Verizon iPhone Summation of Proof

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shadrap, Jan 7, 2011.

1. shadrap, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011

shadrap macrumors 6502

Rumors begin in June 2010 of a Verizon iPhone release in January 2011.

August 2010, AT&T's filing with the SEC states in a nutshell that they need to diversify their phone offerings to prevent relying on a single handset. The filing also makes note of exclusivity arrangements ending with handsets.

October 6, 2010 The Wall Street Journal, Apples preferred source to release information advises that mass production has begun on iPhone 4 for Verizon. WSJ says it will be released in January. Bloomberg also vetted the information through separate sources. This time frame would be accurate for a 1st quarter release of millions of Verizon iPhones. The WSJ is as reputable as it comes for info on Apple.

Fall of 2010 after a slow start AT&T begins a heavy push of Android and WP7.

Apple and Verizon stocks begin to rise on speculation of a Verizon iPhone. Market analyst now suggest that both companies stock prices include the allowance for an upcoming Verizon iPhone. Both Apple and Verizon remain silent. Analyst have reported that a stock backlash would occur from angry investors if the Verizon iPhone were untrue.

December 25, 2010 Skype shows a Verizon logo in a How to article for it's Skype for iPhone. It was later pulled off the site.

January 2, 2011 Case Mate's website shows an iPhone 4 case for a Verizon iPhone. It was also pulled from the site.

January 5, 2011 Smartphone Medic and Global Direct Parts release pictures and video of what appears to be an updated iPhone 4 case. The video is later pulled due to infringement. The case neither confirms or denies the existence of a Verizon iPhone.

January 6, 2011 AT&T begins selling the iPhone 3GS for $49 to lock in customers prior to the Verizon iPhone launch.

The push for Android was exacerbated at CES by AT&T with the announcement of 12 new android devices being deployed.

Verizon changes it's new every two policy and it's replacement policy. The new every two allowed early upgrade options and the replacement policy allowed phone exchange for nearly any reason. This is believed to be being phased out to keep customers from upgrading early to the iPhone and to keep customers from replacing iPhones.*

Rumors on Macrumors begin surfacing of Verizon limiting vacation time at the end of January. It is later confirmed by several sources that Apple is blacking out vacation time the last week of January through the middle of February.

BGR reports from a reliable source that Apple has frozen vacation February 3rd through the 6th Thursday-Sunday.

January 7, 2011 Verizon sends out invitations for an event in New York on January 11, 2011 at 11AM. This is confirmed by several sources as the Verizon iPhone launch.

That's it, it's coming.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Just think of the 2-6 million iPhone brethren you are about to receive. I am sure numerous of those will join Macrumors. Maybe one day we will out number you AT&T lovers. :D It's all in good fun.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I am not sure how any of this is considered "proof"
    I think all of the points have been given logical explanations to the contrary as well

There may very well be a Verizon iPhone
    We will know when it shows itself

Then, instead of the whining about having a Verizon iPhone, people can whine about how it isn't what they wanted, how it doesn't have this or that, how it doesn't work the way they want it to, how it is tied to iTunes, how it can't be JB, how the coverage sucks now, how it should be on Sprint/TMobile too, etc. etc.

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Why do you post useless responses?

Anyways, OP, everything you listed are rumors or speculations, not "proof"

6. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck. The whining part, yes you are probably right. Not going to make everyone happy no matter what they do.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I wish the mods would start killing these threads.

Agreed. There is no proof until either Apple or Verizon announce it.

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

This wounded, lame duck has been quacking since the original iPhone ;)

What's funny is, if and when it does show itself, and it very well may, people will say, "see, we were right!!" LOL. As the saying goes, "even a blind pig will find an acorn occasionally".

9. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I think there should be a completely separate subforum under iPhone that will be only for regarding future and speculative releases.

Watch this forum shrink to an enjoyable size.

10. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

It is as close to proof as you will get until Mr. jobs steps on stage and announces it. Plus, I do believe the culmination is proof. In the past 6 months there has been more information and circumstantial evidence than in the last 4 years combined.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's speculation. Much like all of the PowerBook G5 speculation that was out there that people passed off as "proof"

And look, we never got a PowerBook G5 and never will get one.

12. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

That would be great. Heck might as well add separate Verizon iPhone and AT&T iPhone sections.

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

We have that now, one is just called the Wasteland ;)

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think you need to use it more often ;)

15. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

You forgot to mention verizon hired approximately 1700 new CSRsback in late November time frame.

16. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Guys, I have been here for a while. I know how much everyone hates the Verizon threads. Look through my previous post, this is my first time posting about Verizon. I just thought with real info or circumstantial info, however you view it, coming out daily. That one thread would be a good place to discuss it. Instead of numerous threads discussing each topic. Maybe I was wrong.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

There's already 50 thousand other Verizon iPhone threads. What makes yours so special that it should be the one and only Verizon iPhone thread?

18. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Most likely. Then the forum(s) will be cluttered with threads like:

"How much is YOUR Verizon bill?"
    "When is the unlock/JB coming out for the Verizon iPhone?"
    "My Verizon iPhone's buttons/homescreen/wifi/facetime/camera/etc are acting funny. Anyone else having this issue?"
    "Help me find a case for my Verizon iPhone"
    "Any good themes for my JB'd Verizon iPhone?"

You get the idea ;)

19. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Because it's a summation. Instead of 50 thousand threads. Should have been done a long time ago. Most other forums do.

20. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

I am ready to JB it now, lol.

21. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Its nice in theory, but people don't want their great ideas, information, insights, etc. buried in a mega thread, because they have new and unique info, so they will continue to post their own threads regardless.

22. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, but on other forums the mods usually move the post. My bad, at least I didn't post each one individually. :eek:

23. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

We do at times, when it is appropriate
    In cases like this they pop up so often, and are all slightly different, enough so every one wants its time in the sun

We discussed a mega thread, but we have not implemented it
    The news threads are the place to post, but everyone wants to be "the one" with the scoop

24. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Eh, I have been on a MacRumors vacation for the last few months so I actually appreciate this summary thread. Thanks, OP.

25. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not sure who approved your MR vacation, but those are not allowed, we are on lockdown here. No vacations allowed man... there is a new product launch!