Wait for Iphone 8 or grab iphone 7 now.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hengki, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Hengki macrumors newbie

Hengki

I want to buy iphone 7 but interest to iphone 8 new feature (bigger screen with the same size)
    Should I grab iphone 7 or wait for iphone 8 in just 5 months later ?
    Please advice...

2. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Hold-up if you can, iPhone 8 is going to be a big change in iPhone history and you don't wanna miss that

3. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

I'm currently having the same thought, and added the Galaxy S8 into my conundrum.

I'm thinking of going with the 7+ now, and waiting for the 2nd version of the iPhone 8/Edition/X/whatever they call it. The 2nd version is always better after a big update..

4. konicky macrumors member

8 is likely to be very expensive, so bear that in mind !

5. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I would wait either way if you can, I don't know what phone you have now and if you are having any issues with it, but I would wait.
    Even if the 8 or the X/Pro version isn't appealing to you, the prices of the iPhone 7 may go down and you'll get it at a better price.

6. slingshott macrumors member

slingshott

Definitely wait. The iPhone 7 was a stopgap to keep generating revenue before the 8 was released. If you buy it just accept you'll be buying the 8 too ;)

7. fartnugget213 macrumors member

I upgraded from a 6s to a 7+, I do not regret that decision one bit.

For me, storage/screen/battery were all upgraded, it's an even better iOS experience than before and the water-resistance gives me peace of mind.

I don't mind buying the 8 in another 5 months, the 7+ was worth every penny for me, but I did also gain a lot, it isn't like I went from a 4.7" phone to another of the same size.

8. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Wait and then when the iPhone 8 is launched and the 7S, buy the 7 for a reduced price.

9. Leo90 macrumors 6502

just buy the 7 and enjoy the moment. you dont need approval of forum members

10. ASUgrad1999 macrumors regular

ASUgrad1999

Keep in mind you might be waiting until Oct or November to get your hands on one, assuming they announce in September.

11. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Or it won't be. No one actually knows.

12. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Do what I just did if your married. Bought a new 7, Red, today to replace an original 6. Paid in full. When the 8, anniversary, whatever hits, I'll pick one up and give the 7 to the wife. :D

For reference, I can't believe how much quicker and overall nicer the 7 is than my 6. Loving it so far and very happy with the purchase.

13. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

I am going to wait, but for a different reason. Based on the speculation the iPhone 8 is going to be very expensive. However, once a new model comes out you can usually get a better deal on the previous version, so I will be looking for an iPhone 7+ once the iPhone 8 gets into the marketplace.

14. ZapNZs, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017

ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

Might as well wait. No way to be certain what is in the pipeline, and you might really like some new features (like USB-C charging...)

15. Conutz macrumors regular

Conutz

If you have a 6S or SE, then wait if you can. If not, the 7 will be quite a nice upgrade. Also consider how long you keep your phones - if you change quite frequently, then just go for it. Finally, how important is it to you that you have the absolute latest?

16. IowaLynn macrumors 6502a

IowaLynn

I bought 6S+ off Apple Refurbished Store. Save $$ and know it is has texted and upgraded parts.

I try to avoid tsunami - new hardware and new iOS that needs time to upgraded. Heck, usually the nth version, Mac OS or iOS, when I feel they have it ironed out.

Lots of complex challenges ahead facing bow to achieve the next feat.

Preferred 6S over 6, and think 7S will be more mature unless it has new hardware features.
    Really think Apple will push and supply chain under pressure trying to do everything.

Remember the Sept 30th announcements? And two month waits?

We use to call new OS rollout with new systems, the bleeding edge. Think it still holds. Also, perfect storm.

17. nordique macrumors 6502a

If this was September 2016, I'd say get the iPhone 7 now

But since this is 4-5 months from September 2017, just wait at this point....get an iPhone 6s for cheaper and enjoy pretty much the exact same experience instead right now, and make up your mind in September this year if it's worth getting the newer model ("8" or one of the other 2 more iterative models 7s/7s+) at that point in time

18. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Isn't every new iPhone better than the previous? I mean... every iPhone that comes out AFTER the S model is better than it, right? This whole "sticking to the S model" is only dumb only only psychologically pleasing.

19. imk_87 macrumors newbie

imk_87

20. acorntoy, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017

acorntoy macrumors 6502a

Buy the 7, and for the next couple of months try to put $50 towards the iPhone 8, if it comes out and is amazing sell the 7 and use that and the saved money to upgrade, if it turns out like the 4S where everybody thought it was gonna be stunning and it's just ok you have a good amount of money to use on whatever.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 24, 2017 ---
    I'm not entirely sure. I went through 5 iPhone 5's because of dust in the camera lens. I knew somebody who couldn't take pictures from the front camera because dust in the camera lens. I walked around and asked to see peoples phones in school and many if not all had some sort of dust in the camera lens (sometimes it falls/gets stuck to a corner and doesn't affect picture). Finally got fed up and moved to a HTC ONE M7. Every 5S and iPhone SE however seems to be perfect.

+ And doesn't it strike again with the touch disease? The iPhone 6 was the first one, and it has a massive flaw, yet the iPhone 6S and 7 with the same or extremely similar design are fixed.

+ And the 4S which included the upgraded band design so on all carriers you wouldn't lose service....

If you look at Apple in the past it actually seems to make a lot of sense to wait until they refine their design a bit.

21. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

Depends how much he wants to spend, because rumors are it will be close to $1k.

22. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Bought a 7 Plus last week--it's great. I usually wait until the local stores have stock anyway, so that takes the 8 into early next year anyway . . . assuming the holidays will be a mess.

23. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Every year, the same repetitive questions.

"Should I buy or wait"
    "Convince me why I should buy"

24. Mouse man Suspended

Mouse man

Ha ha yep.