Veyronx case review w/ pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Offshore1, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Offshore1, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011

Offshore1 macrumors regular

Offshore1

I ordered a red, orange and a blue Veyronx case from seller on Aliexpress. For cases and expedited shipping, the total cost was only about $30.00 each with expedited shipping.

Fit & finish is VERY good! Size wise, it is a little less bulky than Element Pro Comp.
    No issues with reception at all, works 100% fine.

Attached Files:

2. Mixtinybox macrumors newbie

I no want to aliexpress, because there are so many sellers that you don't know who is good and who is bad... The good and the bad are intermingled.:(

3. JayJayJay macrumors member

Hence the purpose of communities such as this one and reviews such as the one above. Or am I missing something?

4. duellos macrumors member

Can u please post up some pics?? It would be nice to see them

5. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

6. Offshore1, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

Offshore1 thread starter macrumors regular

Offshore1

It is working fine for me. No issues, infact I am using my iPhone to type this

7. JayJayJay macrumors member

There is zero chance, that signal isn't affected with that design.

8. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

Maybe for a regular iPhone 4 user. For a 4S user, the signal loss is negligible as evidenced over and over by iPhone users in this forums with aluminum cases.

9. JayJayJay macrumors member

I'm an iphone 4s user, and, there is SIGNIFICANT signal degradation with my Rokbed, which is significantly more open a design than this one. Regardless of the improvements in the 4s antenna, this type case would, without question, cause signal degradation.

10. Offshore1 thread starter macrumors regular

Offshore1

I am a 4S user and have zero problems! I have the Vapor Pro, Veyronx, and e13ctron aluminum cases. I have not had issues with any of them.

The veyronx - nice case - I like it. In my office, I get low signal. I still get same amount of signal with the case or without. Also my BT works 100% as does my GPS. :apple:

Just because another case has issues does not mean this case does. :p

11. JayJayJay macrumors member

Fully aware of that, thanks, however, metal (aluminum in this case) is a BIG problem whether or not you notice any signal loss. And, the completely closed nature of this case means there will almost certainly be signal loss, especially in lower signal areas.

And, the 4s added a second antenna on the other side to compensate for some signal loss. This will do NOTHING if both sides are completely enclosed in metal (as this case is).

12. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

There should be no metal to metal contact with these cases. Do they have felt lining?

13. Offshore1, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

Offshore1 thread starter macrumors regular

Offshore1

Correct, no contact. Has some rubber like cushions inside.
    For $30 a case, it is hard to beat.

14. smiffer55 macrumors newbie

So it's a big problem, even though he says he has no signal issues? Crazy how you know he's having problems even though he says he's not.

15. JayJayJay macrumors member

Perhaps English isn't your first language. Or, perhaps you are purposely putting words in my mouth. But, what I MEANT (and I'm fairly certain that you are in the minority in terms of understanding what I meant) is that, if you are in a low signal area, and you put a case of this type on your phone, you WILL notice signal degradation. It's possible he's in an area with a very strong signal, where he NOTICES less attenuation (but I will guarantee that it's still there).

Either way, it's a problem, whether or not he notices (or possibly cares to admit on here...for whatever reason).

Signal attenuation with metal cases is not an imaginary problem. It's VERY real. The new iphone antenna wasn't intended to fix the problem of signal attenuation from metal cases. It was meant to fix the problem with "death grip."

So, thanks again for putting words in my mouth, however, try reading more carefully what is posted from now on.

16. njaremka macrumors 6502

a "little" off topic... where did you get that apple decal?

17. Offshore1 thread starter macrumors regular

Offshore1

Ebay

18. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

These cases are original designs that are likely from the same plant that produces knock-offs.

Do you honestly think that all they make are knock-offs? They have the ability to make their own cases and indeed they do.

If it's a knock-off it gets complaints. If it's an original design, people speculate that it's a knock-off. Can't win with you guys.

A simple Google Fu will reveal that these are Chinese authentics. Obviously takes design cues from Element though.

19. slapppy macrumors 65816

No signal loss is highly suspect. I checked youtube and nobody has a review of these. You haven't done a field test to see how the aluminum cage affects it.

20. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

Somebody already mentioned there is degradation no matter what. More noticeably in weak signal areas even with the 4S.

That is true. This case will be even worse for 4 users. If you live in a strong signal area, you won't have problems... until you travel to a weak area at least.

21. kppolich macrumors 6502

kppolich

Just got my blue, looks lovely on the white 4S. Wish I could get the company branding off-any ideas? Tried acetonitrile, acetone, ethanol, and methanol, with no luck

A little signal deg, but not too bad.

Does anyone have a black one they are looking to get rid of?

22. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

On the contrary, my vapor pro has absolutely 0 affect on signal. I always have 5 bars with my iphone 4s when im outside, and when I'm in buildings that block phone signals my phone will drop to 2-3 bars. 2-3 bars is exactly what my girlfriend gets on her iphone 3gs in the same place. According to your theory I should have 1 or no bars but that is obviously not true. I recommend the vapor pro (can't say about other aluminum cases... haven't tried em). Like I've said many times before to haters, Just because it doesn't work for YOU doesn't mean it doesn't work for everyone else. Tons of us are using aluminum cases with no issues. But thats what really pisses you off isn't it, cuz you just loooong to have that sweet aluminum on your phone without problems ;)

23. daddyd302 macrumors member

daddyd302

To anyone that owns this product, any update on how this case is doing? How's the quality holding up?

24. newone757 macrumors 6502

smh @ people that actually use "bars" to try and measure signal loss. If you only knew how inaccurate you are. Its great you can hold on to 5 bars constantly, however, that fact helps NOBODY becuase it is not an accurate measure of signal. Dial *3001#12345#* into your phone so that your bars change to numbers. The lower the number the worse (note that the numbers are negative). That is the true measurement of signal, stop with this bars non-sense

[​IMG]

as you can see, a 20 dB drop in signal wont affect people with 5 bars, but will render a 3 bar phone useless.