Verizon sale

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by attrep2006, May 7, 2014.

1. attrep2006 macrumors newbie

Verizon has $100 off iPhone 5s and paired with any smartphone purchase offers $200 off any tablet ( including all iPads ) requires 2 yr activation on tablet. ALSO- $10 tablet activation comes with free 1GB of data.. Sale ends the 12th

It's a great sale. I'm no longer affiliated with either company just sharing. I'm sorry it this is old news.

Cheers

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

A 2-year activation is not a sale. This is a mortgage.

3. Linkiepoo macrumors newbie

Anything that need 2 years should not be talked about...

4. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

5. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Can you get $100 off the 5S flat out or do you have to get the iPad (or tablet) also?

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think a 2 year commitment on a phone that will soon be replaced is a mistake. I'd avoid this deal.

7. I7guy macrumors G5

Hence the "sale".

8. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

People who know the 6 is coming will not take advantage of it. But there are plenty of consumers who will see it as getting an iPhone for half price. It's also conveniently Mother's Day this weekend.

9. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Really? Maybe some people who know the 6 is coming dont want to wait 4 more months. Maybe they don't want a bigger screen. It's safe to say a handful or more of Macrumor users will utilize this sale.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

For someone who doesn't care and will be staying with their carrier for at least 2 more years, doesn't seem like that would be a big deal, and in fact can be a better deal in general if that's the case.

11. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

oh I'm sure there are those people too. but there were other posters who didn't understand why anyone would take advantage of this offer.

----------

Exactly. Not everyone sees contracts as evil. I'm in one, but I don't exactly have a choice in the matter. I'm fine with it if my parents don't care about the extra money once it expires. They haven't in the past.

12. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

verizon is still butt raping...I mean offering contracts?

13. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Yup. I love butt raping and contracts so I'm happy! :D

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Ah, so offering choices to consumers is bad...right.

15. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

here's your consumer choice... whip, chain or bat... what shall I abuse you with?

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup, all cell service and phones should be free. Of course.

17. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

19. attrep2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

The ignorance of people blows my mind.

First of all.. You DO have a choice.

Choice A: sign a contract and get the phone for $550 LESS than full retail price. Who cares if you have to sign a "contract" if you decide to leave then sell your phone on eBay for 5x what you paid for it and stop crying.

Choice B: sign up for verizon EDGE

If you are on a more everything plan with at least 10GB or more you literally get the phone for $2 a month.

$650\24 = $27 ( rounding down the change)

Your smart phone access is $40 as is. If you do edge you get a $25 credit every month thus making the phone $2 a month.

Choice C: buy the phone FR ****.

People are never happy!

20. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i took advantage of this. i was thinking about switching from my t-mobile prepaid plan for a while now anyway; service has been increasingly spotty with t-mobile. slow data during peak hours, and poor reception indoors. i wound up selling my previous iphone 5s at cost and picking up a new one from verizon at the discount. factor in the fact my subsidy is really $550, and i'm only paying a few dollars a month more for better service. if i end up getting the 6, i'll have to pay full price, but i would have paid full price with t-mobile anyway, so it's kind of a wash.

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

But you are still locked into a 2 year contract (with the iPad). True you can get the phone on EDGE, I got my wp8 phone that way, but why lock yourself into a long contract with the iPad? Its short money I suppose but you need to vet out the details to see if its good for you.

22. attrep2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

You sir have a brain. It's so simple but people are to stubborn to accept the fact that everyone isn't out to get them.

23. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Yeah, maybe they want to be tied to a crappier phone for 2 years just to save $100. That is called idiotic.

24. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Just buy it outright. Or buy in swappa for cheaper

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

If a phone works just fine for someone (and they can get a better deal on it now), why is it idiotic not to wait for the next one that is unknown just because it's newer? Perhaps they'll sell this phone off in a bit and get a newer one later, or perhaps they are more than fine having the currently latest one for the next 2 years because it works for them. Blindly going for whatever is the newest just because, now that could be referred to as idiotic on the other hand.