Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who is seriously think about to go away from Apple?

• to Windows

Votes: 33 13.9%
  • to Linux

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • everything ok. stay with Apple

Votes: 137 57.8%
  • im frustrated and stay with Apple

Votes: 59 24.9%

• Total voters

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I hate being stuck with giant phones, but there isn't anywhere to switch that doesn't have the same problem. Macs are fine, and I don't see a real need to switch to anything else. Computers got to where just about any model is good enough for me a few years ago.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I'll probably never move away from Apple but I do have several Android phones and a Surface Pro 3 besides my three Macs and various iPhones.

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Sometimes I think about the direction Apple has moved with their laptops and feel irritated because I enjoy the OS very much but their hardware philosophy makes waves. I think I may sooner just buy a new mac every two years and eat a $100-150 loss yearly after resale and a subsequent rebuy if I am to stay with Apple. I guess that isn't to bad for keeping up to date on hardware.

My current mac has only lasted me because I've been able to easily service things such as ram, fan assembly, battery, hard drive, hinge, etc. I know with the direction Apple is going this is a thing of the past. I've always been about getting as much as I can out of every purchase, not wasting hardware. Though macs are much more recyclable than they have ever been in the past, I don't like how disposable they've become with glue and soldered everything.

I guess time will tell if I go the sell + rebuy cycle and eat the difference, or just go elsewhere.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
I'm definitely not Apple obsessed anymore. For the fact that Apple replaced my 2013 rMBP after many issues, I would have a PC laptop now. But I've sold my rMB, Apple watch, iPad and don't miss any of them. At the moment am using a rMBP as my staying home computer and SP 3 for portability. I do like iOS and Android so i plan on keeping my 2 phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: grahamperrin

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I did not say this in my other post in this thread, but to go from Apple to Windows or say Android, Windows/Android would have to offer something better. What would that better be?

I am using Windows 10 which works fine so far, but still it's Windows and I'm counting down the days until a clean install is required (which I've had to do with every version of Windows except, 8 which I never installed). My comfort and confidence in the MacOS has never been higher.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I agree to a point. The 5K is pretty cool and I think that's progressive not regressive. Some of the hardware is not the best, i.e., AMD GPU, 5400 rpm drive in the Fusion drive but it is running skylake and seems to be the best out of the selection of iMacs. Of course you're paying a premium for that as well.

I wanted to update my post, I've not fully changed my position in that I think there are some things that I don't like, but overall the 5k iMac is a nice machine, so much so, I bought one. I configured it to best over come some of the deficiencies I didn't like, i.e., didn't get the 1TB fusion drive, got a higher end GPU, etc.

I debated seriously at getting an Dell XPS8900 vs. the iMac but in the end, the iMac had too much to offer.

I don't think Apple is doomed as stated by the over used meme, but some of their decisions are such that I'm not overly jazzed up over. I don't think the Beats purchase last year was a good use of their funds and I don't see a return on that at all. Their focus on thinner designs is questionable, yet they come out with some pretty cool products, like the 5k iMac.

Reactions: navaira and rbrian

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
When it comes to the phone I use as my daily driver, I'm moving away from the iPhone. There are a few things in iOS 7 and later that I really don't like. Plus, iPhones seem to be too expensive for me at this point. The Samsung Galaxy S6 is pretty cheap right now, so that's what I'm getting. I really like the Galaxy S6 Edge.

On the other hand, I do intend on getting a brand new or at least refurbished Mac in the future, preferably a MacBook Pro. I need the quad core i7 so that Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X run like a breeze, but I need the MacBook because I'll also be building a powerful Windows machine, and having a 27" monitor as well as an iMac on my desk would be uncomfortable. I already use Windows as my daily system, and I have no reason to stop using it, but I do have reason to buy a Mac. So, I will have both. Windows will probably remain as my daily driver as I do play a lot of games that don't support Mac OS X, and I have good reason to build a powerful Windows machine.

I also want to buy a Microsoft Surface so I could easily draw using Adobe Illustrator. But I also want to have something like an iPad so I can keep the iOS applications I purchased.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I did not say this in my other post in this thread, but to go from Apple to Windows or say Android, Windows/Android would have to offer something better. What would that better be?

