WAAARGHHH!!! Things that make me angry!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrbmine, Dec 21, 2008.

1. mrbmine macrumors newbie

I have a MPB which I bought in 2008 but I just wasn't patient enough to wait for the unibody, so now I've got bits of alluminium sticking out of it!

I tried to Install Windows XP but I was halfway through when it crashed into DOS and didn't do anything so I deleted the windows partition but now it still starts up in DOS mode so I have to hold down the option key and all my friends think its broken and the only way to shut it down in DOS mode is by ejecting the power source and it is SOOOOO anoying.

I use iMovie alot and bought my MBP which had iMovie '08 and it is WORSE. You CANT turn of Ken Burns
    You CANT do slow mo
    You CANT do movie effects
    which you CAN do in '06

ARRRRGHHHHHHHH:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Calm down. iMovie 06 is a free download from Apple's website so long as you own 08.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Need some cheese with that whine?

If you don't like iMove '08, just go to the support page for iMovie '06.

Change your boot disk in System preferences so it doesn't boot into DOS every start up.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

these guys are right. to make things super easy, you can download ilife 06 here.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You CAN turn off Ken Burns.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

but you cant do slow-mo, which is a pain!! haha

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Gotta love when a noob flys on here for his or her first post to b@#%h about a problem. It's even more lovely when one problem involves Windows, as if we're going to say "oh, it's just that Mac hardware. Windows would run better if you'd buy a PC."

You also apparently have never read the boards before with such ritual complaints and the lack of question-asking. I smell a troooolllllll.

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Doesn't necessarily have to be "noobs". The older forums members (myself included) can throw a tantrum better than any when we're not happy/frustrated with a purchase.

9. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

10. mrbmine thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for da help but PLEASE how do you turn off ken burns in imovie '08?

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

have you ever heard of the help menu? why not go up to it and type in "ken burns" and oh look at that. It tells you right there in plain english how to do it.

12. mrbmine thread starter macrumors newbie

But really, why is iMovie the only app in iLife '08 which does less things than the last one? SHAME on you apple:apple:

13. mrbmine thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe I'm blind cuz I don't see anything about turning off ken burns. I suppose you could go through every single photo individually and make the start and end point the same but there has to be an easier way

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Because the old one was crap and in desperate need of a rewrite. Honestly, who thought a destructive movie editor was a good idea? I avoided the old iMovie at all costs, despite being forced to use it for some projects. Before the new iMovie I had to use final cut for everything even little projects. The new iMovie is a god send for throwing things together quickly.

And PS: since when are ugly transitions and stupid effects "features"?

15. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Just select the photo, click crop, click fit. There. Ken Burns effect gone. Just like magic. Just like how the help menu said, too!

16. mrbmine thread starter macrumors newbie

so you DO have to do every single little photo individually eh?

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Why would you use iMovie to make a slideshow when iPhoto is even easier?

18. jfull15 macrumors 6502

Geez! It was Free, not to mention the old version is available for download. Quit your whining! If you need an advanced movie editor - upgrade! If you want the old version - download it!

19. mrbmine thread starter macrumors newbie

20. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

iphoto isnt very flexibe...

21. mrbmine thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't wanna "Throw stuff together" I just want to make a movie without having to pay at least $200 for final cut, and frankly, '06 did that better.

PS: Who says it was in need of a rewrite????

22. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Then just download '06, get your film done, and stop whining in this thread, christ, I swear some people just whine for the sake of whining, regardless of how much help is thrown in their general direction.

Also 06 was in need of a re-write, it was hideously bloated compared to pervious versions.

/rant

23. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

iMovie is to throw things together...
    Final Cut express is to make a short video
    Final Cut Pro is to make a movie.

The users thought it needed a rewrite, the developers thought it needed a rewrite... so yeah.

You can make a hell of a video with iMovie given time and creativity, and a lot faster than you could in iMovie '06.

Since you got iLife free, and iMovie '06 downgrade for free as well you really have no right to complain.

:)

24. kolax macrumors G3

Buy Final Cut Express (even though it is aimed at consumers) and see how far you get with having to manually do everything.

iMovie 08 is great for quickly doing things and doesn't require any knowledge (well, maybe you are immune to that).

If you are having trouble with that, then I'd hate to see you try and use a proper suite of pro apps, never mind hear you whine about it all ;)

25. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Exactly

*Make change* *Render* *Make change* Render*

THAT, is rant/whine worthy, specially after 7 hours of it...