VZW iPhone 7 plus - can I get AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NachoZoolndr, Oct 26, 2016.

1. NachoZoolndr macrumors newbie

I got my 7+ from Verizon. I am wondering if it's possible to get AppleCare+ from Apple even though I got the phone from Verzion and not directly from Apple.

2. Oper8tor macrumors newbie

3. htc fan macrumors 6502

Why not get squaretrade warranty instead? Its way better than applecare+

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

That would be an opinion, not a fact as you presented it.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 26, 2016 ---
    It doesn't matter where you bought it.

I googled it. It was the 3rd result.
    http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html

5. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Verizon purchase, but since I live in Florida I had to go to the Apple Store to get apple care plus. Other states allow you to get AppleCare Plus on the phone.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Uh. No its not. SquareTrade is $20 more expensive, does not include Express Replacement through Apple and has a $99 deductible for a broken screen while AC+ is $29. SquareTrade is now only better than carrier insurance plans but still does not cover lost or stolen.

OP you have 60 days to purchase AC+. You can call Apple and they will do a remote diagnostic on your phone to make sure there is no 'damage' or issues, or you can go to an Apple Store. They will inspect your phone and add the plan to your device.

7. htc fan, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016

htc fan macrumors 6502

If your phone is not repairable they will refund you the full amount . Don't see applecare+ offering that, and you can go to apple store get it fixed and they will refund you the amount. To me that's way better warranty than applecare+ and theres 20 dollars oft , plus if you want 3 years instead of 2 years. Its your only option and its 179 for 3 years with 20 dollars off its $159. Not bad

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Uh if your phone is not repairable, Apple gives you a replacement. Express replacement from Apple is single-handedly worth AC+. Never have to go to an Apple Store again. Genius Bar appointments are always 7-10 days booked in advanced in my area. I call AppleCare and have a new phone within 36 hours. Then I send the old one back.

SquareTrade is still more expensive. Why pay $99 for a replacement screen deductible through SquareTrade if you can for $29 with Apple.

9. htc fan macrumors 6502

Lets say iPhone 8 comes out and your iPhone 7 isn't repairable , well now you will get a full refund meaning you can go buy a iPhone 8. With applecare+ you will just get a refurbished iPhone 7. This way this warranty pays off.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

No thats not how it works. Please show me where you get a full refund of the device if it is not repairable. That is not listed on their website and says they will send you a replacement device with the $99 deductible.

https://www.squaretrade.com/iphone-warranty

Its no different than AC+ but offers 3 years and is more expensive.

And what you are claiming is kind of shady. Your iPhone 7 becomes unrepairable when the 8 comes out so you get a full refund to get the 8. No sounds like insurance fraud and SquareTrade would go out of business if people caught onto that.

11. htc fan macrumors 6502

I never said insurance Fraud, I'm just say if situation occurs then you be covered. I had warranty from them before and they gave me refund when they couldn't repair my device. Look all I'm saying squaretrade is a good option and that OP should check them out too. Take it easy pal

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

No, you didn't say its a good option and the OP you should look at it. You said its way better. You are claiming something is better without providing facts to prove it. Your claim of a full refund does not exist. It is not outlined in the T/C of SquareTrade. You get a replacement device from either Apple or SquareTrade and SquareTrade will reimburse you once you pay the $99 deductible.

13. noobinator macrumors 601

Yes you can, and in my opinion it's vastly superior to SquareTrade (that's being discussed here as well).

14. NachoZoolndr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I did try to purchase it online, but after entering my serial # and clicking continue I was greeted by a blank white page. I thought maybe it was a not so subtle way of telling me that I couldn't because I didn't get it directly from Apple. I'll just head to the Apple store that's relatively close.

15. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

I purchased AppleCare+ online for my AT&T iP+ without any issues. Didn't have to speak to anybody. Sounds like you are having a browser issue.

16. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Uhm I live in Florida too and I called in and bought mine. A special department (agreement administration) has to add it on for us in FL, but you can very much purchase it over the phone. You just can't buy it online like with other states.

17. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Twice now with two phones, Apple made me go down to the Apple store to purchase apple care plus. The latest one was not too long ago. Unless they change things or I got the wrong rep, but there were two reps involved on the two phones I'm talking about. One iPhone was purchased from Verizon, and another one was from Apple store.

18. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Yeah I'm thinking it's those new reps who don't know what the rules are. For me, if the first rep doesn't know they'll get a senior advisor on the line and they'll transfer me to that department and they sold it to me online. All they did was have me run a diagnostic and they sent me a link through email to submit my payment info and that was it. And I have purchased AC+ on all of my devices the same way.

19. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I thought you could buy Apple Care anytime within the first 60 days. In Asia it's one year.

20. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yes, like I said. "OP you have 60 days to purchase AC+". I cannot find anything about a year in Asia. Maybe for AppleCare, but AppleCare+ is 60 days world-wide that its offered.

Japan is actually 30 days. Singapore is 60, Hong Kong is 60, as well as Mainland China.

21. NachoZoolndr thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried safari & chrome on my mbp. I've tried chrome and firefox on a windows laptop too. In each case I get the blank white page after clicking continue. This is the URL for the blank page (https://agreements.apple.com/us/en/sales/purchase?d=0).

22. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Your link works for me in IE, Edge and Firefox on Windows 10.
    It's the AppleConnect sign in page. Not sure why you are having an issue.

Attached Files:

23. JulesJam, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016

JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

You got lucky then. They are not supposed to sell it over the phone or online if your credit card billing address is in Florida.

The reason this is so is because of Florida's laws. If Apple wants to sell a service policy (and that is what Apple Care+ is), they have to subject themselves to regulation by the Florida Department of Insurance or whatever it is called. Apple doesn't want to do that so that is why they can't sell it by phone or online to you.

It is also why you can't get Verizon's extended warranty in Florida. Many people in Florida don't know that and unwittingly pay for Total Mobile Protection thinking they are getting extended warranty + Asurion insurance. All they are getting for $11/mo is Asurion insurance and stupid tech coach. If they have a defective device after the manufacturer's warranty is expired, they have to pay Asurion's deductible and get the device replaced through Asurion even though there is no accidental damage to the device. So really you are better off in Florida just paying the $7.15/mo for Asurion insurance. No way is the stupid tech coach worth $4/mo.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---
    Yeah, that is the norm. The other poster got lucky.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---
    Just call 1-800-MyiPhone. They will run a remote diagnostic on the device so don't wait too long to call. You have 60 days but if your device bricks, they wouldn't be able to run the remote diagnostic.

Remember Day 1 = day of purchase. And it is not 2 months, it is 60 days.

Of course as others have pointed out, if you are in Florida you have to actually take the phone to an Apple store to buy AC+.

24. teeshot44 macrumors member

teeshot44

Check your bank's credit card policy. Mine gives coverage as long as I pay my carrier's bill with my card each month. Limits and coverage will vary by card.

25. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Third bullet.

https://www.apple.com/asia/support/products/faqs.html