Verizon Wireless: -300K customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aristobrat, Apr 20, 2017.

1. aristobrat macrumors G4

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/verizons-profit-sinks-loses-wireless-subscribers-46907905

Guess that explains why Unlimited came back...

2. uwdude macrumors 6502a

T-Mobile is starting to snowball as a trendy carrier. However their rates have gone up to pretty much match the others. I went back to Verizon.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

As a longtime VZW customer, this is excellent news.

The more their feet are held to the fire, the better.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

How much is the verizon unlimited plan after taxes and fees? I know its $45 per line which is in line with T-mobile but how much do the taxes and fees add?

5. jeyf, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017

jeyf macrumors 6502

we moved to the new house and Verizon reception is way sub optimal.

6. rachelsgoldens macrumors member

I believe it's a $20 line fee plus taxes on top of the $45. I have five phones and a tablet on my plan and since they take away the discount, my bill would go up $70 per month. Not worth it as we rarely go over.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not my rates!

I'm paying the same as I was in September 2015 when I ported from Sprint. In fact, two of my data lines are free and T-Mobile gave me the devices for those lines free too.

Simple Choice plan and keeping it for as long as I can.

8. dominiongamma macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

I was on the same boat 2 simple plans costed me more now I have T-Mobile one promo that just ended with HD, 10 gb hotspot and my bill went down too with taxes included.

9. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Verizon needs to work on Pricing of their plans as well as customer service

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My bill without EIP and taxes comes out to $210 a month. Exactly what I was paying on Sprint for half of the lines I currently have.

2 iPhones with Unlimited Data and 7GB tethering per phone.
    2 iPad Air 2's with 5GB data match per iPad
    2 SyncUP Drives with 6GB/month and Data Stash (currently maxed at 20GB per line) Both devices were free and both lines are free ($70 deducted from my bill each month)
    2 older iPhones with 2GB of data/month

I don't do a lot of tethering, but when I do 7GB is more than enough. I can also use BingeOn should I choose.

11. dominiongamma macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

Ah okay, makes sense. I only have two phone lines. But simple choice makes sense for you then.

12. maverick22 macrumors 6502

This!

I called them yesterday because I was interested in some info as a potential customer. I asked 2 questions, and the rep quickly jumped to "can I continue with the credit check?" I said not yet...just want some more info. She quickly said "I really don't feel comfortable going forward." Weirdest thing to say IMO for someone in sales. Isn't it your job to answer questions? Left a bad taste in my mouth for VZ after that. Call me crazy but makes me not want to try them now and will either stay with Tmo or switch back to ATT

13. Phillyphil0302 macrumors member

Hmmm, wonder how many post paid subscribers att lost. I left att after 15 plus years with them and couldn't be happier with Verizon...faster data, call quality and definitely better customer service, granted, it's only been a month

I've received two emails from att already practically begging me to come back to them lol.

14. maverick22 macrumors 6502

What made you leave ATT? Which phone are you using now with VZ?

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Competition is great.
    All these moves are a result of Tmobile putting the pressure on the 2 big carriers.
    Hope it continues.

16. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

It's different for each plan since there are all sorts of variables, but around $20 for those taxes + surcharges for my family plan of 4.

The big hidden fee is that if you are under contract, they charge you an additional $20 per line that is under contract as a "line access fee." So normally a person is charged $20 for the LAF, but if they are under contract, it is $40 per month instead.

So if all 4 lines are under contract, then expect $80 more on top of the advertised price of 180.

17. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I'm wondering the same thing as I was a customer of AT&T since 2008 and moved to Verizon when iphne 7/7 Plus was released. I moved to Verizon because of better reception in my area. I had poor reception in side my home and at work with AT&T.

But AT&T did send me a check few month back because of the settlement that they lost against FCC in regarding to hidden charges or something like that.

18. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

You must have missed on their promo a couple months back. $70 taxes included for unlimited everything with unthrottled video and 10GB of hotspot. Plus I was lucky to get in on the hookup offer, so I only pay $56/mo.

19. barkomatic, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017

barkomatic macrumors 68040

I finally let my claws off the grandfathered AT&T unlimited data plan when Hell froze over and Verizon released their new unlimited. It worked out perfectly for me because AT&T raised the price on their grandfathered customers and when they did so I had the opportunity to break my contract with no ETF (I signed up for the very last AT&T contract option when I ordered my 6s plus)

Not only is the Verizon unlimited plan cheaper, but I can tether (couldn't do that on the grandfathered plan) and I have calling/texting/data within and to Mexico and Canada. I also have great data reception when I visit my family when I had none before under AT&T.

I think AT&T is still a great deal if you take advantage of their *new* unlimited plan that includes the cable discount/free HBO but that doesn't apply to me.

20. maverick22 macrumors 6502

Gee, I didn't hear about that offer! Nice!

21. barkomatic macrumors 68040

AT&T will eventually have an edge that Verizon doesn't right now--in that they can bundle content providers with their service plans. Obviously, they've already started to do that but I imagine the deals will get more compelling.

Maybe Verizon can strike a deal with Netflix or Hulu to do the same at some point but that's only my speculation. Verizon's edge is that they are not neglecting their network while AT&T goes through its transition.

22. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I still have my three unlimited lines for $100 on T-Mobile that includes HD streaming. Clearly I don't need three lines but I couldn't resist when they offered the extra two lines for $30 more per month. I like to use multiple phones so this was a great deal. It's nice simply looking every month and seeing a charge of exactly $100.

23. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I suspect Verizon/Comcast bundles are coming.

24. uwdude macrumors 6502a

Good luck getting those bill credits, hehe.

25. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

There are no bill credits, it's a 20% discount though, and it's already being applied