Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kelowna77

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
Wind mobile confirmed that they do not actually support the type of visual voicemail that this requires I think so wind probably won't have it for a while LOL

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
It will be rediculous if this is a carrier side setting because carries can be really slow and political about this kind of thing. Can't see why the phone can't just do the speech to text locally.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
I'm AT&T in the US and all of my VMs going back months were transcribed after the first night I upgraded to iOS 10.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
THREE UK Say..

Hi Paul

Thanks for your tweet.

We don't have any plans to introduce Visual Voicemail and we don't have any information on the new iOS feature. Sorry about this >SL

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I wonder if it's exclusive to the 6s and up line? Anyone's here seen it working on the 6 or below?
That would be very annoying. Anyone know if these messages are being transcribed on device (with help from Apple's servers if you opt in) or entirely on server? If on device, then that might explain it if 6s/6s+ only.

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
That would be very annoying. Anyone know if these messages are being transcribed on device (with help from Apple's servers if you opt in) or entirely on server? If on device, then that might explain it if 6s/6s+ only.
It is on device only. That is what Apple was Stressing at WWDC.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
If it's device only (which it is) why is visual voicemail needed at all?

Wow. Think about this. If you don't have visual voicemail how on earth is your phone going to access and listen to your voicemail. Without vv you normally have to dial a number, go through a menu etc. With vv your phone downloads an audio file of the voicemail

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Wow. Think about this. If you don't have visual voicemail how on earth is your phone going to access and listen to your voicemail. Without vv you normally have to dial a number, go through a menu etc. With vv your phone downloads an audio file of the voicemail
You're probably correct, but try accessing your voicemails without a phone connection. Understandable error...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.