Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leetlamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Check it out, the Verizon iPhone doesn't have all those FCC and other certification logos.

3.jpg

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/02/verizon-iphone-review/

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Probably because it's a preproduction demo.

It makes sense that there wouldn't be a "CE" logo since I doubt any CDMA iphones are going to EU. But the FCC logo missing would be kind of interesting.

leetlamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
I don't see why they wouldn't get rid of them. I mean a lot of phones don't have them, like my Verizon Palm Pre Plus that I'm using right now.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
I don't see why they wouldn't get rid of them. I mean a lot of phones don't have them, like my Verizon Palm Pre Plus that I'm using right now.

take a look under your battery...
they have to be somewhere on the phone where the user can see them, but they can be covered by a user removable battery or battery door. On the iPhone, they have to be on the outside, because the user can't get inside the device

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Wow thats interesting. I would love to know if the Verizon iPhone doesn't have any of the logos on the back.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
take a look under your battery...
they have to be somewhere on the phone where the user can see them, but they can be covered by a user removable battery or battery door. On the iPhone, they have to be on the outside, because the user can't get inside the device

Ya it is not a fashion choice. They put the icons to comply with regulations.

icyfire

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
This is hilarious. Remember when all the naysayers were making fun of the fact that Verizon might force Apple to put the Verizon logo on the iPhone? Now it turns out that the Verizon iPhone has less logos on the phone than the AT&T iPhone!

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
This is hilarious. Remember when all the naysayers were making fun of the fact that Verizon might force Apple to put the Verizon logo on the iPhone? Now it turns out that the Verizon iPhone has less logos on the phone than the AT&T iPhone!

thats a demo unit pictured

the Verizon phone will have the same markings

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Clearly it's just a demo model, but it sure does look nice without those FCC logos!

Shasta McNasty

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Southern Cali
Which means if they are the same sized back piece (which im sure they are) Att customers will be able to buy it and switch their current one with all the logos and crap out. Sounds good to me.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Which means if they are the same sized back piece (which im sure they are) Att customers will be able to buy it and switch their current one with all the logos and crap out. Sounds good to me.

I was thinking the same thing, but knowing Apple, I'm sure they're going to move these pins around so that it won't be possible.

iphone4blackbackplate29.jpg

(patiently awaits an iFixIt teardown)

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Yes the new Verizon iphone is not going to be able to be used internationally unlike the ATT version.... And I have not heard any thing as to what Verizon plans to do.... Oh well.....

thatshellacool

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2009
State College, PA
I just figured the aforementioned pictures had something to do with the fact that the phone was most likely announced before it had FCC approval. If i'm not mistaken, the reason Apple announced the original iPhone in advanced of it's actual available date for purchase was because going through the FCC for the approval process would have publicly acknowledged and made its existence known before Apple/AT&T would have a chance to unveil it themselves.

AllieNeko

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
I don't think the logos are required for the US market. My Alltel CDMA BlackBerry Tour has a UL logo under the battery, but no communications authority logos.

iFitz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
If I remember correctly the first iPhone didn't have the FCC logos either. Can't remember which one they added them too.

iFitz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
It is true! Just go my V iPhone 4 and there are no logos on the back of the phone. Nice!

Other than that and the new antenna, looks exactly the same as my AT&T iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.