Video Walkthrough of New Features and Changes in iOS 10 Beta 2

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 5, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Today's release of the second developer beta of iOS 10 brought a number of tweaks and improvements, and we'll undoubtedly see more as Apple continues through the development and testing process ahead of a full public release likely in September.

In addition to the tidbits we listed in our original coverage, we've also put together this overview video to help highlight some of the changes and new features in the second beta. It takes a look at the new Messages App Store with some sticker packs from Apple, changes to the Control Center 3D Touch actions, Apple's new organ donor signup, and more.

For additional details on new features coming in iOS 10, make sure to check out our iOS 10 roundup. Also, don't miss out on our previous videos covering the first beta version of iOS 10:

- WWDC 2016 Overview in Seven Minutes
    - iOS 10's Overhauled Lockscreen
    - The New iOS 10 Photos App
    - The New iOS 10 Messages App
    - iOS 10 Hidden Features
    - iOS 10's Redesigned Apple Music Experience
    - 3D Touch in iOS 10
    - The New Home App for Controlling HomeKit Devices
    - iOS 10's Revamped News App
    - Hands-On With Apple's Redesigned Maps App in iOS 10

Article Link: Video Walkthrough of New Features and Changes in iOS 10 Beta 2

2. JonneyGee macrumors 6502

JonneyGee

3. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

What's with the duplicate tracks in the music app? Is that a bug or is the library wonky on the demo phone?

4. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

This is so stable! Beta 1 was pretty good and I've used this beta for a little while, seems much better so far.

5. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

Thanks for these videos. Wish I had the guts to install a beta on my only phone o_O

6. Tech198 macrumors G5

Jesus cherry whiskers!! Apple's doin' my head in... I wish Apple would stop moving stuff around between OS versions..

"If u are using iOS <10 u'll find this option in General, but above, u'll find it over there ..."

Other features look good... but the Downloads have been renamed so many times across iOS and ITunes I'm currently keeping count how many times its changed name :)

7. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

Beta 2, at least in the past, has been the most troublesome beta stage. They usually get daily driver ready by beta 4 for the masses. I stopped using betas because I don't know anyone who uses them and the new features are wasted since no one I know can see them.

8. Populus macrumors 6502a

Populus

I like that 'rest finger to unlock' option.
    Hopefully it will work with all Touch ID devices, even the iPhone 5S and SE.

This option will make unlocking your device much more quick and easy.
    And... maybe this gives us a glimpse of the upcoming iPhone 7 with no physical home button?

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The snooze function bug has been fixed in the latest beta.

10. Time Less macrumors 6502

Time Less

How does this work exactly?

11. DougieMac, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

DougieMac macrumors newbie

DougieMac

Issue found... Landscape videos still are not playing

12. roosta macrumors regular

roosta

where can i find those notebooks they have in the video?

13. mildocjr macrumors 65816

After watching the video, all I really want to know is how the screen is fingerprint free.

14. russelljc3737 macrumors newbie

russelljc3737

The rotation lock icon in Control Center is now Red when selected. It appears they added colors to Do Not Disturb, and Airplane mode also.

15. CanadianGuy macrumors member

CanadianGuy

Biggest change I see in iOS 10, beta 2, is that the App Store now updates apps with multiple AppleID's without having to logout/in over & over.

As a developer, I use multiple accounts to access the stores in different countries (some clients only release their apps to the US store, others only to the Canadian store). Now, all of them will just update, even ones for accounts I'm not currently signed in with!

16. DougieMac macrumors newbie

DougieMac

Now you have to have your iPhone unlocked to import pics and videos to iPhoto I noticed.

17. SixSlinger macrumors regular

SixSlinger

The lock icon turned red in b1 as well. Can't recall if the other icons turned colorful or not

18. DougieMac macrumors newbie

DougieMac

Im glad to hear Mickey and his girl tell the time now. Just wish it was louder.

19. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

This has been the case on iOS 9 for a while. I put a couple of my apps on my girlfriend's iPhone and they update correctly without my having to sign in.

20. Junipr, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

Junipr macrumors regular

Junipr

21. Ferc Kast macrumors regular

Ferc Kast

They also enabled the rich notification view from the 6s and 6s Plus for non-3D Touch devices.

22. 0000111 macrumors member

I imagine the home button will be a capacitive ring + touchID sensor that is flush, and only gives "Taptic" feedback when pressed, like the latest gen trackpads.

Pretty similar concept to the 3 software buttons at the bottom of Android phones, actually -- just a dedicated touch surface with haptic feedback.

23. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

24. Omega Mac macrumors 6502

Let the organ harvesting begin! Was this for the Chinese market? :eek::cool::confused: