Voice Memo's App - Really? That's what apple has to offer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean Dempsey, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Terrible icon, TERRIBLE graphic inside app, and something that was readily available and WELL DONE by other apps already on the app store, some for free?

You can't tell me you open that up and see that terrible microphone graphic and not think it was some contest at a high school to see who could use gradients the best to make a 3d object?

Worthless app is worthless. And ugly. And we can't remove it from our screen.

2. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I agree that other apps out there LOOK nicer (SpeakEasy), but there's a simple charm to the Apple one. For some reason, touching the mic makes teh needle move too.

3. dseig001 macrumors member

Quit whining and put it on the last page of your apps

4. DarkJaye macrumors member

It does seem like a rushed concept. I'm not a fan of the button you use to access your list of voice memos, it's not really apparent what it does at first.

5. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I only have 2 pages of apps.

6. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Then that would probably tell you to put it on the second page. Considering that is your last page after all

7. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

the worst thing about the voice memos app is that it forced itself onto the first page. the app that was occupying the last spot on my front page got bumped to the 2nd page (now with only 1 app on it), and my entire 2nd page got bumped back to the 3rd page. talk about annoying.

8. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

You people whinge about the stupidest things sometimes.

9. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

I welcome the app because I can easily record my lectures and sync them with iTunes. There are a few problems though. The buttons rarely register my touches on the first or even second try. I find myself touching either button at least 3-4 times before it actually registers. Also, after recording a 45 minute lecture I exit the voice memos app and my phone just lags like no other. It takes about 10-15 minutes to semi-recover.

10. chriszzz macrumors 6502

Don't you guys just hate it when companies add functionality for free to devices you already own. It makes me so mad I love to complain online about it.

11. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Yes but now with MMS Apple had to make their own as they won't allow any other 3rd party recorders to send a text message - thank god for sandboxed apps, right?

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Had Apple not put any voice recording app on there, I can hear "WHY DIDN'T APPLE GIVE US A VOICE RECORDING APP?" **** and go buy iPro Recorder or one of the other thousands of voice recorders out there.

13. soonerfan macrumors member

LMAO

14. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I think people are just running out of things to complain about.. hopefully this trend will fade out in a few weeks... probably not. :(

15. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

16. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I don't think mandatory, forced on you software is considered free.

I am emailing steve about this.

17. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

My Voice Memos icon hasn't been moving itself, but I agree one function would make it the best App out there: The ability to record phone calls! If it could do that, then I would love it.

18. adampol15 macrumors member

adampol15

I love how on these forums when something isn't USEFUL to you, it's complete crap. You know, more people own the iPhone rather then you. Not all of us use the Stocks App; however, it's there and could VERY easily be turned into an Application.

Lets me thankful that Apple always gives us more then we ask for...seriously..

I really don't get it...:confused:

19. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

I'm with you, brother. How dare Apple improve the iPhone without personally asking for my permission.

</sarcasm>

20. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I guess the point of forums really is to rant and ask stupid questions =/

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yay another app i cant delete when i already had a voice memo ap i could delete if i wanted

thats illegal in some states

22. DEdwards2204 macrumors member

DEdwards2204

Just wait until there is a jailbreak for the final software. (If there isn't already) Then you can use SBS Pref's to make the icon disappear.

23. slapppy macrumors 65816

Its a first rev, and it runs in the background. So you can "multi-task" while it records your meetings or lectures. :)

24. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

You can't argue that VoiceMemos is completely useless since it offers functionality which was previously impossible. You can sync with iTunes and it runs in the background (unlike all other voice recording applications).

I don't find voice recording to be useful, but I'm not such a narrow minded jerk to be so flustered over something which is not detrimental to my own experience.

You have to be really arrogant to be this vocal about such a trivial thing.

25. LEGALROMA macrumors member

Honestly why jailbreak? theres nothin left!

Unless you want another carrier its a joke now...........cycorder?

The nintendo emulater would be nice but its going to be there at some point.