Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bender999

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Austin
So all over YouTube people post videos of what's happening on their phones. They are recording video of the screen. Some people are able to insert their own sound while we can also hear the sound coming from the phones.

After searching around, it seems that this isn't an app you can find in the app store which makes me think that Apple does not allow this capability and people are doing it without the consent of Apple?

Why doesn't Apple allow apps that record video of the screen?

If I'm wrong about all this, can someone direct me to the app or program all these phone videographers are using? I have found Reflector 2, but it's not an app for the phone, and also Vidyo app but that looks misleading.

Thank you.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
You have to use Mac or PC to record the iPhone screen. With iMac the most simple way is to use the build in QuickTime player connect your iPhone to the iMac /MacBook via USB , start QuickTime player , and chose the screen recording for that device from the QuickTime menu.

bender999

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Austin
You have to use Mac or PC to record the iPhone screen. With iMac the most simple way is to use the build in QuickTime player connect your iPhone to the iMac /MacBook via USB , start QuickTime player , and chose the screen recording for that device from the QuickTime menu.

I have QuickTime on my PC. I will try with that. Then if that doesn't work I will try this Reflector 2 program and report back here. I may also have time to ask some of the YouTubers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.