Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 15 variant will you be pre-ordering?

• Total voters

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
I found out when I saw the verizon app/website had a big section that read: “Order on hold, fix your payment please.” Then we called Verizon and after going through few representatives, the final rep basically said, “sorry about that. This happens every time a promotion happens.“ In other words they were not prepared for too many people signing up, it overloaded their systems, causing a lot of orders to be on hold/cancelled. It happened to my friend too. View attachment 2280256
View attachment 2280257

See? They had to cancel that order and redo it.
Ugh man that sucks, sorry to see that. Mine just shows upgraded to iPhone 15 Pro Max but I ordered mine on the 19th after all the initial chaos so I should be good, just haven’t gotten a confirmation that the shipping process has started yet for it. I’ll keep my eyes peeled just in case, though. Hopefully some inventory will come in before then, the waiting is the hardest part.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Ugh man that sucks, sorry to see that. Mine just shows upgraded to iPhone 15 Pro Max but I ordered mine on the 19th after all the initial chaos so I should be good, just haven’t gotten a confirmation that the shipping process has started yet for it. I’ll keep my eyes peeled just in case, though. Hopefully some inventory will come in before then, the waiting is the hardest part.
Yep it sucks that I had to be one out of many whose orders were cancelled due to a system error but at least October 13th isn’t that far away! Only two weeks to go! Maybe I’ll get lucky and see my iPhone 15 PM get bumped up to next week but I doubt it.

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
We where not able to exchange the 128GB 15 Pro to the 256GB 15 Pro, cause we are at are credit limit, didn’t know Verizon gave credit limits. Plus we did update 4 of the 5 lines on are account this year. So we are going to get an external hard drive and transfer all his photos from his phone to that. At least my spouse understood and I am no longer in the dog house for preordering the wrong GB size.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
Yep it sucks that I had to be one out of many whose orders were cancelled due to a system error but at least October 13th isn’t that far away! Only two weeks to go! Maybe I’ll get lucky and see my iPhone 15 PM get bumped up to next week but I doubt it.
It will be totally worth it once it’s in your hands! Thankfully I have a 13 pro so I didn’t even really need to upgrade all that badly, but I’ve been wanting a new zoom on the phones for a while now so I had to take the plunge.

wateroperator1776

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Ohio
Ordered 1 black PM and a 1 white pro on sep 17 through Verizon using the $830 trade in for both. Still waiting on shipping confirmation. Estimated delivery has stayed at Oct 6. Hopefully sooner!

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
Ordered 1 black PM and a 1 white pro on sep 17 through Verizon using the $830 trade in for both. Still waiting on shipping confirmation. Estimated delivery has stayed at Oct 6. Hopefully sooner!
I would imagine you’ll get one here by end of week. From what I’ve been told, they usually tend to get in a little sooner than the estimate, but they do it to be on the safe side.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
It will be totally worth it once it’s in your hands! Thankfully I have a 13 pro so I didn’t even really need to upgrade all that badly, but I’ve been wanting a new zoom on the phones for a while now so I had to take the plunge.
I have a 13 mini myself so I'm not in a hurry to have it delivered right now so I plan to get the most out of my mini before I have to send it in for trade in.

Reactions: MattNetherlands

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
They told me they don't do store pickups. I ordered online. Hence the system glitch on their end.
they do offer store pickups now. It was enabled last Friday when the phone launched. If your phone hasn't shipped, you should be able to cancel and do pickup. They cant change from shipping to pickup and vice-versa.

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
they do offer store pickups now. It was enabled last Friday when the phone launched. If your phone hasn't shipped, you should be able to cancel and do pickup. They cant change from shipping to pickup and vice-versa.
Do you think they would have any Pro Max’s in store currently? I’m fine waiting for them to come in, but if I hear nothing by October 6th I will follow up at that time.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
yeah we preordered hence no store pickup remember I literally posted my preorder page one page ago. Plus Verizon screwed up my preorder 5 times. Not gonna go through it a sixth time.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Do you think they would have any Pro Max’s in store currently? I’m fine waiting for them to come in, but if I hear nothing by October 6th I will follow up at that time.
I dont know because its store dependent. You can check inventory through the shopping page for the phone online to figure out.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
yeah we preordered hence no store pickup remember I literally posted my preorder page one page ago. Plus Verizon screwed up my preorder 5 times. Not gonna go through it a sixth time.
I did as well. But I cancelled my pre-order and just picked it up in store on Friday. Store asked me to call 611 to cancel then the line was eligible. I recommend doing the cancellation 24 hours before since it may need time for the system to reset upgrades and offer.

