Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
I have installed RealVNC Server on my Windows XP computer, I have tried multiple VNC clients on my Mac to connect to it and nothing seems to work. Is there something im missing? Anyone else use VNC to control their PC from Mac? Which Server do you use on the PC, and which Client on the Mac. I am currently using a KVM and want to upgrade to an iMac so I can't use it as a display for my IBM so I need this to work. Thanks

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I use Chicken of the VNC on my Mac to connect to my parent's PC running RealVNC Server. Works over an internet connection between Boston area and the midwest, so I'm guessing it'd work for you.

Note that you need to be sure any firewall software is set up to allow the traffic through.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Im using that server and client, and it doesn't seem to work. I'll read that other thread and see.
jsw said:
I use Chicken of the VNC on my Mac to connect to my parent's PC running RealVNC Server. Works over an internet connection between Boston area and the midwest, so I'm guessing it'd work for you.

Note that you need to be sure any firewall software is set up to allow the traffic through.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.