Resolved Verizon iPhone 5S Sim Not Valid?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GTPprix, Sep 20, 2013.

1. GTPprix, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

GTPprix macrumors member

Any idea whats up with this? Does it with both the SIM that came with it as well as the SIM that is activated from my working 5. WTF MATE?! Server getting hammered perhaps?

2. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Where was it bought from?

3. GTPprix thread starter macrumors member

Apple Corporate Store. I could go back there but man its INSANE there right now ;)

4. jenlevin macrumors regular

what carrier are you on? im having this issue with verizon. called apple and everything looks fine on their end (it is provisioned for verizon). said to take it back to the apple store or they can have the engineers try to figure it out but that could take a few days - if it is in fact a server issue.

5. GTPprix thread starter macrumors member

Verizon as well. I took mine back they gave me another one and BOOM same thing. They are my next call!

6. BitterCelery macrumors newbie

We purchased 2 Verizon 64GB from Apple Retail. Have the same thing happening on both. Old SIM, new SIMS, no difference. Called Apple and supposedly it is being escalated to an engineer. It seems to be Verizon phones not activated at either Verizon or Apple.

7. GTPprix thread starter macrumors member

Apple can find no issues, back to calling Verizon again. We should share some info here maybe it will help?

I had THREE new 5S's do this in a row, with different sims including my 5 SIM that works fine in the 5. In fact I'm running the 5S sim in my 5 right now :\

8. IndoX macrumors regular

All device only verizon phones are having this issue. :(

9. drewmk macrumors newbie

10. cwosigns macrumors 65816

They are not ringing you up right. They need to refund the device to a gift card, re-ring it, choose upgrade, full retail price, keep your current plan, and enter your account info (phone number, last 4 of SSN, etc). This will get you activated (worked for me), but I can't place or receive phone calls.

11. BitterCelery macrumors newbie

We have a business account that they cannot touch. There's should be no reason they can't just sell a Verizon retail phone like they have had during all of the previous releases and have it activate it correctly. We've been doing this for years with no issues until this release.

12. GTPprix thread starter macrumors member

Verizon Tech FINALLY released a memo to tech support about 20 minutes ago. Apparently either the IMEI or the SIM #'s were not imported into the VZW database. Supposedly resolved before this evening :\

13. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Sorry for this question:

Not familiar with this. Would that mean after its fixed this evening, all the verizon phones will now work when we activate them later ? Will the ones, if you know, that are still in Process to be shipped will work when they arrive, or do we have to bring them in for replacement? I will understand if this cannot be answered by you.

Thank you

14. GTPprix thread starter macrumors member

It appears as of right now the issue ONLY involves those of us who (correct me if I'm wrong?) were paying full price for the phones. I would assume once all of the info is imported into the activation DB it should be smooth sailing from here on out.

15. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Thank you GTPprix.

16. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

So you're saying for those of us who paid full retail this is the issue? I'm glad I searched for this because this is my dilemma. Paid full retail at Apple corporate store for the VZW phone because I didn't want to lose my unlimited data plan. So, it's because of the full retail that the issue is?

I spent a few hours with Apple trying to resolve it. I even was able sync and restore my phone by pulling out the SIM. That let me restore from backup in iTunes. But when I put the SIM in, I do get Invalid SIM.

Just got off the phone with VZW, too, and she said the same thing that was stated above. A note just went out saying it's a server issue or something.

I surely hope this gets resolved soon.

17. GTPprix thread starter macrumors member

Yup EXACT same scenario that prompted me to post this. Seems to be the only common thread between all of us.

18. Eallan macrumors 6502

19. GTPprix thread starter macrumors member

Me too :)

20. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Yes, it's just crazy. I even emailed Apple technical support rep that was helping me and he said yes three people in his building are having the same issue.

21. GTPprix thread starter macrumors member

Agreed. I have to admit I do find a strange comfort in the fact that others are having the same issue :)

22. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Same here! Man, hope this gets resolved soon. I'd love to use the phone I waited hours in line for...

23. ericj1s macrumors newbie

does everyone else who is having this issue show that the 5s is now their phone on the verizon website?

doesn't make sense that it shows as activated on the verizon site, but the phone won't activate.

oh well, its nice to look at i guess......

24. Eallan macrumors 6502

Yes, mine does.

25. DylPickle85 macrumors member

I'm in the same boat, bought the 5s at full price with Verizon, and "SIM isn't valid". Called Verizon and their rep confirmed that my 5s in Space Gray was in their system.

Hmmph. I'm assuming a lot of you with the same problem bought the phone at full price to keep your unlimited data? Maybe this is their way of (not) thanking us. Oh, well I vouge to crank as many GB's through this thing as I can this month...already at 8 GB and still have 20 days to go :D