Video recording of iPhone screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bender999, Oct 21, 2016.

1. bender999 macrumors newbie

So all over YouTube people post videos of what's happening on their phones. They are recording video of the screen. Some people are able to insert their own sound while we can also hear the sound coming from the phones.

After searching around, it seems that this isn't an app you can find in the app store which makes me think that Apple does not allow this capability and people are doing it without the consent of Apple?

Why doesn't Apple allow apps that record video of the screen?

If I'm wrong about all this, can someone direct me to the app or program all these phone videographers are using? I have found Reflector 2, but it's not an app for the phone, and also Vidyo app but that looks misleading.

Thank you.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Privacy is somewhere in the answer to this one...

3. myname70 macrumors 6502a

You have to use Mac or PC to record the iPhone screen. With iMac the most simple way is to use the build in QuickTime player connect your iPhone to the iMac /MacBook via USB , start QuickTime player , and chose the screen recording for that device from the QuickTime menu.

4. Nanotyrns macrumors 6502a

Nanotyrns

5. bender999 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have QuickTime on my PC. I will try with that. Then if that doesn't work I will try this Reflector 2 program and report back here. I may also have time to ask some of the YouTubers.