Verizon Store Experience iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lifeguard, Sep 7, 2011.

1. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

With all the stories about Verizon Sales folks not encouraging people to buy the iPhone compared to other Verizon Phones I thought I would share my experience from tonight. The Wife has/had a POS LG Ally. For anyone who doesn't know it is a great little Android phone I got her when we switched to Verizon. It is well.... Lets just say a Beginner Smart Phone... not great but not the worst out there. It started really screwing up bad and after my 6th time exchanging it, YES 6 TIMES I had had enough so off to the Verizon Store we go!

The Wife prefers an actual key board and while she looked around to see if there was one she could live with I talked the sales woman into offering us an early exchange for our trouble. She said sure anything BUT the iPhone. I asked why and this was her answer "Every one of our Phones here have the Verizon Logo EXCEPT the iPhone. We make more money off the phones with our logo and Apple will not let us put our logo on the phone."
    Well long story short the wife decides she wants an iPhone and I just drop my head thinking of course she does! The one phone she can't have. 3 hours later we got off the phone with Customer Service and our sales woman says her iPhone will be delivered Tuesday! So I sarcastically say "Guess you can't wait for the iPhone 5" and the sales lady laughs and says "I hope you aren't waiting Cause that things not coming out anytime soon you fan boys are gonna have to wait a while." Now I know she doesn't have any more info than any of the rest of us but I just thought it was funny that she reacted that way.

So Cheers the the Verizon Store..... You got swayed my wife away from that little robot that's been a pain in my ass since she got that phone!
    Welcome to the dark side honey!

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

"We get more money if the phone has a Verizon logo on it"

lulwut.

Sales reps can be very misleading. I called Apple and they told me if I didn't buy the extended warranty, replacing the battery on my laptop would be $400. It's clearly stated on their website (like $129 or something like that) I don't think the extended warranty even covers batteries.

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Ugh, this is why I always go to an Apple Store to buy iPhones. I do not get why people who have Verizon seem to love to go into that god dang Verizon store to get an iPhone, instead of Apple...even if they just are a few minutes away from Apple!

AT&T users on the other hand I've noticed seems to buy iPhones from Apple vs. the AT&T store.

I think I am starting to see a trend here between cell phone service users :D

4. lifeguard thread starter macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Honestly I would have gone to the apple store (it is right downstairs) but I was dealing with the 6th replacement of a non-apple Verizon Phone.... I kinda HAD to deal with big red!
    I went to apple direct to get my iPhone.

5. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

When I went to the Verizon booth at the mall, they were happy to give me my iPhone. They didnt say anything about not buying an iPhone. I think it all depends on what kind of rep you have.

6. MacFan1701 macrumors member

Well, when the 5 comes out, I'll be getting my first iPhone through Verizon since I have a $100 credit with them on my next phone so.....yeah :p

7. blunti macrumors 6502a

i seriously doubt a csr would say anything like you fan boys are gonna be waiting for a long time".

8. lifeguard thread starter macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Well doubt all you want. And thanks for calling me a liar, like your opinion matters a damn

9. johnfnwhiteside macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

A month before they announced the new droids I had a customer service rep tell me that there would be no new droid devices anytime soon. I had another one last December tell me the iPhone wouldn't be coming to Verizon in the next year. They basically have no clue what they are talking about.

10. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Customer service knows as much as we do. This should be a rule of thumb for most companies products.

11. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

All carrier stores, even here in the UK, are full of self opinionated but poorly educated members of staff.

And if the dedicated carrier stores aren't obnoxious and annoying enough, there's always Phones 4U for the ultimate in poor shopping experience.