Verizon not getting new iphone till next year

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by X1Lightning, Jul 29, 2011.

1. X1Lightning, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011

X1Lightning macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

I was on the phone with Verizon's support last night, getting support for my first gen droid. trying to make this thing last till the new iphone comes out....

I mentioned that to the support tech, and he laughed at me, he said Verizon is not getting the new one till next spring/summer, and there was no way my droid was going to last that long.

nice to know how Verizon feels about the original droid. but i was pretty bummed to here that they are not getting the new iphone till much later than att

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

4. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Ding ding! Winner!

5. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

Anyone who physically works in a Verizon store or is a support guy knows nothing. They never have and they never will.

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Not only do they know nothing about upcoming product releases - they know nothing about the current products that they are supposed to help you fix :mad:

7. X1Lightning thread starter macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

i hope you are right, i can hardly make calls with this POS droid. 1/2 the time i cant even answer the phone. gets pretty frustrating...

8. X1Lightning thread starter macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

that is totally true, they didn't have anything to help me out with, i already tried everything they wanted me to do

9. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

10. kicko macrumors 65816

there would be no reason for verizon to get a delayed release. No carrier has any exclusive deal.

11. NyYaNkEeFaN95, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011

NyYaNkEeFaN95 macrumors regular

NyYaNkEeFaN95

12. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Correct is "ding ding ding", not "ding ding".

13. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Verizon support would know nothing of an upcoming product release. Apple hasn't said anything yet so anything that Verizon "knows" is pure speculation.

14. wadawow macrumors member

They know nothing

Last December I finally caved and bought my Samsung Fascinate after asking pretty much every Verizon person at every store I walked by for like 3 months straight if Verizon was getting the iPhone and everyone laughed told me no... never gonna happen... I also asked at the Apple store.

Needless to say I was pissed when like 3 months later it showed up on Verizon.

A few weeks ago I opened a new line and got it.

15. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I talked to Verizon support and they said the tooth fairy was real so I have to believe them right? :rolleyes:

16. mwohrlin macrumors newbie

I used to work for Verizon, and they don't tell you squat until a new device is released. Then they say, "here is the new device, support it!"

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Dont take anything reps or other people say for granted.
    The only way to know for sure is to wait for Apple to announce when and on what carriers it will be on.

18. kicko macrumors 65816

same thing happened to my neighbor.

19. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

You're a gullible one aren't you?

20. CoolBradG macrumors regular

The reps will just feed you that bs just to try and get you to upgrade now and not wait.

21. SR71 macrumors 68000

I witnessed this happening at a Verizon store just a few weeks ago.

I was in the Verizon store with my mom and my brother because my brother was upgrading to the iPhone 4 because he didn't want to wait for the iPhone 5 and wanted to snag the unlimited data while it was still available. As we were waiting in line for the rep to switch the number, contacts, pictures etc. from the old phone to the iPhone, I noticed that there was a family next to ours that was talking to another rep and were asking him if he thinks they should upgrade to the iPhone 4 now or wait for the iPhone 5. What did the rep tell them? He said that they should definitely upgrade from their Droid to the iPhone NOW because Verizon wouldn't be getting the next iPhone till AT LEAST another year and a half. AT LEAST. I was shocked at the lies the rep was feeding this family.

Needless to say, I'd heard enough of that rep's BS and went right over to them and told them that he was lying and was just trying to make a quick sale. I gave them the facts that Apple releases a new iPhone every year and has done so for the last 4 years and that even the CEO of Verizon has even said that they expect the next iPhone to be released in the fall. As I was telling them this, the rep quickly denied all of the things I was saying and continued on saying that the next iPhone wouldn't be on Verizon for at least another year and a half. After listening to what I had to tell them, the family decided that they would wait and hold their upgrades until the fall which is when I told them is when the next iPhone is rumored to be announced. The family thanked me and left.

After the family had left, the rep asked me why I did that and that he could've made a sale. I said to him that what he was doing was dishonest and that he was just telling them lies. His response? "So what? I could've have made a sale and because of you I didn't."

I just walked away and continued on waiting for the rep that was dealing with my brother to finish what he needed to do, and for the rest of the time that I was in that Verizon store, that rep just GLARED at me with the angriest look, to which I simply smiled back. :)

Never trust what Verizon rep's tell you.

22. ap3604 macrumors 68000

HEY YOU MOTHA ****ER THAT WAS ME AND YOU COST ME A SALE!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Just kidding ;) :p

That's why even though I know a ton about smartphones and could be a great salesman I just don't like the idea of ripping people off and when your in smartphone sales the manager is pushing you to do whatever it takes to make a sale (even if that means lying to the very people who are trusting you to looking out for them)

23. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

quite gullable aren't you

24. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

You should have reported him to the district manager. At the store level these reps and the mgrs don't care, but once you get to the higher level managers they care about loosing longterm customers over an upgrade that would happen with 3 months.

25. SR71 macrumors 68000

Hahahaha ;).

I agree, I could be a great salesman if I worked at Verizon or Apple, but I'd hate having to lie to people just to make those sales.