Voice Control....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ofiaich, Oct 5, 2009.

1. ofiaich macrumors member

ofiaich

Hi everyone!

A search didn't seem to show much on this... so I was wondering do you all use Voice Control?

I have switched it to English and I am getting some crazy results. Oh! I speak BBC English so maybe that's why..:p

I said 'Play...Queen' and the reply from the iPhone was 'Call Gordon Brown, multiple numbers'.... ( something like that. )

I am worried to try because on one occasion, I said 'play..' and it started to dial my friends phone and I didn't even say a name...

Please tell me your experiences of Voice Control!!

ofiaich

2. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Try saying "Play Music Queen"

I've got a stammer so I don't use it much,

3. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

While its a nice feature that a lot of people wanted... i have used it ZERO times. I tried a few but that was it.

4. raven77 macrumors member

Just for future reference, a few is more then ZERO!

5. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

Good for voice dialing from your phone...

6. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I usually say 'play music by (artist)' and that typically works. the only issue I have with it is how it mispronounces some artists, like kanye west, although I don't listen to him much any more due to his rudeness at the VMA's

7. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

ive used it a few times from my bluetooth head set in the car. always works fine dialing a name, not so good when speaking a number to it, never tried with music as i dont put any on my iPhone!

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I use it everyday. Keeps me moving at work where I have to continuously call people (work related)

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

10. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

It works for me not a problem. I do have to be particular about how I say things though. Accents probably send it for a loop.

11. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I got a new set of clubs a few weeks ago I've tried them by swinging them but I haven't hit a ball with them. So I have tried them a few times but used them ZERO.

12. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

+1

I use it to make phone calls, but have found it pretty much useless for controlling the iPod.

13. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

no. you've still used them, just not how they are intended to be used. you could have been swinging them at mailboxes for all we know. that's still using them. same principle applies here. trying and using are the same thing. because to try them requires using them

14. sfditty macrumors regular

I use it all the time in my car, both for music and calls. It works pretty well for me- not fantastic, nowhere near perfect, but worthwhile. It helsp to speak very clearly, right into the microphone. I've people from England (or did they say GB) in this or some other forum complaining about it not understanding their accent though.