Very angry with new Retina MacBook 15 'Again, this burns!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pororom, Jul 23, 2013.

1. pororom macrumors newbie

On July 20 I bought a MacBook Pro Retina basic version 15 '(with 8 GB SSD and 256).

Well, this burning hell and I'm so pissed ... :mad:

I have read a bit on the forums dedicated to Mac and I conclude that it causes Adobe Flash.

I have also read in the forums that U.S. officials the SanDisk SSD (and in my case I have a Sandisk) gives overheating problems.

Well I do not know what to do, my brother has bought a MBA Haswell and watching videos on YouTube, etc ... no problem ... (even connected to an external monitor IPS 24 'and with the lid closed)

I bought the Retina precisely to appreciate its quality while watching videos, TV online, etc ... Internet ... and to view them you need Adobe Flash ...

Do not understand how a manufacturer known for its technology so can not their products work normally with Adobe Flash without looking like a hell ...

I have not tried to connect the external monitor ... I have fear of God!

I have to return the Mac (I have time until August 3) and replace it with a MacBook Pro without retina display?

I request appointment with a Genius to see if I changed to another with Samsung SSD?

There are other options for Mac than Adobe Flash to view videos and TV online without having to install Adobe Flash? (my first Mac and I do not know if this is possible and if it works better with an alternative browser to Safari, by the way and off topic Mail... impossible to work well with my telephone mail accounts, spain accounts).

Sorry for my English I use google translate

2. ohbrilliance macrumors 6502a

ohbrilliance

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If it is overbearing hot, go to Apple, why make a fuss instead of trying to fix the problem?

Also, if English isn't your first language, post it in your native language, I'm sure our international community will still be able to give support.

Se habla Español. Je parle français aussi.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    We ask members to post in English, as per the rules
    [Non Moderator Opinion]
    If the new laptop is not performing as you expect, i.e., too hot, then take it back and have apple look to repair it. When I buy a laptop and its not functioning, I do not try to fix it myself, but rather I call apple or visit my local apple store. That's what the warranty is for :)

5. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

Really sandisk SSD is trouble maker?
    I have 15 retina with sandisk, yes heat of this retina is over...
    and I have 15 retina first with samsung ssd, and this retina is cold, normal.

Just my suggestion or this is fact? somebody wanna share about your experience with SANDISK SSD?

6. macNwindow macrumors member

get google chrome.... you won't need to install adobe flash as a separate software. PS the over heating issue, check your smc reset and pram before you waste other people's time.

7. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

I found trouble maker :D
    "please switch your graphic card using HD4000"
    when u need Nvidia, please switch manually

please use GFXCARDSTATUS 2.3

8. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Also, Adobe Flash is a horrible piece of inefficient crap. It's not Apple's fault, they didn't write Flash.

Flash causes CPUs to spike on Windows, too...

MBPs get hot under heavy loads, it's not an SSD or Retina thing, IMO, as I've had MBPs without SSDs and without Retina burn my lap, too.

If you're concerned about the heat, do as others have suggested and take it to an Apple store to have them look at it.

9. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

10. magbarn macrumors 68000

This did WONDERS to my rMBP when it came to heat and battery life!

11. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

whattt?
    hmm, please bring your macbook to apple store or genius bar for help.
    it's a unique case and not common

12. Sym0 macrumors 6502

Sym0

Yeah mine is only hot if it's working on something, otherwise it is stone cold, even when watching HD movies, downloading stuff etc, light work.

But in Windows 7 there is always a warm patch from the dGPU (Nvidia) as it only runs on that card in windows, of course it you play a game in either OS is gets to 60 degrees within 30 sec but that is fine. All my computers get warm after a while no matter how good or bad they are.

You can't defy the laws of physics. If you do work, you have to consume engery which generates heat.