Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Do you use any case with your iPhone 4?

• Yes

Votes: 218 68.1%
  • No

Votes: 102 31.9%

• Total voters

Psycdude

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2008
No case, although I have a bumper.
I Probably should start using one, as I've dropped it on to asphalt from the back of my car at least 3 times. Always when I finish surfing.
So far it seems pretty tough to me (although my sister shattered hers).
Just very minor chips on the edges that I would have to use a powerful macro lens to show.

Comment

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Yes, although it's not much of a case. I've got an Incipio Feather. It's more for gripping the phone and not having it slide around when I place it down.

Comment

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
I don't like to brag but I think I have the best case.

It's simply rubber one from the kiosk in the mall :p

Comment

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
naked, 5 or 6 drops with no damage, light scratching on the front that can really only be seen in dreict sunlight.

Comment

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
my 3G was ALWAYS in a case... my 4 has yet to see one.

I LOVE the feel of the naked 4.... I've had mine for just under a month and it does have 1 small scratch on the back, other then that it's 100% mint.

I have only dropped it on to carpeted surfaces though...

I will probably cry the first time it hits cement...

Comment

Chunkycat

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
No case, but I have front and back PS films and Lucky Labs wraps.
I do have 2 bumpers waiting for their turn. :)

Comment

getatkyill

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2008
Taunton, MA
No way on the case, takes the look away, too much of a pain to clean everyday and if your not careful and don't clean the thing..lints, dust, etc will get in between the case & the phone and scratch the hell out of it.

I've had no scratches or drops, been using it naked for little over a month now.

Comment

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I use a case because I'd like to avoid paying $199 for a cracked glass screen or back--I drop my phone at least twice a year on the sidewalk. I have a pixelskin case as well as a screen protector.

Comment

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
Yes, especially after seeing what happens when it drops on concrete. I use a clear Belkin case from the free case program, and before that, I used a rubber one.

Comment

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
When I went out to a nice dinner, I've tried it a couple of hours without a case, and I really like it. It's smaller, thinner, and definitely cooler looking, especially in public. ;)

But I've heard stories about microscratches that end up all over the glass, let alone real scratches that can happen with or without hitting other objects like keys, coins, belt buckle, zipper, or whatever.

I had the Invisible Shield, but the corners always lift after a while and it gets really dirty and ugly.

It's because of that that I'll reluctantly return to a case.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.