Virtual Torture

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by c3mdigital, Jul 14, 2011.

1. c3mdigital macrumors newbie

I don't understand why Apple can't just announce a release date. When Windows 7 launched the media was notified of an exact release date weeks in advance.

This is one area where Apple is doing it wrong.

Since they can't torture us by making us wait in line for hours the've created this virtual torture. I'm sure they see the hundred of articles about all the rumored release times why don't they just give us a freaking date already.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't understand why this needs a thread. It's a ****ing OS, exciting, sure but not even remotely "torture" because we don't know the release date.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

We can tell the OP that the release date is July 31 and if it comes before then they can get excited.

4. saba01 macrumors member

If you like Windows, use Windows and be happy to have a date when something is NOT woking....

5. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

lol, it's not such a big deal. It would be great if Apple just announced it, by now they should know the date. But Apple is like this, they like surprises apparently. I don't mind, it's annoying but in an exciting way, like Christmas :D

6. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

If it's that big a deal to you just purchase the developer package for $99.

7. 7even macrumors 6502a

Did you just get a Mac or something? This has been Apple's MO for quite a few years.

8. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Apple have done this for ages.

You could get some perspective and realise it's really not that important, and calling it torture is quite ridiculous.

9. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Apple doesn't announce the release date because it's too interesting for Jobs to read threads like this, and the "Lion will be released___________" threads! :rolleyes:

10. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

Just download and install the GM and stop worrying. Apple have shot themselves in the foot here (in my opinion) so another illegal installation isn't going to make any difference.

11. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

Virtual "torture" is a bit of an overstatement. Its not that big of a deal. Exciting, yes. I cant wait for it to come out myself.

But patience is golden. And theres a reason why "Microsoft does it one way and apple does it another."

Wanna know why? Because Microsoft isn't Apple. They're two different companies and they do things different ways. Besides, if we knew about Lion way back in May, it'd take the fun out of waiting.

12. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Strange, the guy next door doesn't even know about this. And he's got a Mac too.

I suspect he's got better things to do, though.

13. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Don't most of us?

14. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

We should be able to vote down entire threads before we even see them.

15. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I'll shed you a virtual tear if it makes it any faster for you.

16. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

"Virtual torture." :rolleyes: Get a life man, and no, not a virtual one either.