Verizon MMS to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by superstrikertwo, Sep 29, 2009.

1. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Anyone else having issues receiving MMS from people on Verizon? I'm going on almost 5 hours since the message was sent. MMS from other AT&T phones work fine.

I searched and didn't see a thread on this.

2. gr8phan macrumors member

I was - could receive SMS only. Suddenly started working yesterday.

3. Sean006 macrumors 6502

over the weekend i had a friend out in Vegas and she sent me pics but i never recvd them....she could recv mine but i would not get hers..

dont know if it was the MMS rollout or that she is blonde and was drinking at the hard rock pool :D

had a friend test it yesterday locally.....it worked fine...

4. polysaturate macrumors member

Las Vegas has an MMS force field that does not let any MMS messages leave LV.

What happens in Vegas...

5. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Ain't this the dam truth....

7. michael31986 macrumors 68030

So my friend sent me a pic last night I never got. It was from verizon hmm

8. WolverineGuy macrumors member

I was having that problem a few days ago. As of yesterday everything was back to normal. :)

9. michael31986 macrumors 68030

10. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Update. Any verizon phone that isn't a blackberry can get my mms and I also get theirs. For some reason it's only happening with my one friend and her verizon blsckberry. She get my message amost all the time but I rarely get hers. I hear verizon blackberry is actually on a diff network than regular verizon phones. Idk if that's true anyway I'm not sure if it's only a verizon black berry thing. My friend with spent blackberry sends and receives to me fine. So I don't know. It might just be a verizon bb thing. Anyone else got any update on this

11. WolverineGuy macrumors member

Update: Actually, its hit or miss...I get about 20% of the pictures sent to me from verizon.

12. thecellar macrumors regular

i think it has to do with the photo being pulled from the memory cards in blackberrys..i have a vzw bb curve and an iphone. i tested them back and forth sending/receiving messages. I only had a problem when i sent photos that were stored on the blackberrys memory card. if the photo was in the phones memory it was fine..and videos were fine no matter what?

13. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Yea I'm noticing that if the pics aren't saved to memory card that I get them. But regular verizon phones work to send to iPhone. Just bb verizon and even more memory card saved ones

14. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Verizon BlackBerry Tour MMS to iPhone - works on one of my iPhones (mine), but not on the other (daughter's). The iPhones have cell numbers in different area codes, however. I wonder if this has something to do with it.

iPhone to iPhone works fine.

iPhone (either one of the above) to my Verizon BlackBerry works.

Stupid.

15. michael31986 macrumors 68030

ok guys! i finally figured it out!!! me and my friend have been testing it for 2 or 3 days. In order to send an MMS photo to an iphone from a verizon blackberry. in this example it was with a verizon blackberry tour, but im sure it works the same with all verizon blackberrys. There are 2 things you have to do.

go to media box.
    click on pictures then picture folders
    then make sure you click device memory
    any pictures in that folder are able to be sent and received by iPhones.

for some reason you cannot send pictures from the memory card on the verizon blackberry, which is where the camera usually automatically stores it.

if you want to change these settings...

click on the camera button
    then blackberry menu button
    then options and then go down to store picture and make sure it is set to "in device memory"
    once it is clicked on that make sure you save the setting

from then on your pictures will be automatically be saved in the "device memory folder", which is where iPhones are able to receive picture messages from.

hopefully this helps and if you have a different kind of verizon blackberry phone you should be able to do a similiar setting change.

hope this works.

16. superstrikertwo thread starter macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Thanks for the tip Michael.

I'm wondering why it's like that though flaw from Verizon or AT&T? Are other non-iPhone AT&T phones able to receive MMS from Blackberry's memory card?

17. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Good question I'm not sure. I know sprint bb sends MSG fine to me but then again never asked if they had it saved to memory card. I'll see about regular AT&T

18. KekelaNikol macrumors newbie

My bf has a Verizon Samsung phone and he's tried to send multiple mms messages to my iphone and i have yet to receive any of them. Anyone figure out what to do for non-blackberry phone on Verizon???

19. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

hehe ... well said !!!

20. michael31986 macrumors 68030

maybe verizon mms doesn't know to send to iphone 100percent of the time, because we use to have the "view my message thing. so who knows.

21. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

just encountered this today. horrible! they can receive mine, i can't receive theirs! hell, at least before you'd get that viewmymessage garbage. better than nothing!

22. michael31986 macrumors 68030

23. thomamon macrumors 6502a

thomamon

Has anyone tested this?