I am using Windows 10 which works fine so far, but still it's Windows and I'm counting down the days until a clean install is required (which I've had to do with every version of Windows except, 8 which I never installed). My comfort and confidence in the MacOS has never been higher.
Fwiw, I have installed Windows 7 in 2009ish and probably in 6 months will need an install. The issue is not Windows, the issue is its in a partition that can't be expanded very easily and in out of room due to winsxs. This issue was remedied in Windows 8.

I can't see moving away from iPhone but not interested in a Mac although I rent airtime from cloud companies.

We just bought One high end laptop and sp4.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Fwiw, I have installed Windows 7 in 2009ish and probably in 6 months will need an install. The issue is not Windows, the issue is its in a partition that can't be expanded very easily and in out of room due to winsxs. This issue was remedied in Windows 8.

I can't see moving away from iPhone but not interested in a Mac although I rent airtime from cloud companies.

We just bought One high end laptop and sp4.

Would you say some of this feeling is based on available software? Some people don't want to mess with Botcamp if most of what they work with is Windows based. Fortunately I've never been in the position to be reliant primarily on Windows programs. My weakness is gaming and when traveling my MBP fit the bill for giving me the best of both worlds. At home, based in the realities of gaming, I work on my Mac and play on my PC.

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
Am I thinking about leaving Apple? Yes, to a degree.

Their hardware has been steadily getting worse over time. The soldered memory in the Mac Mini and iMacs with glued on displays making it difficult to replace a faulty HDD are really the last straws for me. I was trying to decide what I would purchase to replace my 2011 Mac Mini, and I realized Apple had no hardware I was interested in. It's sad but true.

I don't know why they are so obsessed with anorexic hardware, but it's getting to be a bit ridiculous. I really don't care if they get any thinner any more. Things that are more important to me is how well it is going to WORK for the next several years. If I would like to put a Solid State Drive in my iMac, but I can't open the freaking thing to install one, that's a big problem!

Also, the Mac Pro is way behind the rest of the industry. The PC workstation world has left it behind in the dust. The design is kinda neat, but as far as getting real work done goes, it really doesn't meet expectations. Allowing only one CPU and having video cards that can't be upgraded, only 64GB of memory supported (rather than 128GB+), no internal storage, etc etc really puts a damper on that machine. Plus, it costs a ridiculous amount of money.

The only machine from Apple that I would still buy gladly is a Mac Pro 5,1. And that's an outdated machine. It really makes me angry, too, as I have a lot invested in this company with my computer and mobile hardware. Thousands of dollars spent over the years are going to be shut off, simply because they've stopped catering to what my needs are. Sad.

Windows 10 is also vastly improved over previous versions. It used to be an argument that OSX was way better than Windows, but I'm not so sure that holds up anymore.

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. :D

Possumgal

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2015
N. Central Arkansas
When and if I ever get a new computer, I'll go the Windows route. That planned obsolescence is what changed my mind. I'm using a 2002 Power PC, and if Apple's products still were built like that one, they'd be worth the extra money, but now...

Reactions: SkyBell

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Would you say some of this feeling is based on available software? Some people don't want to mess with Botcamp if most of what they work with is Windows based. Fortunately I've never been in the position to be reliant primarily on Windows programs. My weakness is gaming and when traveling my MBP fit the bill for giving me the best of both worlds. At home, based in the realities of gaming, I work on my Mac and play on my PC.
I have a lot of Windows software and it's not like I won't learn a new o/s, I downloaded Ubuntu and am using that also. I'm past the game stage, except for solitare maybe and I run some heavy duty Windows apps that I want to run on Windows.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
While I may have had some serious OS X, iOS X and iPhone over the past two years, I'm staying put. When Apple products work, they work wonderfully and their customer service stands behind me every single time (Even when I get crappy customer service, the higher ups make things right.)

I've found that stock model Macs serve me quite well and for as long as I need a full blown computer, that's the route I'll go.

It's weird getting used to Yosemite on a machine that did not have multiple OSs installed prior to that, but I sure am thinking a bit differently about this operating system now.

