Very pleasant graphics using MDP - DVI on 52" TV

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JamesGorman, Jun 10, 2009.

1. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

I just bought my new MDP to DVI adaptor and I couldn't be happier. Im running my macbook in clamshell mode and Ive watched an HD movie At 1080P, played age of empires 3 at 1920 x 1200, at very high settings, without any stuttering what so ever, and even browsing the internet is very pleasing. Everyone said that it would be hard to browse the web and do much else than watch movies with a 52" tv but In all honesty its pretty much just as good as being on my macbook, except of course that it is a bit nicer to have all the added real estate. All-in- all im very very pleased with this adaptor and Im very glad I went out and purchased it.

2. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

I do this on my 40" lcd display too, works great, just don't sit too close or your eyes will hurt.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

For an even better experience, you can calibrate the color on your TV via the macbook and create a color profile that'll be assigned to that monitor (TV).

After I did this, the picture quality was even better!!

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Just yesterday, I finally got around to testing my MDP>DVI>HDMI connection from 17" UB to 50" Panasonic 1080p plasma (I already had the DVI>HDMI for my previous MBP). It looks great. No issues at all. I'm looking forward to a great iTunes Visualizer session :)

5. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Glad to see that others are having a good experience with it also. From all the negative things I heard Im actually very happy with my results from using the adaptor.

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Most the negative reviews seem to be with the VGA or Dual-Link adapter.

I can vouch that the VGA adapter did not work with my Samsung LN-T4065f. The TV refused to see the signal, I read around and it seems to be a ground issue with the adapter and the TV wanting different things.

The MDP-->DVI adapter has worked flawlessly for me with everything I've used it for.

7. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Now that you mention it, I remember a lot more of the issues being with the VGA adaptor.

Btw, do you all have the authentic apple adaptor;p or the monoprice one? Originally I was going to order the MDP > HDMI from monoprice, but I opted for the MDP > DVI just incase I get a monitor that does not have an HDMI port on it.