Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 15 variant will you be pre-ordering?

• Total voters

markp-a

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I’m debating on if I should preorder through Verizon or Apple for ISPU. With the issues that people have had I want to try ISPU.

I would think apple would have better selection of colors and storage. But maybe not.

The apple site is pretty slick

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I would think apple would have better selection of colors and storage. But maybe not.

The apple site is pretty slick
The site crashed and many people weren’t able to preorder 20+ minutes. After 8:15+ the delivery dates started slipping. I was fortunate to get in at 8:16am and had a launch date.

markp-a

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I must have gotten lucky.

No 15 Pro or Pro Max in any size or color and the 6 closest apple stores.

So maybe Verizon has some.

jkingrph

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2012
Got a notice from UPS that my 15 Promax had arrived at the local Verizon store this morning so I waited until after lunch and went in to see about it. I hit at just the right time, I was their only customer so they got it out and transferred everything off my old 11 pro. They told me to hold onto my 11 for a couple of weeks, to make sure everything is working ok on this new one and just bring it in before 30 days to the the trade in. So far everything is working ok. The kindle app did not seem to want to load, so I deleted it and reinstalled and it is fine now.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Awesome! Let us know how it worked out. I check my local VZW stores but have had no luck. Waiting on my white 512 PM ship date of 9/29-10/16. Hopefully they fulfill your order and you’re able to pick it up today. Best of luck to you.
It didn't go so well. It turns out this store was a Verizon reseller. They showed inventory when they did not have it.
I called VZW corporate to let them know. The people at the store were rude as well.

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
If not it’s okay either way! My current phone is still more than fine and will last me until whenever it gets in. 🙂
Matt, it is well worth the wait! I’ll tell you what, coming from a 14 PM (I upgrade every year) I wasn’t sure, but this device is awesome! I was very skeptical about the weight difference and the curved bezels, thought it was youtubers hyping it up. In my opinion, I can 100% tell the weight difference and the curved bezels feels so much better in hand for the 15 PM. I got the apple clear case, and the Natural Titanium is beautiful. I did not want to hide the color with my typical leather case. Very pleased with the phone so far, the device runs well, 8GB of RAM now, I’d say same battery life, loving the camera and the updated software, USB C is awesome and so much more lol! Happy with my purchase 👍.

Reactions: MattNetherlands

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
It didn't go so well. It turns out this store was a Verizon reseller. They showed inventory when they did not have it.
I called VZW corporate to let them know. The people at the store were rude as well.
Unfortunately in my area is just an authorized retailer as well. They’re pretty terrible and rude. Dang. I hope you can snag a phone soon. It’s not fun being lied to. I would be infuriated. So the hunt continues.

Reactions: jamezr

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Hey! Two questions. I have ordered and got the 15 Pro. It is still in the box (unopened).
1. Can I change the trade in phone that would still be eligible for the $830? Hypothetically, originally agreed for 12 Mini but can I instead trade in an Xs?
2. The original trade in send back is to mail it in with UPS, I've seen lot of horror stories getting lost. Is it possible to drop off at corporate store?

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
I’m thinking tomorrow might be the day hopefully to at least get an update. I know a lot of people have stated they’ve been getting theirs sooner than their estimated ETA, but nothing yet from my end. If not, hopefully by the end of next week. Any movement at all would be nice, it’s like being kept in the dark waiting for the Verizon app to give you any info, lol.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m thinking tomorrow might be the day hopefully to at least get an update. I know a lot of people have stated they’ve been getting theirs sooner than their estimated ETA, but nothing yet from my end. If not, hopefully by the end of next week. Any movement at all would be nice, it’s like being kept in the dark waiting for the Verizon app to give you any info, lol.
I’m holding out hope you’ll get an update soon.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Mine says my Blue 15 PM is backordered and ETA still says Oct 13th.

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
Mine says my Blue 15 PM is backordered and ETA still says Oct 13th.
I don’t even get the backorder notification, lol. We ordered two phones on our order, one was a base iPhone 15 that shipped and delivered already, and the email just says remaining items will ship once available. That’s literally all I have for anything is the email when we first placed the order. No updates from the app at all.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
I don’t even get the backorder notification, lol. We ordered two phones on our order, one was a base iPhone 15 that shipped and delivered already, and the email just says remaining items will ship once available. That’s literally all I have for anything is the email when we first placed the order. No updates from the app at all.
That’s why I check the Verizon app/website every day to see if the ETA will get moved up and there is no tracking number yet.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Same here white 512 PM. When I ordered originally said ships the 29th. Now it says delivers the 13th. Hopefully soon 🤷‍♂️
Mine is the 256gb because I don’t plan on doing a lot of ProRaw stuff. I have no interest in being this amazing photographer lol.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Mine is the 256gb because I don’t plan on doing a lot of ProRaw stuff. I have no interest in being this amazing photographer lol.
Well hopefully yours moves soon. It can be agonizing waiting to get the shipment notification. This year has been particularly bad for me because I usually snag a phone on launch day but this year as you know is a lot harder to find a phone.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Well hopefully yours moves soon. It can be agonizing waiting to get the shipment notification. This year has been particularly bad for me because I usually snag a phone on launch day but this year as you know is a lot harder to find a phone.
Yep from what I hear, both Blue and Natural pro colors are in high demand, but with people returning unopened iPhone Pros/PMs out of fear of overheating and exchanging them for regular iPhones, maybe things will get moving again. We’ll see.