So after some frustration, I'm swinging back toward everything is okay, sticking with Apple.

navaira

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
When it comes to phones/tablets I moved to Android and I couldn't be happier.

When it comes to laptops... I had a Chromebook with Linux installed. I spent at least half of the time fighting with it. Because I needed Polish keyboard, which for some reason stopped working, and when I got it to work PgDn/Up stopped working, and I spent hours and hours trying to figure out why, and when I fixed that the keyboard started lagging... now I have an Air and EVERYTHING WORKS and I can actually use the laptop for, you know, using it, rather than fixing it.

When it comes to desktops... when my fiance's iMac dies I will most probably build him a Hackintosh unless Apple produce a machine that can be easily upgraded. The minimum config we'd have to go for is 27" 3 TB Fusion drive, which costs €2609 in the Netherlands. He doesn't need a 3 TB drive now, but he might in a few years, and I won't be able to upgrade it easily. And we don't have a basement filled with money the way Tim Cook does. ;) Sorry Apple. We'd be more likely to buy a Mac Pro... if it could be, you know, upgraded.

When it comes to operating systems... I don't like how Mac OS X looks these days. But everything looks the same these days thanks to flop flat design. Chrome OS is useless. Linux doesn't allow me to run Photoshop, Reason, Cubase. Windows... no, thanks, I'll pass, I am still in therapy from traumas I have lived through while using Windows. So I stay with Mac OS X, but I wish I could skin it easier.

Android in my opinion *dons flameproof suit* is VASTLY superior over iOS. Especially on tablets. My Xperia Z3 Compact tablet utilises the screen way, way better than iPads do. I changed the launcher to Nova with Gel pack and it looks wicked. No such thing is available for iPortables – perhaps one has to jailbreak the device but I like having a warranty. I would love to have a laptop which runs Android – not Chrome OS. Pixel C looks interesting. Maybe one day.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I think Windows 10 is a massive mistake. Maybe eventually all of society will go back to glass tubes.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Three words: It Just Works.
Two words: Customer Service.
One word: Unification.

Apple is like a secured gated community. You have everything you need, and you can get out once in a while but in all reality you never need to because everything you need or want or desire is already here. Everything works, and the neighborhoods are safe and friendly.

Windows is like the sludge in the sewer that dreams of one day being recycled into benign waste.

...I wouldn't sully my toilet trying to flush Android or Chrome; the stuttering, the overload of dumb, dumb settings, and the mandatory integration with every Google service is mind boggling. Using anything from Google is like opening your doors wide and saying "Rape my privacy, please!"

Reactions: ray737

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada

IMO...
Three words: It Use To
Two words: Corporate greed
One word: Clusterf*ck

I'm not an Apple apologist or fanboy. Now, no company is perfect and I'm not ready to jump ship...but I see cracks. Cracks I hope, won't turn Apple into the lumbering sloth Microsoft was for decades.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
IMO...
Three words: It Use To
Two words: Corporate greed
One word: Clusterf*ck

I'm not an Apple apologist or fanboy. Now, no company is perfect and I'm not ready to jump ship...but I see cracks. Cracks I hope, won't turn Apple into the lumbering sloth Microsoft was for decades.

Apparently you and I have had different experiences with Apple. Sorry it hasn't been decent for you; But don't get me wrong: I'm no fanboy - I'm just open about what I like and what works. But, I will say: There's not a company on this planet that's not out to make a profit; singling one out for criticism because of that is just plain dumb. Bury your head in the sand.

This isn't directed at you, but I've seen so many anti-Apple people argue something like this:

Apple Hater: I hate Apple! They're just out to make money! Damn them! How greedy!

Pedantic Common Sense: But all businesses do that. It's why they're called businesses.

Apple Hater: Yes but Google is different! Google isn't a Clusterf***! Google doesn't have corporate greed!