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
I dont know because its store dependent. You can check inventory through the shopping page for the phone online to figure out.
Thanks. I’ll just wait it out and if I don’t hear anything by next week, I may look into going into the store then. From what I’ve been told by my friend who is the manager at the location I pre-ordered, they didn’t anticipate getting any extra in. I know on Verizon currently my configuration says ships between 9/29 and 10/6, and that’s today. I pre-ordered mine last Tuesday so if it’s even semi-accurate I’ll have it soon enough.

Reactions: tharitm

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Ordered 15th late afternoon. White 256 PM still a November 6th delivery. 😐 my case arrived with nothing to put in it. I’ll patiently wait. But dayum Apple November ?? Seriously.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
I did as well. But I cancelled my pre-order and just picked it up in store on Friday. Store asked me to call 611 to cancel then the line was eligible. I recommend doing the cancellation 24 hours before since it may need time for the system to reset upgrades and offer.
I don't have a reliable mode of transportation (I'm disabled) so I can't.

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
Thank you, I ordered on the 15th but 11am est. I woke up with a bad migraine, called out of work and fell back asleep before preorders went live. So that’s the reason for 11am…
Still not bad, though. I ordered mine on the 19th and it says 10/6 but who actually knows, lol. I’m eagerly awaiting the shipping confirmation email.

Reactions: tommyboy9996

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks. I’ll just wait it out and if I don’t hear anything by next week, I may look into going into the store then. From what I’ve been told by my friend who is the manager at the location I pre-ordered, they didn’t anticipate getting any extra in. I know on Verizon currently my configuration says ships between 9/29 and 10/6, and that’s today. I pre-ordered mine last Tuesday so if it’s even semi-accurate I’ll have it soon enough.
I see. I've noticed in your account if you get something in the lines of "a change is pending" then the device is ready to be shipped out. You will see when you try to upgrade the line that has the pending pre-order.

phattyboombatty

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
I ordered my PM on the morning of 9/15 with expected delivery on 9/22. On 9/21, it was shipped via next day air by FedEx. On the morning of 9/22, FedEx showed that it was out for delivery on the truck with a delivery window between 9:50am and 1:50pm. I stayed home from work to ensure that I could sign for the delivery. The window came and went with no delivery. At around 5pm, FedEx updated the tracking information saying that it was delayed and that delivery was being rescheduled to Monday, 9/25. So, I took off work again today, but the same thing happened. This morning, FedEx showed that the phone was out for delivery on the truck, but around 4pm, FedEx updated the tracking saying that the delivery was delayed and being rescheduled for tomorrow. Just to be clear, no attempted delivery was made on either day and no notes have been left at my door.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? At this point, I just want to call Verizon and cancel my order and go to a store and pick up a phone in person. But, I doubt Verizon would agree to it since its already been shipped. I can't miss any more work so even if FedEx actually does try to deliver tomorrow, I won't be there to sign for it.

• Sad

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
I see. I've noticed in your account if you get something in the lines of "a change is pending" then the device is ready to be shipped out. You will see when you try to upgrade the line that has the pending pre-order.
Sounds good. Yeah this is all I get right now.

1695682545595.jpeg

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
I ordered my PM on the morning of 9/15 with expected delivery on 9/22. On 9/21, it was shipped via next day air by FedEx. On the morning of 9/22, FedEx showed that it was out for delivery on the truck with a delivery window between 9:50am and 1:50pm. I stayed home from work to ensure that I could sign for the delivery. The window came and went with no delivery. At around 5pm, FedEx updated the tracking information saying that it was delayed and that delivery was being rescheduled to Monday, 9/25. So, I took off work again today, but the same thing happened. This morning, FedEx showed that the phone was out for delivery on the truck, but around 4pm, FedEx updated the tracking saying that the delivery was delayed and being rescheduled for tomorrow. Just to be clear, no attempted delivery was made on either day and no notes have been left at my door.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? At this point, I just want to call Verizon and cancel my order and go to a store and pick up a phone in person. But, I doubt Verizon would agree to it since its already been shipped. I can't miss any more work so even if FedEx actually does try to deliver tomorrow, I won't be there to sign for it.
I wonder if they could reroute it to a Verizon location? I just have mine being shipped directly to the store to avoid mess ups.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008

If this were me, I would try and get them to hold it for pickup at a store/center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.