Video Depicts Likely Fake iPhone X-Style 'iPhone SE 2'

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2016
the pool
I'm thinking 2 things, it's either an iPhone X in a different housing, or it's a jailbroken iPhone SE in a different housing

mrklaw

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2008
SE had pretty high end specs for when it launched. Although it is a lower cost device I can see Apple wanting to update - at some point the older tech will start to get expensive if it has to be produced on legacy larger nodes etc. For supply chain reasons it may be worth them updating it.

But I doubt they'd have twin cameras or OLED - it may have faceID and edge to edge if they want to align the design across the whole family.

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
We must remember the SE is essentially an entry level iPhone to entice users to eventually upgrade to their more expensive models.

The SE 2 would not have dual camera system nor Face ID. Apple would most likely keep Touch ID (maybe incorporate Touch ID from the 7/8 models). Though it would be nice to have Apple keep the same form factor as the original SE, just upgrade the internals.

AmazingRobie

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
I wasn't aware that fakes could run the iOS and be so fluid. If this truly is a fake, I'd wish someone in Japan would get to work on a computer with PC components that runs the latest macOS natively with no configuration problems like a hackintosh. I would buy one in a heartbeat if it ran final cut smoothly and was able to install all of my programs 100%...and didn't burn my house down.

Also, if there's a notch on the next SE, when it's time to upgrade...it will be the end of Apple phones for this household. #ousttimcooknow