Documented Reports: Android is a closed-source system, Google is a data mining monster with a lobby larger than Big Oil so they can get away with illegal and monopolistic practices, they joined the Webkit consortium under pretense of open source contribution, took the code, left the Webkit group, created Chrome and then locked it down, and they know about major security loopholes in Android years before patching them, and then only after it leaks to the public. On top of this there's no direct line for customer service issues, they only guarantee 2 years of updates compared to 3 years that Apple does--

Apple Hater: ...Apple is different because I like Android! Apple is horrible because Google is better! That's all the proof I need!

Real Life: That's okay. Use what you're happy with. I'll stick with then that works and has the most stability, and won't write off the entire company due to some perceived misdirection the company is headed in.

Apple Hater: Well you're wrong because I like Google! I've been saying Apple is going to fail for years! The only reason they're NOT is because all the buyers are stupid Kool Aid-drinking mindless zombies who want fruit logos to look cool when they visit Starbucks!

Everyday Reality: You've never been to Starbucks or used your device in public?

Apple Hater: That doesn't mean anything! I'm not showing off because I don't use Apple!

Real Life: *Brushes off the hate, lives and lets live.*

--
By all means, use Windows. Invite Google to track everything you do - if you're happy with it I'm sure they are too. I'll take the cracks perceived by other people over the utterly disfunctional rubble of other systems. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ray737

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I fear that Apple has catered too much to stupid consumers and not enough to the professional market. Although they know how to make money on people who keep buying overpriced mobile devices and entertainment consoles, the company doesn't seem too interested in servicing people who need to do real work in a broad market segment. I refuse to upgrade my MacOS again because of all the expected problems, including broken software compatibility and unwanted operational changes. That's the Microsoft upgrade nonsense that I ran from, and I don't want to go back.

Pretty much my feelings in a nutshell. I've had only Apple computers since 1983. In years past, I had alarms set to remind me to watch the keynotes and other events. Now, I don't even know when they are half of the time, because I just don't care. And, if I miss them, which is normal, I'll just fast forward through the video release. Apple hasn't done anything that remotely excites me in years. The iPad Pro was the first thing that even made me say, "Well, that's pretty cool." I want more than a basic consumer device, and that's what they've become for the most part.

I've also had problems with recent OS upgrades, including one that bricked my iMac to the point that I had to take it into an Apple Store to get it going again.

Apple came out with its first desktop system upgrade after a long delay, slapped an SGI-style price tag on it, and forgot to include some important features like industry-standard mounting capabilities, non-proprietary internal components that can be fixed without running back to Apple and hoping that the parts are still replaceable, expandability, hot-swappable components, redundancy, cooling options, software certifications, and choices for hardware type and number.

All I wanted was a touchscreen version of the iMac, and I was berated for even asking about it on the iMac forum. My last purchase was a 23" HP touchscreen all-in-one, and, although I had some customer service issues, I have been enjoying using it.

I almost bought an iPhone until I ran into file-management problems and felt like I was being locked into an Apple service structure instead of being able to use it like a regular computer device.

Yeah, the only reason I stay with iPhone is because of my investment in apps. Although, I really should do a comparison and see how much I might save with another type of phone and getting new apps that work for me. My biggest beef with iPhone is that you can't use the USB connection to actually do anything with the computer. Most file transfer and keyboard-shortcut style apps have to work over Wifi or Bluetooth, which is stupid.

What really matters at purchase time is: can it do the job reliably and at a competitive price? Unfortunately for Apple, the company seems not to want to compete, and that's fine because those of us who aren't interested in the Apple environment can call those companies that do want to service a wide variety of business customers, and it's Apple that has to be compatible with that if it wants more customers. As long as billions of dollars keep coming in from the consumer market, I don't think that Apple will be changing its priorities away from servicing that market any time soon.

Nope. Apple has created enough of a rabid and unquestioning following, that I don't think they will turn away from selling highly marked-up devices to them at great profit, while offering little actual improvement over previous models.

I don't know why they are so obsessed with anorexic hardware, but it's getting to be a bit ridiculous. I really don't care if they get any thinner any more. Things that are more important to me is how well it is going to WORK for the next several years. If I would like to put a Solid State Drive in my iMac, but I can't open the freaking thing to install one, that's a big problem!

