Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

attrep2006

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Verizon has $100 off iPhone 5s and paired with any smartphone purchase offers $200 off any tablet ( including all iPads ) requires 2 yr activation on tablet. ALSO- $10 tablet activation comes with free 1GB of data.. Sale ends the 12th

It's a great sale. I'm no longer affiliated with either company just sharing. I'm sorry it this is old news.

Cheers

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
Verizon has $100 off iPhone 5s and paired with any smartphone purchase offers $200 off any tablet ( including all iPads ) requires 2 yr activation on tablet. ALSO- $10 tablet activation comes with free 1GB of data.. Sale ends the 12th

It's a great sale. I'm no longer affiliated with either company just sharing. I'm sorry it this is old news.

Cheers

Can you get $100 off the 5S flat out or do you have to get the iPad (or tablet) also?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think a 2 year commitment on a phone that will soon be replaced is a mistake. I'd avoid this deal.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I think a 2 year commitment on a phone that will soon be replaced is a mistake. I'd avoid this deal.

People who know the 6 is coming will not take advantage of it. But there are plenty of consumers who will see it as getting an iPhone for half price. It's also conveniently Mother's Day this weekend.

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
People who know the 6 is coming will not take advantage of it. But there are plenty of consumers who will see it as getting an iPhone for half price.

Really? Maybe some people who know the 6 is coming dont want to wait 4 more months. Maybe they don't want a bigger screen. It's safe to say a handful or more of Macrumor users will utilize this sale.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Really? Maybe some people who know the 6 is coming dont want to wait 4 more months. Maybe they don't want a bigger screen. It's safe to say a handful or more of Macrumor users will utilize this sale.

oh I'm sure there are those people too. but there were other posters who didn't understand why anyone would take advantage of this offer.

----------

For someone who doesn't care and will be staying with their carrier for at least 2 more years, doesn't seem like that would be a big deal, and in fact can be a better deal in general if that's the case.

Exactly. Not everyone sees contracts as evil. I'm in one, but I don't exactly have a choice in the matter. I'm fine with it if my parents don't care about the extra money once it expires. They haven't in the past.

attrep2006

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
The ignorance of people blows my mind.

First of all.. You DO have a choice.

Choice A: sign a contract and get the phone for $550 LESS than full retail price. Who cares if you have to sign a "contract" if you decide to leave then sell your phone on eBay for 5x what you paid for it and stop crying.

Choice B: sign up for verizon EDGE

If you are on a more everything plan with at least 10GB or more you literally get the phone for $2 a month.

$650\24 = $27 ( rounding down the change)

Your smart phone access is $40 as is. If you do edge you get a $25 credit every month thus making the phone $2 a month.

Choice C: buy the phone FR ****.

People are never happy!

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i took advantage of this. i was thinking about switching from my t-mobile prepaid plan for a while now anyway; service has been increasingly spotty with t-mobile. slow data during peak hours, and poor reception indoors. i wound up selling my previous iphone 5s at cost and picking up a new one from verizon at the discount. factor in the fact my subsidy is really $550, and i'm only paying a few dollars a month more for better service. if i end up getting the 6, i'll have to pay full price, but i would have paid full price with t-mobile anyway, so it's kind of a wash.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you are on a more everything plan with at least 10GB or more you literally get the phone for $2 a month.
People are never happy!

But you are still locked into a 2 year contract (with the iPad). True you can get the phone on EDGE, I got my wp8 phone that way, but why lock yourself into a long contract with the iPad? Its short money I suppose but you need to vet out the details to see if its good for you.

attrep2006

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
i took advantage of this. i was thinking about switching from my t-mobile prepaid plan for a while now anyway; service has been increasingly spotty with t-mobile. slow data during peak hours, and poor reception indoors. i wound up selling my previous iphone 5s at cost and picking up a new one from verizon at the discount. factor in the fact my subsidy is really $550, and i'm only paying a few dollars a month more for better service. if i end up getting the 6, i'll have to pay full price, but i would have paid full price with t-mobile anyway, so it's kind of a wash.

You sir have a brain. It's so simple but people are to stubborn to accept the fact that everyone isn't out to get them.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012

Yeah, maybe they want to be tied to a crappier phone for 2 years just to save $100. That is called idiotic.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah, maybe they want to be tied to a crappier phone for 2 years just to save $100. That is called idiotic.
If a phone works just fine for someone (and they can get a better deal on it now), why is it idiotic not to wait for the next one that is unknown just because it's newer? Perhaps they'll sell this phone off in a bit and get a newer one later, or perhaps they are more than fine having the currently latest one for the next 2 years because it works for them. Blindly going for whatever is the newest just because, now that could be referred to as idiotic on the other hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.