Virtual Torture

c3mdigital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2011
I don't understand why Apple can't just announce a release date. When Windows 7 launched the media was notified of an exact release date weeks in advance.

This is one area where Apple is doing it wrong.

Since they can't torture us by making us wait in line for hours the've created this virtual torture. I'm sure they see the hundred of articles about all the rumored release times why don't they just give us a freaking date already.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't understand why this needs a thread. It's a ****ing OS, exciting, sure but not even remotely "torture" because we don't know the release date.

Comment

saba01

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2011
I don't understand why Apple can't just announce a release date. When Windows 7 launched the media was notified of an exact release date weeks in advance.

Since they can't torture us by making us wait in line for hours the've created this virtual torture. I'm sure they see the hundred of articles about all the rumored release times why don't they just give us a freaking date already.
If you like Windows, use Windows and be happy to have a date when something is NOT woking....

Comment

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
lol, it's not such a big deal. It would be great if Apple just announced it, by now they should know the date. But Apple is like this, they like surprises apparently. I don't mind, it's annoying but in an exciting way, like Christmas :D

Comment

7even

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2008

Did you just get a Mac or something? This has been Apple's MO for quite a few years.

Comment

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Apple have done this for ages.

You could get some perspective and realise it's really not that important, and calling it torture is quite ridiculous.

Comment

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Apple doesn't announce the release date because it's too interesting for Jobs to read threads like this, and the "Lion will be released___________" threads! :rolleyes:

Comment

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK

Just download and install the GM and stop worrying. Apple have shot themselves in the foot here (in my opinion) so another illegal installation isn't going to make any difference.

Comment

DreamscapeRuins

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2011
Inside your mind

Virtual "torture" is a bit of an overstatement. Its not that big of a deal. Exciting, yes. I cant wait for it to come out myself.

But patience is golden. And theres a reason why "Microsoft does it one way and apple does it another."

Wanna know why? Because Microsoft isn't Apple. They're two different companies and they do things different ways. Besides, if we knew about Lion way back in May, it'd take the fun out of waiting.

Comment

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Strange, the guy next door doesn't even know about this. And he's got a Mac too.

I suspect he's got better things to do, though.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.