Reactions: DcGamer05

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
That’s why I check the Verizon app/website every day to see if the ETA will get moved up and there is no tracking number yet.
Yeah, nothing new here. I guess when I finally see a tracking number or get the confirmation email, we will know, lol. Our situation is a little different in that we ordered directly from the Verizon manager we know to have them delivered to the store, and we still own a small amount on our current phones (going to pay them off and upgrade once they come in for the trade in value to lower monthly payments). Once the phones come in, he said he is going to do everything in one shot so hopefully that didn’t screw up anything with the order, lol.

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
Yep from what I hear, both Blue and Natural pro colors are in high demand, but with people returning unopened iPhone Pros/PMs out of fear of overheating and exchanging them for regular iPhones, maybe things will get moving again. We’ll see.
I heard it was the white that was in the highest demand. When I ordered mine, blue had the quickest delivery time so that’s what I went with.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Yeah, nothing new here. I guess when I finally see a tracking number or get the confirmation email, we will know, lol. Our situation is a little different in that we ordered directly from the Verizon manager we know to have them delivered to the store, and we still own a small amount on our current phones (going to pay them off and upgrade once they come in for the trade in value to lower monthly payments). Once the phones come in, he said he is going to do everything in one shot so hopefully that didn’t screw up anything with the order, lol.
Gotta love Verizon. It’s my first time ordering through Verizon.com and they have screwed up my order five times as you already know. Previously I’ve ordered through the Apple Store both in person and online for every time dating back to the iPhone 6. But with crime going up like crazy (I live in Syracuse NY) I noped out of going to the Apple Store at my local mall where there is a shooting almost every month. Add the whole thing that happened at the Apple Store in Philly, ordering online might be the safest route now. So let‘s hope that something on my front moves otherwise I’ll have to walk into a local verizon store (Not at the mall, mind you. It’s in a freestanding building) and get my phone there.

I heard it was the white that was in the highest demand. When I ordered mine, blue had the quickest delivery time so that’s what I went with.
A lot of people (including YouTubers) have said that Natural and Blue were the sexiest colors out of the titanium lineup. Personally, just going by the pictures by reviewers and YouTubers alike, I think Blue is pretty sexy maybe sexier than Natural lol. We’ll have to wait for the first batch of sales statistics so we will find out which color was the number one most requested color.

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
Gotta love Verizon. It’s my first time ordering through Verizon.com and they have screwed up my order five times as you already know. Previously I’ve ordered through the Apple Store both in person and online for every time dating back to the iPhone 6. But with crime going up like crazy (I live in Syracuse NY) I noped out of going to the Apple Store at my local mall where there is a shooting almost every month. Add the whole thing that happened at the Apple Store in Philly, ordering online might be the safest route now. So let‘s hope that something on my front moves otherwise I’ll have to walk into a local verizon store (Not at the mall, mind you. It’s in a freestanding building) and get my phone there.

A lot of people (including YouTubers) have said that Natural and Blue were the sexiest colors out of the titanium lineup. Personally, just going by the pictures by reviewers and YouTubers alike, I think Blue is pretty sexy maybe sexier than Natural lol. We’ll have to wait for the first batch of sales statistics so we will find out which color was the number one most requested color.

Yeah, who knows, honestly. I’ve just heard of all the issues that have come with the pre-ordering I’m just hoping mine didn’t get cancelled accidentally or somehow never got ordered during the process, lol. It would be nice if they could at least post a status in the app, but literally nothing. I know they don’t show anything until the order has officially started the shipping process, but in the meantime I’m just in the dark hoping nothing got messed up with the pre-order. Since it was ordered by the manager himself I trust it more than if I did it, but it’s just nerve wracking, lol. If nothing by 10/6 I’ll definitely contact them.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Yeah, who knows, honestly. I’ve just heard of all the issues that have come with the pre-ordering I’m just hoping mine didn’t get cancelled accidentally or somehow never got ordered during the process, lol. It would be nice if they could at least post a status in the app, but literally nothing. I know they don’t show anything until the order has officially started the shipping process, but in the meantime I’m just in the dark hoping nothing got messed up with the pre-order. Since it was ordered by the manager himself I trust it more than if I did it, but it’s just nerve wracking, lol. If nothing by 10/6 I’ll definitely contact them.
Yeah if nothing changes by next week, I would definitely give them a call and have them change your order to a store pickup if I were you. I will do the same thing if my 15 PM doesnt ship on the 13th.

Claudia P

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2016
The iPhone 15 Pro Max 256, Blue Titanium that I pre-ordered through Cellular Sales on Sept 16th, they insisted 16th for some stupid reason I don't know why, was supposed to be delivered to me today never showed any movement in the app, well apparently that is because it hasn't even been shipped yet. To say I am irate is a huge understatement and the only reason I have not cancelled the order and my account is because I have a Verizon credit card and use it a lot, it's rewards pay a portion of my phone bill each month. No one can tell me why this has happened/ is happening. First this morning Verizon assured me my phone would be delivered to Cellular Sales today, when I chatted with them later I was told that before it was shipped I would receive an email. My plan for the moment it to wait until Cellular sales has another, yes another, they have had 2 in their store for sale in the last 2 days that one of their salespersons told me they couldn't sell to me unless I had cancelled the order for the other one first. So now the next one that comes in they will hold, or so they say, and call me and I will go down there and cancel the other order from their store and then buy the one they get in. What a PIA. The rude PIA who works for Verizon had the audacity to tell me this was a very popular phone and it was first come first served, and really sounded like it would still be weeks or months before I got my phone. I can't tell you how angry and frustrated I am, I am old and and have health problems that prevent me from driving so I can't go anywhere to get another one without having to get someone to take me. I've been a loyal customer for 23 years, longer than that if you add the years with Air Touch before Verizon bought them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.