Verizon rant...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AeroUK, Oct 8, 2011.

1. AeroUK macrumors 6502

I am absolutely furious and annoyed

I pre ordered the iPhone 4S and received an emailing asking me to call because of the credit check.

I called and the person was asking me irrelevant questions and put me on hold.

So I called back and the guy sorted it out for me.

I then received an email bill with a $400 deposit added on, while I understand why this is done, it was not agreed by me! I think that is misguiding and unfair and NOW my order is indicating to ship the following week (previously it was due to ship by the 14th).

I feel like there is a lot of misguidance going on here and as a new customer it makes me feel very uncomfortable with future service from Verizon... Anyone else have these troubles?.

2. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Then cancel your order and go with another carrier.

3. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

EVERYONE's orders are saying the following week.

4. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

*in the phone operator voice* Welcome to Verizon Wireless

5. AeroUK thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah great and now all the pre ordered are sold out!

I just called to talk to a supervisor about it and they wouldn't let me, said it was Apples fault and I could cancel and go to a store on the day! As we say in England, bloody charming!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

6. X3NIA macrumors member

Sounds like you knew there would be a delay in ordering.

...Knowing that, and realizing that the iPhone was a popular phone you would assume it'd be smart to plan ahead. I've never even owned an iPhone and I was one of the guys who stayed up all night to get one preordered.

Just saying.

If you're that furious (doubt it, you just want your iPhone) then speak to the company in the best and clearest way possible, with your wallet.

7. AeroUK thread starter macrumors 6502

I pre ordered at 3:30am.

The problem is that I hate AT&T and I want Verizon for the network.

Does anyone know this, if you have a preorder in place and it does not ship on the Friday. Can you still go into a store and make a purchase and then cancel the preorder?

8. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

you'll probably have to cancel 1st and then go to the store.

9. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I know that everyone wants their phone on launch day, and I am excited to get mine on launch day as well, which is why I pre-ordered. However, if mine (AT&T) gets pushed a week, I will survive. In a month, I don't think that I'll even be worried about whether my phone comes on Friday, Saturday, or a week from Saturday. I do get kind of amazed when people are saying that they are furious about what might be a small delay, or some suggestions to switch carriers if you won't get your phone on one day vs another.

10. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Regarding the deposit, this is standard for new customers until they trust you to pay your bill each month. I went through the same thing years ago as an 18 year old.

The good news is that they credit the deposit to your account eventually, so you get a few "free" months of service.

11. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

12. echo2011 macrumors regular

I never had to pay a deposit and I ordered 3 iPhone 4's (not 4s) and a droid back in june.

13. rkahl macrumors 65816

I woke up at 2:00am yesterday to pre-order from Apple. All I read was how happy everyone was that Verizon opened 15 minutes early and was allowing pre-orders. Boy how the mood has changed!

14. Patriot24, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

This is typically done for folks that have little-to-no credit. As an 18 year old, I didn't have any credit cards or other mechanisms to build credit. Paying my monthly phone bill was my first opportunity.

A credit rating is not always a good indicator of one's level of responsibility, especially at a young age. As such, I don't want to jump to any conclusion about the OP's situation.

15. trouble747 macrumors 6502

The OP did say he was subject to a credit check....

16. BBQXXX macrumors member

It's cuz he has bad credit. Verizon does not prepare for phone pre orders or launches to the extent of making sure they have someone to call you right away to say your credit was declined. I dont see why it's such a big deal. I would not blame Verizon personally.

17. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I don't want to get too far off-topic here, but please read my previous post regarding credit. I don't think it is our place to make assumptions about the OP's financial situation.

18. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

first world problems...:rolleyes:
    I know I'm going to get flamed for this, isn't it the truth though?

19. echo2011 macrumors regular

Very true, establishing credit slipped my mind, I remember buying a stereo when I turned 18 (many moons ago) to start the good ol' credit process.

Ha! :p

20. duck33 macrumors regular

Not true. Just checked mine and still has 10/14/11.

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

This whole board is about First World Problems... :D

22. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

You're a little late to the game. This morning, EVERYONE'S orders were saying 10/21 as an ETA (16/32/64GB, both black and white models) and then they started switching back to 10/14 a few hours later.

23. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I'll say. I tried to go to the apple store to buy two iPhone 4GS (one for home and one for office) and they told me they can' t take 100 dollar bills! I had to pull my black amex out of my gucci wallet ! FML!

24. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Cause your credit is good.

25. AeroUK thread starter macrumors 6502

Just so you know, I am a British ex pat, moved here a year ago and so have no credit history in the USA.

I understand that they wanted a deposit, my point is that they should have made that clear before adding it to the bill...