Video artifacts on right side of the monitor if 10.14.1 or 10.14.2 are installed

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by CC88, Dec 13, 2018.

1. CC88 macrumors member

Dear all,
    I'm stuck on a problem I have with macOS Mojave.

If I install 10.14 all is ok. Whenever I install 10.14.1 or 10.14.2 after restart I have video artifacts on the right side of the monitor scrolling wifi menu, or volume, data etc etc.

They are similar to horizontal scan lines but starting from the menu to the right side of the monitor. I can't film those lines because as soon as I start monitor registration with Mojave integrated function they don't appear.

They are also not present inside virtual machine.

Maybe if interest I can try to film the monitor with my iphone.

Any help, hints or suggestion? I can't get rid of the problem. I have already changed my miniDP to DP cable.

I have no problem at all in High Sierra nor in 10.14. I only have problem after installing Mojave .1 or .2.

My machine is a nMP 12-core, 32gb of ram and dual D700 card and my monitor is an LG 32UD60-B.

Thanks a lot.

Claudio.

2. photomek macrumors newbie

photomek

Hi,

I have exactly the same issues since upgrading to 10.14.1 or 10.14.2. I think it's since 10.14.2, but I am not sure about this. My machine is a nMP 4-core, 16gb of ram and dual D500 card and my monitor is a NEC EA244UHD (4k).

First I thought I am running into a hardware problem but after finding and reading your post I am a little relaxed. :)

So it's likely to be a software problem, that is going to be fixed in near time. I will keep you updated if something changes.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 13, 2018 ---
    I've reported the problem to Apple now.

3. CC88, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

CC88 thread starter macrumors member

Wow thank you very much for answering Thomas.

So it’s a software problem and I don’t need to change my monitor for another one. I’m relaxed too after your answer. I will patiently wait a solution in 10.14.3 now.

Please keep me update so we can check together those annoying problem.

All the best,
    Claudio.

4. CC88 thread starter macrumors member

Dear all

Does anyone tryed the new 10.14.3? Is the problem still present?

5. photomek macrumors newbie

photomek

6. CC88 thread starter macrumors member

Damn!!! I have not tried yet. But if it doesn't fix your I think it doesn't fix also on my side. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

7. CC88 thread starter macrumors member