I would rather just pay the 7 off but I do not want to lose the monthly credits.

Did I mess up by not swapping out the sim card from the 7 Plus to the X before powering on the X? I still have the 7 Plus sim if that would help. The iPhone X is showing up on my Verizon account, so they know I have it.

Do you think I will still receive the monthly credits?

Since I paid for the X in full, will I still have to pay Verizon's upgrade/activation fee?

Looking back at everything, I would have rather went with Apple's IUP program as I upgrade annually. Is there any chance for me to do that now without further complicating my situation or losing monthly credits?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. mstgkillr thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? Please!

I have another phone on my account that is getting the monthly credits that I would like to upgrade as cheaply as possible. Preferably, with IUP.

3. mstgkillr thread starter macrumors regular

4. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

The SIM cards have nothing to do with the actual Verizon account or at least they shouldn’t.

5. CMoore515 macrumors regular

Unsure about iUP, but I do know that you'll have to pay the activation fee at VZW no matter what. They might waive it, but YMMV.

Appears that if you don't activate the new sim, they won't charge the fee. But I'm unsure of that as fact.

VZW iPhone X on iUP: Does it come with a SIM?