What happens if you turn it on without swapping the sim card? I think nothing will happen as the phone is already unlockef out the box so any sim works with it.
When you guys did it, what did you select on the Apple site? 2gb plan? Does it matter? Thinking of trying this tonight on the site.
I'm not sure what you're asking........From what I've read, when you order from the Apple site, it'll either give you the keep unlimited option OR you can just skip over it. The thing you need to make sure is this....
1. When you use your upgrade, the new sim card that comes with the phone will ultimately be the thing that changes your plan once its activated
2. The sim card follows your account, NOT the phone.
3. When you get your new iPhone DO NOT TURN IT ON!!!
4. You'll need to back up your current device and remove the sim.
5. Then, REMOVE THE SIM FROM THE NEW PHONE and discard it!!
6. Insert the sim from your old phone into the new one and then and ONLY then can you turn on the the NEW device.
7. follow the directions as normal and restore from a back up.
This should allow you to keep your UDP
Well son of a B. I'm sitting here trying to work around the system. Still not sure if I want to try this or not. But I am definitely going to research this a bit more. I've got an order from VZW with an estimated ship date of 10/24 and I need another. Just can't order through my tiered data as it's currently waiting activation.
crazy, right?! We researched the hell out of this too. I ordered all 3 phones from VZW, including the 2 on my UDP. I just never activated the sim that was sent with the phone. Just don't tell VZW what you're doing! LOL
You even ordered this in the Verizon store and it worked? They have to know people are going to do that, or at least try. I thought using the upgrade at all to get the lower price would cause you to lose the UDP. We have a tiered data phone as well as 2 basic phones. So we've just been transferring upgrades from basic to the tiered, and getting the subsidized price, then doing it again to get the second UDP line a new phone.