No ****. When the first thing you say in every release is how much thinner you've made the device, I'd say that's kind of proof of how little else you have to offer. Are people really that concerned about how much thinner an iPhone can be at the expense of other things? Does 0.7mm actually improve things? I've been reding some rumor about how they want to do away with the headphone connector in order to make it even thinner. Seriously?

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. :D

You said something negative about Apple...you're wrong!!!!!

1. No, it doesn't.
2. They do have this one down.
3. Eh. At what cost?

Apple is like a secured gated community. You have everything you need, and you can get out once in a while but in all reality you never need to because everything you need or want or desire is already here. Everything works, and the neighborhoods are safe and friendly.

Speak for yourself. There's no touchscreen desktop or laptop model which can use OSX. An iPad is NOT a solution. You can't use a cabled connection for transferring things easily between mac and iPhone. There's no external storage or file management solution, and even with AirDrop, it's a shot in the dark if it will work that day. Their software had been dumbed down to the point of being unusable in several situations. Updates have been pretty buggy, and iOS has given me numerous issues requiring full restores or new phones. Safari is a terrible browser for anything beyond forums and google. They have put all their efforts into phones and tablets (including ones that years ago people said were stupid but are now somehow revolutionary), and have mostly forgotten their computers. OS X hasn't had an exciting development in years, and iOS hasn't exactly been mind-blowing, either. And seriously: "We've figured out the future of TV...apps!" You mean years after Smart TVs and $50 Blu Ray Players with apps have been out? Brilliant.

You have everything you need if you are a basic consumer looking for a basic experience. Looking to do anything big, you'll be left wanting. It wasn't this way in the past. It's just that Apple has become much more focused on selling highly profitable overpriced consumer devices to the general public. And that's their business decision to make, and it's worked out very well for them and their shareholders. But as far as actually being an amazing company with really cool products? Meh. Next up: The Apple Adapter Company.

Reactions: rbrian

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Apple has created enough of a rabid and unquestioning following, that I don't think they will turn away from selling highly marked-up devices to them at great profit, while offering little actual improvement over previous models.

1. No, it doesn't.
2. They do have this one down.
3. Eh. At what cost?

Every company has rabid, moronic fanboys, but I'm sure we both agree that in itself doesn't mean anything - hence it is, logically, a useless argument. I remember the days when Apple measured market share in hundredths of a percent - and so many people were, like you, saying the same thing. It's dumb; just buy what you like. Apple could have a reputation like Microsoft or Dell if they made sh*t. The instant you start reducing popularity to a mindless public eager to swallow any marketing doubletalk it will force you reevaluate how your favorite political candidates are getting elected, or indeed, why you yourself buy anything. The fact is, nobody right now is making ground-breaking new stuff. You can't demand 4k displays and 15 hour battery life inside a .25" thick 12"-screen laptop - and so many people that whine about stuff like that are the ones who climb all over Apple for 'going to extremes' to make things thinner without any loss in performance (or even moderately boosting it).

In your view, it doesn't. In my view, it does. Neither one of us is absolutely correct in 100% of the all examples. Holy crap, imagine that! 0_o

For me, it can come at an even heavier markup and I'd still pay it. When something works all the way through (qualification for the sake of lame internet argument: this is based solely on my personal experience) I tend to have brand loyalty.

No rant, just common sense. :)

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Every company has rabid, moronic fanboys, but I'm sure we both agree that in itself doesn't mean anything - hence it is, logically, a useless argument. I remember the days when Apple measured market share in hundredths of a percent - and so many people were, like you, saying the same thing. It's dumb; just buy what you like. Apple could have a reputation like Microsoft or Dell if they made sh*t. The instant you start reducing popularity to a mindless public eager to swallow any marketing doubletalk it will force you reevaluate how your favorite political candidates are getting elected, or indeed, why you yourself buy anything. The fact is, nobody right now is making ground-breaking new stuff. You can't demand 4k displays and 15 hour battery life inside a .25" thick 12"-screen laptop - and so many people that whine about stuff like that are the ones who climb all over Apple for 'going to extremes' to make things thinner without any loss in performance (or even moderately boosting it).

