Virtual Reality

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"My Own Private Idaho”
So how many people still use their PSVR on a regular basis? I returned mine four weeks after I bought it at launch, and I have seen no reason to regret it. It's just so much of a hassle to use in my living room, and the games simply are not there for me. I was rightfully wary when Sony stopped calling them "games" and started calling them "experiences". :D

How are the Skyrim and Doom VR versions? Do they feature free movement, or 90 degree turning jumps like some other games?
The only reason I haveen't really used mine much is because of my new job.

Doom VR has either free movement or jumps - depending on your own preference.

My only dissappointment is what happened to Star Wars Battlefront VR games? Star Wars is one of the reasons I bought the psvr...

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Got me the Aim Controller a couple of weeks ago. This thing is so much fun, but I still keep getting sick when moving around too fast :-( Playing Arizona Sunshine with it, killing zombies is fun! :-D

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
I'm pretty tempted by PSVR. Feedback on the graphics/resolution has me a little worried—not that I've always had the best graphics as a primarily Nintendo gamer.

What do you guys think?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"My Own Private Idaho”
I'm pretty tempted by PSVR. Feedback on the graphics/resolution has me a little worried—not that I've always had the best graphics as a primarily Nintendo gamer.

What do you guys think?
Loved it more than I thought I would and jumped on the chance to get all my money back from a PS4 Slim purchase to upgrade to a PS4 Pro.

If you are worried of graphics/resolution, then a Pro is definitely the way to go - since the screens are just inches from your head...

Sammy80

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2015
I never got into my psvr. I think I had unrealistic expectations for what the experience was going to be like. I had no way to test one so I grabbed one on sale and a bunch of games. I was surprised on how limited my field of view was like scuba goggles and the resolution was not what I was expecting. My main issue though is the field of view and from what I have read all VR makers have this issue. Maybe I watch to much Star Trek. I also wish it had more aaa games. Beat saber,resident evil and moss where fun though. I really did try to like it more. My wife really enjoys it however.

Reactions: a2jack