Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
i got a new 27" iMac 5k on thursday...i moved all of my data over. I shoot in RAW format which produces DNG files to work with in Lightroom and Photoshop.

On my new iMac, every preview image (after hitting the spacebar) has a line or a square of a lighter section through it. To clarify, this is not via the actual Preview application...it's what happens when you hit the spacebar while on an image.

If I move the image to my Dell external monitor right beside it the issue goes away. I pulled up the same files on my Macbook Pro (where they were) and no issue there either. Opening the image up in Lightroom is fine...no issues with the actual image. Here is a screenshot from my iMac and same image after being moved to my Dell monitor.

What in the world?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 2.00.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 2.00.43 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 2.03.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 2.03.23 PM.png
    783.6 KB · Views: 114

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
That's bizarre. I shoot Nikon and their RAW is NEF but I am unable to recreate what you have. Hoping we can help you find out what it is without a trip to the Genius Bar.

tdbrown75

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
i got a new 27" iMac 5k on thursday...i moved all of my data over. I shoot in RAW format which produces DNG files to work with in Lightroom and Photoshop.

On my new iMac, every preview image (after hitting the spacebar) has a line or a square of a lighter section through it. To clarify, this is not via the actual Preview application...it's what happens when you hit the spacebar while on an image.

If I move the image to my Dell external monitor right beside it the issue goes away. I pulled up the same files on my Macbook Pro (where they were) and no issue there either. Opening the image up in Lightroom is fine...no issues with the actual image. Here is a screenshot from my iMac and same image after being moved to my Dell monitor.

What in the world?

I had weird issues with mine, have you trued any video? Here's my thread, ended up being a bad logic board.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ssues-imovie-quicktime.1947025/#post-22452916

Tim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.