Verizon iPhone - so much for the rumors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pilotError, Dec 26, 2010.

1. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

If the rumors of AT&T losing exclusivity are True, will we be hearing an impromptu Launch sometime in the next 2 weeks?

I find it hard to believe that Dec. 25th was the supposed ending of the contract, and there have been absolutely no rumors about it.

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Time will tell. I don't expect Apple to make a CES appearance though, which is the only scheduled tech event for the next few weeks that would be a big enough venue.

And one point: There have been Verizon rumors for years now, so don't expect there to be much change anytime soon.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The Wall Street Journal seems to think so, but I have my doubts. First off, this would be a mid-cycle release, and Apple doesn't like to complicate things, especially when it comes to how it manufactures its products.

IF there is a Verizon iPhone, I'm thinking June, with the next version of it, and it'll likely be a single, multiband model with a chipset that will work on either AT&T or Verizon.

If there's been no rumors about, it, then why did you believe it in the first place?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My new year's resolution is to never enter a Verizon iPhone thread. :D

5. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Oh come on. I can see it at CES now. Verizon CEO, Ivan Seidenberg, gets on stage and starts talking about boring things about Verizon's progress and other boring things. Then when he is about to say good bye, he gets a video phone call. He answers, and one the big screen behind him, Steve Jobs appears, and says "One more thing..."

6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I think it will be a June release, but the minute Verizon is able to announce they will have it they will, this will allow anyone thinking of going to AT&T to just hold off for 6 months or whatnot since they know it will be with Verizon(or whomever it may be)

I can see it now, Verizon running non stop countdown commercials for half a year...

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

But that could also hurt their business on other phones they want to sell on their network

8. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Yes that's true also, but in all honesty i think they won't care. If it hurts business on there other phones that just means they are buying a different phone from them, bottom line is there still selling a phone no matter what the brand.

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not if they are waiting 6 months to do it

My point is, announcing 6 months in advance can hurt their current sales on phones

10. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

[​IMG]

Do you really think that?

11. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Yes, I think they don't care if they sell any phones at all. I think they will actually shut down all stores nationwide for 6 months in anticipation of the event. They will halt all sales of other phones

12. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

At least until Jobs announces that it is coming?

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

There have been rumors of the Verizon iPhone since the day it launched back in 2007. At this point, I won't believe any until it is announced by Verizon or Apple.

14. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

I want them to announce the Verizon iPhone at the next conference, but I don't think they will until June. I agree with Apple not wanting two iPhone release dates - it's too messy.

But there's hope, no? :p

15. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Then Apple can release the iPhone 5 early for both carriers.

16. DeathChill macrumors 68000

The Verizon iPhone is definitely coming, in my opinion. WSJ runs information that Apple "leaks" to them and John Gruber already pretty much confirmed it. He even explained why they'd do a mid-cycle release.

17. Merkie macrumors 68020

WSJ is usually right on the money, so I think they're right this time too.

18. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

It's Sunday, so it's time for the first of our weekly 'iPhone to Verizon' threads...;)

19. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

2012 when the exclusive contract expires. I dont see Verizon geting iPhone till then. There are fals rumors every year and even those that believe because Verizon got iPds to sell that it means the iPhone is coming this next year.
    Well, there is no exclusive deal for anyone to sell the iPads.

20. DeathChill macrumors 68000

Yes there's always rumours every year. However, never have all the rumours from very reliable sources pointed to the same month. It's happening.

21. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

Didn't the WSJ say there would be an iPhone for verizon just this past summer? Didn't they also say there would be a 7" iPad? Hmmm?

22. pilotError thread starter macrumors 68020

pilotError

There's still time! LOL

23. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I wouldnt bet on it.

24. DeathChill macrumors 68000

I will.