Verizon Just Announced a Great iPhone No Contract Plan for $50 LETS TALK ABOUT IT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hi all,

so just yesterday i create a different thread talking about how i have an unlocked verizon iphone and for years used to tether close to 30gb-70gb's a month. anyhow, long story short, i need to break away from my current Verizon plan in which im under someone elses account and they arent too happy that im using a ton of their data.

Now, just today Verizon announced a no contact plan which included unlimited talk and data and 5gb of data for $50 total. MacRumors even says that if i dont use all my data that itll roll over for one month, or if i do indeed use my 5gb data that i can still use data unlimited but is throttled way down to 128kb/s.

Is this not a good deal or what? Im really contemplating jumping on it. i already have verizon at the moment under someone elses plan and think this option is a great alternative for me to break away on my own. im just hoping that i can indeed still keep my phone number, if not no biggie.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Give it a few weeks other carriers might respond to it with their own twist and special offer.
    Competition is great.
    Years ago none of this was available and the big 2 only competed who would raise prices and add more fees first.

3. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

What plan are you talking about OP?

There's a 2gb (3gb with autopay) VZW prepaid service for $45/month and a 5gb one for $60/month.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/

There is also no 5gb postpaid plan. Only 4 and 8gb

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

5. Hal~9000, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Not a bad deal price wise for the amount of data you get but my RingPlus BLT plan kinda blows this one out of the water:
    • 6000 min
    • 6000 txt
    • 6000 mms
    • 6000 mb
    • $0/month

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

And how does that work for free?

7. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.