Video MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exhibit.b, Mar 29, 2009.

1. exhibit.b macrumors regular

Maybe I'm a little behind but did anyone else notice that you can receive video messages too? I didn't see anyone mention this.

2. gigidey macrumors member

I did'nt know this, are there any pictures or videos of this out there?

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Well MMS do also send/receive videos normally so this doesn't surprise me at all. It would be disappointing if it didn't have it since it wouldn't be 100% MMS:p

4. exhibit.b thread starter macrumors regular

5. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

interesting...that scrub bar at the top reminds me of iMove, lol

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

[​IMG]

If these are genuine...
    Scrub bar - Now that is interesting. With Apple showing an audio recording app that does trim - why not have one that does video trim? Apple seems to have not shown video related iPhone information, though there are hints it's coming at WWDC.

The audio control/video control hasn't been really optimal on the iPhone - it'll be interesting to see how they've changed it beyond the fized multi-second skip forward/skip back button.

This is far more interesting than MMS - as the scrub feature and more is likely to be linked to video creation and playback/editing.

I wish they'd have a control more like the expanding dock - as you could then more easily scrub forward or backward a little bit with more control, rather than jumping in blocky amounts minutes, rather than seconds.

7. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I'm shocked this hasn't been discovered yet.... this is bound to be on all tech blogs within the hour.

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

imho, this is more proof/hints that the new phone will support video capture.

9. Apple iKid macrumors regular

This just shows more that future iPhones will probably support video. I am already excited for the next release, its time for an upgrade.

10. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Interesting stuff. I wonder if received MMS images and videos will be transferable to a computer when you sync with iTunes.

11. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

+1, why are non-apple blog reading techies so clueless.

Take this article for example...
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/1047...the-day-apple-videophone.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEFI

Shouldn't this guy know that Apple doesn't show their hand all the time? Has he not seen any of the screen shots relating to video capture and sending on the iPhone? I'm so tired of "The Street" being so clueless when it comes to AAPL, Jim Goldman included.

12. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

how has no one mentioned this yet? this seems pretty epic for something being just now figured out

13. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

Questions:

1. Where did these pictures come from?
    2. I thought the 3.0 beta did not include functional MMS?
    3. If these are from you, how did you test this out (did someone send you a video, did you take the video with your iPhone, etc.)?
    4. Under your post where you posted two pictures, on the first picture, what does the blue arrow on the right allow you to do?
    5. Does it also allow you to send embed YouTube as video MMS?

On a side note, I wish they would just freakin give us a new Finder icon that gives a central location to house photos, video, music, etc and would also act as a place to store, for example, videos received through MMS.

14. Asar macrumors regular

15. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

16. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

17. exhibit.b thread starter macrumors regular

There is a thread on here about getting MMS to work on your iphone. All I did was switch my card to a different phone. Then went online and changed my messaging plan, then put my sim card back in my iphone. I asked my brother to send me a pic to test it out and he accidentally sent me a video instead. Whenever someone sends you a mms message the blue arrow will show up next to it allowing you to view it in full screen. And I have not yet tried to send a youtube video.

18. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Could you post a video on YouTube?

19. exhibit.b thread starter macrumors regular

I'll try to do that tomorrow.

And about embedding a youtube video in a message, a doubt that would work. To me it looks like the media player for the videos received through mms is a separate media player than the youtube and the safari media player. My only reasoning is because of the scrub bar.

20. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I think the scrub bar has HUGE implications for potential iMovie like editing on an iPhone or iPhone-esque device (5-7 inch iPod touch anyone?)

I posted a video with my thoughts and spreading the word of the thread if you all want to check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwAmVlwwWE

21. michael31986 macrumors 68030

so u can only send a video if someone who has video recording on phone sends u it first. iPhones don't record video I'm confused LOL

22. WolverineGuy macrumors member

Sorry, I'm a bit of a mac noob...what is a scrub bar?

23. Vonswanko macrumors regular

Not that its video mms, but I was able to receive an animated mms. A little guy hopping up and down saying angry.

24. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

A weird Apple word for the progress node of an audio or video track (the thingy you drag forward or backward to jump forward or backward).

There is also a "new" looking scrub bar for audio books and video podcasts in 3.0b. It has instructions that pop up on the screen when you press and hold on it. Very interesting.

25. Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

I agree. if it only sent PICTURES they would have to call it PMS. :D

**ducks behind desk.**