VZW - VoLTE - Voice and Data - Option

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by F150Blue, Sep 30, 2014.

1. F150Blue macrumors newbie

SO I ordered a bunch of iPhone 6's and 6+'s for work. We received a few of both versions on release day. I had read there was an option to enable DATA AND VOICE by going to Settings>Cellular. I did this on those phones.

Fast forward to yesterday when I received my 6+, did the 8.0.2 update and went to do the same on mine and it is not there now, just a slider for ENABLE LTE.

So I grabbed one of the phones that I did it to last week, and theirs still has the option.

Was it removed in the last minor update? See below (first his, then mine).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cyberius11 macrumors regular

I'm running 8.0.2 on VZW and I have the option.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

It still shows up in my AT&T phone. They have VoLTE working in parts of Chicago. Maybe Verizon pulled it from their carrier settings until they roll out VoLTE more broadly.

4. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

5. F150Blue thread starter macrumors newbie

Just reset. Still the same...

6. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

call verizon, also reset network on the phone that does have it, does it still have it after that? also try swapping the sim cards between them

7. JeepGC macrumors regular

8. F150Blue thread starter macrumors newbie

Something is wrong...been on phone with VZW who then transferred me to Apple. No one can figure out.

9. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Turn off your Wifi and check if the setting shows up. This happened to me once when I first restored the phone. I turned off wifi, setting showed up and stayed there ever since with wifi on or off. Probably has something to do with needing to register LTE with the network, which doesn't happen while you're on wifi.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is the advanced calling feature enabled on the account (on Verizon's side of things--could be checked online as far as I can recall)?

11. F150Blue thread starter macrumors newbie

Its odd, it was not a feature on my account, I added it, still would not work, called VZW they confirmed it was on. They re-provisioned phone, we did resets, I did a complete restore, both Verizon and Apple could not figure out.:confused: Verizon is sending me another one but will not come until 10/27.

12. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Did you try what I stated a few posts back? I saw the exact same thing as you before.

13. F150Blue thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried all that and more.

Turned Off Cellular Data and Enable LTE - reboot. Reset Network
    Turned On Aiplane - reboot. Reset Network
    Hard Reset (power and home). Reset Network
    Complete Restore.
    Had VZW re-provision phone 2x and did everything above, again.

No go. Irritating because mine is 1 of 5 iPhone 6's and everyone else's has it and Data and Voice are checked. I can not get to that second screen, period.

I have messed enough with this, but any other suggestions are welcomed.

VZW actually called Apple while on phone with me, and then Apple took over having me try some things, eventually putting me back with VZW as they said it was a carrier issue and they had to enable HD Calling or Advanced Calling. That feature is on and like I said all other phones on same account are fine.

14. F150Blue, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

F150Blue thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE:

Went to VZW Store, employee had a iPhone 5, put his SIM in mine and the option was there. They went to get me a new SIM, but the replacement phone order would not allow them and they could not cancel for some reason. Emailed the guy who was helping last night. Hopefully he can help.

Update#2:

Canceled order, New SIM, works.

15. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

VoLTE Quality

Has anyone noticed whether the quality of voice calls is better, worse or the same? Too soon to tell on my phone.

16. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Yes, call quality is noticeably improved. Sounds like the quality when calling someone using facetime audio or a skype audio call, if you've tried those. If you haven't, you'll be in for a surprise.

17. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

Thanks!

Thanks for the info.

18. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Agreed, the call quality is much better. The first time I called my wife on the phone she said it sounded like I was standing right next to her.

19. ngaham macrumors regular

ngaham

The only problem I have run into with the VoLTE is when exiting an LTE area. Apparently, it can't transition from LTE to 3g without dropping the call. My house is on the edge of an LTE reception and I go between LTE and 3g at times.

20. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

It's unfortunate that you can't fully take advantage of this feature in your area but at least there's a setting to turn this off.

21. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

In my VZ account I had to add HD Voice ($0.00) and then it worked. I can also confirm that it is still in iOS 8.1 beta 1.

22. macduke Suspended

macduke

Mine is still there on 8.0.2. Haven't tested it yet. It took a couple days for it to activate on my Verizon account once I turned on the feature.

23. nutmac macrumors 68040

Ditto. I switched to T-Mobile recently (from AT&T) and my wife and I have been blaming T-Mobile for dropped calls. Once I turned off VoLTE (Settings | Cellular | Enable LTE | Data Only), call drops stopped.

24. andrewket macrumors regular

VZW here. I enabled the option while on 8.0. I did not have to enable the option on my line/account, but it's possible vzw did it automatically.

25. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

MUCH better. It's better than FaceTime audio and Skype. Those have always sounded artificial/digital/metallic to me. This is much better. I'm always covered by LTE, so that's probably why I've had not issues. Well, there are some issues with the caller ID, but that's about it.