In your view, it doesn't. In my view, it does. Neither one of us is absolutely correct in 100% of the all examples. Holy crap, imagine that! 0_o

For me, it can come at an even heavier markup and I'd still pay it. When something works all the way through (qualification for the sake of lame internet argument: this is based solely on my personal experience) I tend to have brand loyalty.

No rant, just common sense. :)

Holy rainbow. My eyes hurt now.

If Apple stuff works for you and is perfect for your needs, then that's great. I've had some pretty bad experiences lately with software and hardware, and have been thoroughly unimpressed with anything they've had to offer recently. They're pretty much just a consumer brand now, and it works for them, and you. Keep on keeping on.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Holy rainbow. My eyes hurt now.

If Apple stuff works for you and is perfect for your needs, then that's great. I've had some pretty bad experiences lately with software and hardware, and have been thoroughly unimpressed with anything they've had to offer recently. They're pretty much just a consumer brand now, and it works for them, and you. Keep on keeping on.

Sorry. :eek:

But yeah, and that's really a pity. I cringe when I read things like your experiences because, while strictly speaking it's not the company's fault (support rep having a bad day, recent divorce, whatever), by the flip side customer service is like the #1 thing you can do to make loyal customers or keep prices high. truthfully, I don't like reading about any company, even Google, who falls short on the Customer Service front. I mean, Google is horrendous, nay, nonexistent in that regard, but you get my drift.

At any rate, it's too bad you've had a less than idyllic experience with Apple. I agree: it shouldn't happen.

On the third side of the coin, when you factor relativity into the bargain Apple is still leaps and bounds ahead - even by critical standards.

...and I'll clarify my ""Basic User/Basic Experience" perspective: I've used every version of Windows except NT and Vista (go figure, right?) in multiple environments and tasks, and write and maintain medium-large scale business software and regularly handle print design - hardly your average "Cat Memes and YouTube" buyer - and neither my Mac nor Apple have once let me down. I'm guessing you, et al, would criticize Apple all the same if they didn't introduce Smart TVs (which are useless to me since I still rock DVDs)... damned if they do, damned if they don't; you'll find some reason to criticize Apple regardless: Fairly so in the case of bad support experiences, and irrationally in the case of perceived lack of innovation, new products, or form factors. Having a laptop that has to double as a tablet and then blaming it for falling short in size, battery life or usability is like having a Porsche that doubles as a pickup truck and complaining that it can't motorboat to England. I'd lay odds you'll have all the lovin's for the Surface Pro but then if Apple did a touchscreen Laptop you'd whine about fingerprints...

And yes, how short our memories are!, the iPhone was revolutionary. People seem to forget that Pinch To Zoom wasn't a thing before 2007; now, "Oh, it's so brainless it's so easy it's so common Apple's not innovative at all..."

Ok, that last bit was a tad rant-ish. :)

Last edited:

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Already switched my 6S to a Nexus 6P, but I can't fully leave OS X yet. I'm too used to the environment for my productivity work. So ... building a new Hackintosh soon. It's just hard to completely leave something I've been using for so damn long.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
You have everything you need if you are a basic consumer looking for a basic experience. Looking to do anything big, you'll be left wanting.

As a 25+ year professional in the tech sector, developer/architect/author, currently engaged in sophisticated projects in the Medical (clinical informatics), Federal (criminal investigation/analytics) and Private sectors, the latter including working with studios on some next gen VR tech, I'd like to suggest that I'm not limited by my Apple equipment, and I'm using it in a capacity way beyond a "basic consumer". :)

Some people use a wrench to tighten a faucet, some people use a wrench to build and install a high performance engine into a car - I've done both - YMMV. :D

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
I am seriously wondering WTF is wrong with Apple right now. I am seriously concerned with every aspect of the company except for the core hardware, which is still underpowered. Most all aspects of Apple's software, OS's and services are at a, comparatively, all time low IMO.

I had a feeling when Bertrand Serlet left the company, Apple was going in a bad direction...something similar to exactly what i feared seems to be playing itself out currently

And the poll sucks, need Android in the mix somewhere as an option. For me I may replace all Apple gear with Windows as my truck and Android as my car, as will most.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.